Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slowest Slayer Tasks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE
What slayer tasks are the slowest overall? I can block 5

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
You mean exp/hr or taking the longest?

PereGrin
[ Display Name History ]

PereGrin

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Pere Grin
slowest in xp? wyverns, steels, black demons, and tzhaar are all pretty slow xp

And hands down, living rock caverns takes longer then any other slayer task. Bloodvelds also take a long time

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
I will cancel torts and blue drags for sure and also wyverns

I will do black demons because they are good xp
I will do tzhaar for tokkul and fire capes
I will do metal/kbd drags with c rapier
I will do wfs for charms

mck.pngMck.png

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

slowest in xp? wyverns, steels, black demons, and tzhaar are all pretty slow xp

And hands down, living rock caverns takes longer then any other slayer task. Bloodvelds also take a long time

What? Bloodvelds are easily some of the best slayer experience. Black Demons are pretty good, too.

EDIT: Blue dragons, warped torts, wyverns, and living rock creatures are all good candidates for cancels. I'd also cancel hellhounds. Kalphites should be considered, too.

EDIT: Jungle and desert wyrms are pretty slow in terms of exp, too.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
Blue drags
Warped torts
Wyverns
Hellies
Jungles
Deserts

What to cancel

mck.pngMck.png

Cptbaker08
[ Display Name History ]

Cptbaker08

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • RSN:CptBaker
  • RSN2:CptAsshat
  • Clan:TSG
Task Exp/Hr

These were taken from someone with maxed combats and the best abilities you can get. They should still be about the same for some people unless you have terrible low stats.

The 5 on the bottom are the lowest exp/hr tasks, but also take into consideration the ones you rather take time killing instead of doing better exp tasks that you can't stand.

I can't stand to do Hellhounds, LRC, Kalphites and i got Waterfiends blocked atm as I'm ranging/maging my tasks.

Zarfot's Task Exp/Hr

These are what Zarfot has gotten. But thats with 99 summ, no exts, turmoil, or anti-fire potion.
Drops

Completed Goals

Goals

lordkafei
[ Display Name History ]

lordkafei

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,123 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kafei Nation

EDIT: Blue dragons, warped torts, wyverns, and living rock creatures are all good candidates for cancels. I'd also cancel hellhounds. Kalphites should be considered, too.

Now that you only have to have the chimes in your inventory, warped tortoises are one of the best tasks you can get.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

Blue drags
Warped torts
Wyverns
Hellies
Jungles
Deserts

What to cancel

I'd keep either hellies or torts. Torts have ok drops, and with the chime update, are pretty fast. Hh's are pretty fast too, but no good drops outside of clues.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
I'd keep blue drags just for the money, they're a fast task too if you have a lot of extra ferocious rings (which is bound to happen as you slay more)

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RSN:xpx
I think it should be noted that all the figures posted on this thread assume cannoning everything minutely cannonable and are a maximum, real figures are bound to be a bit lower with even the best equipment(and the figures suggest ovl/turm/rapier). For me, since i'm already 99 slayer and don't like cannoning most tasks, i have blocked things like bloodvelds and black deamons that can be fast with a cannon. I wouldn't suggest blocking blue dragons- they are an easy task at kurdal dungeon if you don't pick up bones and with a yak the banking can be done with minimal timeloss, neither would i ever block hellhounds thanks to the kurdal dungeon. But most of all when determining your block list you should try the tasks- even if the task yields good xp it might be very boring for you to do thus slowing you down, or if a task is a bit slower but you like it then you really shouldn't be blocking it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Now that you only have to have the chimes in your inventory, warped tortoises are one of the best tasks you can get.

They suffer from Kaphite Syndrome; they have aggravatingly slow spawn times.

Posted Image

cydoor
[ Display Name History ]

cydoor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • RSN:Cydoor
  • Clan:BlacKnights

They suffer from Kaphite Syndrome; they have aggravatingly slow spawn times.

When I did that task first time ever yesterday, I managed to keep a steady pace of dropping one when the other was just spawning. So I managed to fight all the time. Only problem was that my inv got full of tort shells quite fast and I had to bank several times. But in the end, 500k+ profit wasn't that bad at all.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
How were you killing them? I find that with a cannon and turmoil, I can kill them faster than they spawn.

Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts
I don't cannon, but I use Titan and turmoil on Tortoises, I usually wait like 5 seconds between spawn. Worth it imo for the cash, although I'm not really looking for epic xp, I just Slay for fun :P

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

zotto
[ Display Name History ]

zotto

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts
Dislike of tasks can grow over time so I would suggest to not block anything in the beginning. Experience all tasks. Block those that really start to annoy you.

There is also an indirect manner of blocking: don't do quests.

I had a really good thing going till i hit 95 slayer or so, because then i started doing quests for TDs. I then actually started to get awful tasks.

I used to have a limited number of possible tasks which meant I was doing abyssal demons etc really frequently. And after doing most of the quests the list of possible tasks was just a lot longer. Which meant more variation, and also less frequently the tasks that I actually enjoyed.

Similar to an earlier poster I have 99 slayer so I actually have blocked tasks that some people swear by, like dagonoths and kalphites. I have no interest in cannoning any more. I actually don't have a cannon any more.

But black demons: Great task! You can melee them, range them, mage them, cannon them. Just takes a while to do 200+ of them when you don't have a cannon. Don't block that! But then again, I am biased because I actually enjoy doing them. Maybe it is because I don't feel the need to finish the entire task in one go. They are quite easily reached after all.

wordsofthelord
[ Display Name History ]

wordsofthelord

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 215 posts
I think you should try all of the tasks at least once. who knows, you just might like one of the ones listed to be banned. I for one like to slay black demons and also I like blue dragons as well. Blue dragons are like 1 mil a task if you bank all the hides and bones, but yes they are slower this way.
Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
Black demons are not bad at all with a steel titan.

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly
The trick with tortoises is finding a VERY populated world... with cmb familiar, piety, and supers (not maxed stats, mind you) I managed to just barely get the other one.

I piety the fool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users