The Tip.It Hegemony v4

Iconic

30mb... What the hell? How can a map be 30mb? And that means we have to download that 30mb whenever we look at the home page of the thread.

How is it a step backward for the better?

Simpler isn't always better. If it was, all combat would be like this: Infantry beat anti tank units, tanks beat infantry, anti tank beats tank. How is this system any easier for the casual player? With my system, all the player needs to do is tell the mod that they start the research. With your system, they have to keep track of it every day or few days, and have practically a spread sheet to keep track of all their research levels. With your system, it's subjective, so if steve thinks his lasers are better than nick's, and vice versa, it's a stalemate. With my system, it's objective, meaning that we have a way to determine whose are better.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meh. so are we just arguing the system?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I like Doom's system, except to make it simple, the moderator could basically do all the calculations, so it would appear simple for the player. However, I have some additional ideas that involve propaganda and stuff, so it has more of a real world feel, and would make it more fun to play.

I would make it so that tanks, boats, and airplanes, as well as active defence troops would have to be created/trained before hand, and then maintained. This would mean that you could not react to an attack like in the previous game. The moderator would simply pull up the latest updated figures.

Some changes to Doom's system:

Aid missions can be done to NPC countries that want aid missions

Aid missions can cause corruption in government, which is not a number, but might cause some problems if it is accumalated

Research is divided into two different categories:

Breakthrough researches are basically where the research isn't necessarily searching for something incredibly specific, but perhaps something into the future. This could be trying to discover gunpowder, or something like that. Results will be affected by a RNG number and the time spent researching.

Regular researchers are research aiming at a specific goal. These will be far less affected by chance, and will generally have a set time.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Please can we just see how this plays out for now.

Edit: my map is 30mb, how do I make it smaller - its in BMP form.

[Falador tavern]

No, the problem I was having was that it just stopped changing - its fixed now and the map is up on the first page.

[Falador tavern]

Can we have border colours too, cause it makes it really really difficult to see who owns what then.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

so, ahve we decided upon what system we are doing?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I request that a new moderator for the game be chosen. I think that I would not be able to moderate effectively with the ruleset of this Hegemony, and I don't want to continue to burden you trying to change it to the Hegemony that I prefer.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

And then Russia read the rules, and then the 500K troops suddenly disappeared, and Ukraine is pissed.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

and wheres the map?

seriously, no one has answered if i need to continue research on what i chose, and if we have decided on the system..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Icu, thats the thing - there are not borders, you must decide, its a feature not a bug.

Dungeon, you can't do that yet - first of all the game hasn't started and second you can't invade in the first game and third you don't have 500k troops.

Earth we are going to continue with the system and the map is on the front page.

The maps easy to edit with all the dots already there.

OMG GOONSTALF'S HERE, PLEASE JOIN GOON!!!!

[Falador tavern]

oh shut up, dungeon. you're whining. and being a greifer.

EDIT: may i ask why i am not included on the list of countries, edel?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

this hegemony sucks

no really, it does. i want archi back

You don't have to play if you don't want to and the game hasn't even started yet.

Earth, i'm not sure (Wait, your Ierland) sorry i'll add you.

[Falador tavern]

np. didnt make a huge psot like troll did to introduce himself.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

oh shut up, dungeon. you're whining. and being a greifer.

EDIT: may i ask why i am not included on the list of countries, edel?

Learn what a griefer is please.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Greifer-my definition-: a person who blocks shots, who constantly annoys (i am guilty of this) and is a causer of lots of deaths on his own team. in forum games such as this, posts alot of negativitey, and generally is a [bleep].

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I'll take Norway.

Okey Dokey.

And Goon, please come back.... Please Please Noooooooooo!

Can we stop whining please, just see how it turns out ok - no more discussion.

[Falador tavern]