The Tip.It Hegemony v4

Iconic

A crowd of over 10 million, stretched as far the eye can see, gathers in Beijing. Over a billion more are gathered in similar celebrations throughout the rest of the country. A single man walks out into the centre of the famous square. He speaks nothing, but bangs a gong, silencing the crowd. As the ringing comes to an end, seven men are walked out of an armoured truck, accompanied by seven soldiers, their bullpups slung over their shoulders.The gong is rung again, and the seven men crumple to the ground. The crowd goes wild as the former communist party leaders are dragged away into the back of an ambulance. Nearly ten minutes later, as the crowd begins to silence, another armored truck arrives. A man, recognized by many as Wen Jiabao, premier of China, is dragged out of the truck by two soldiers and thrown up against a makeshift wall. One of the soldiers hands the man a golden desert eagle, engraved with Chinese writing and a dragon. The man draws the pistol, [roosters] it, and fires one .50 AE round into the premier's head from point-blank range. The back of the premier's skull explodes, sending blood and brain matter flying against the wall. The crowd looses control, cheering and yelling for a good hour before the man walks up to the podium and begins to speak. This man is the new ruler of the glorious empire of China.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

20 years into exoskeletons

10 years into Advanced targeting

10 years into railguns

Germany begins research into Superconducters and capacitors.

[ditto] Jumpjets

[ditto] lasers

[ditto] Monomolecular filament

[ditto] black hole generators

Sort of busy right now, so it isn't in much detail.

2Xeo5.png

the small island nation of ireland, having finally breaking away from british influence over its politics, goes somewhat back to its roots of beer swiging, brawling, and potatoe farming forebearers. but, with technology gained from the breaking away from britain, they can do all of these things with a bit more power.. especially the beer.

the research continues (if even required) on those things i named before, and the nation of ireland begins to research a better fishing vessel/warship.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Ross we only have 1 billion, you can't even afford that O-o, even if you didn't spend your money on anything else

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

[ditto] Monomolecular filament

Could I buy when you've finished.

[ditto] black hole generators

Bloody Hell, those are surely impossible and classed as 'overpowered' and too overpowered for this thread, what does everyone else think.

I'm willing to raise the bar to 10 billion but everyone needs to redo their finances and stuff so I think its too much. Who wants me to change the 1 billion to 10 billion?

[Falador tavern]

I sure as hell do :D

Also is the budget updated per year or per decade?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I did say per five years but i'm willing to change.

And if I get more consent we all get 10 bil (don't worry, you will gain a lot more by simply playing)

[Falador tavern]

Secession: A replacement for peaceful annexation. Basically you are trying to convince the government of a region of a country, or the people, to join your country. This can be done through a variety of ways, which are really limited only by your creativity. A few examples would be appealing to a common religious ground, promoting a different style of government (and convincing the poor that they can get a better life), or really anything.

The only problem is that the more visible and generally more effective forms of convincing a region to secede will be noticed by the country owning the region, which may cause them to retaliate, either with their own attempt at making your regions secede, quelling the uprising with troops, or attacking you. You can attempt to convince entire regions (with several cities) to secede, but those attempts are far less likely to succeed.

Good idea?

I also propose that an economy grows slower (using a different formula) after reaching 100 billion budget, and then further up the scale. Otherwise we'd have huge inflation within a few years.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Okay then, 40 years into spaceships, if that magically makes it cheaper...

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Why are we playing with 10 billion? I know we'll gain stuff soon, but that's just stupid. Oh boy, I can afford a boat and a half and nothing else. For the 40 year's of research thing, I just kind of wanted to give everyone sort of a specialty, but maybe it could be re-done...

And no offense to edel, but I would really rather play this game with a mod that's actually played Hegemony or been involved throughout.

Considering all previous budgets have generally been measured in trillions, with no one really complaining it was too much (though it was of course excessive at the end of V2)

Here's my idea for the thread:

Firstly, a breakdown of the economic system:

Infrastructure, Economy, Gross. IEG.

Infrastructure: Similar to last game, there are a few ways to increase it.

1) Invest a fraction of your budget into infrastructure, 100%= 1 gain

2) Various wonders

3) Building cities, if you spent 1 trillion on cities, it would give you the same infrastructure gain as if you'd put 500b into infrastructure normally

4) Aid missions (maybe)

Same as last time, each infrastructure level is the amount you increase per decade, so at five infra, you go up by 5% each decade.

Economy:

The counterpart to economy. How to increase:

1) Have access to trade routes (will be clearly labeled on the map, and there will only be a few). At the start, everyone has access, but not having access can lower your economy

2) Invest into trade goods.

How it can be lowered:

1): Being blockaded, embargoed.

2) Putting an embargo on someone lowers your economy, as well as theirs

3) Random events

4) Losing trade routes.

5) Buying large amounts of stuff from another player. Buying a 1 trillion dollar space ship from someone else would lower your economy a decent amount.

Gross:

Everyone starts equal, at 1 trillion.

Economy gives twice as much gain as infrastructure, so if you had an economy of 5, you'd grow by 10% per decade.

So, an example country:

Gross of 1 trillion, Infrastructure of 5, Economy of 2.

+5% from infra, +4%from Economy, increases to 1.09 trillion.

Example 2:

Economy of .5, Infrastructure of 5

-10% from Economy, +5% from infrastructure,

Decreases to .95 trillion.

War is handled the usual way, including troop bonuses and all.

No peaceful annexation, though it wasn't really a big problem last game.

After a military annexation, you must keep troops stationed there for a minimum of 10 years, and if someone invades that country during that time, the people may revolt and join attackers.

For now, no space. At all. Other than satellite.

Superweapons are the same as last game.

All this is pretty simple if you played last game.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The reason I gave such a simple system was so people could work things out themselves, any other gimmicks can be added later.

[Falador tavern]

I'll play any system.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

It's taking a step backwards it seems. The research system from the last game was the only way to compare research values, see who has better lasers for example, otherwise its just everyone throwing up links to posts where they briefly mentioned a project name which may or may not have been about lasers 100 days before.

I don't really think we should have this based on cities. It's gonna mean that for bigger countries they just have like 5 cities spread over a huge area that's impossible to defend.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It's taking a step backwards it seems. The research system from the last game was the only way to compare research values, see who has better lasers for example, otherwise its just everyone throwing up links to posts where they briefly mentioned a project name which may or may not have been about lasers 100 days before.

I don't really think we should have this based on cities. It's gonna mean that for bigger countries they just have like 5 cities spread over a huge area that's impossible to defend.

Its taking a step backward for the better, we are not using impossibly complex systems that ruin the casual aspect of the game and it doesn't really matter how good a system is, no matter how realistic, no matter how it fits all eventualitys because nothing beats simplicity.

Also in the first and second hegemony people bothered to say Lasers 38/60 every day or other day, it seems that you all stopped in the last hegemony - PLEASE NOTE I WANT EVERYONE TO DO THIS, IT'LL MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER.

Edit: And apart from mounted weapons I think that units such as tanks or planes should not be based on how long you spend researching it but on the better design.

I still haven't found a site which will allow me to upload the map (its 30mb) but if you look at it you'll see why the city system will work so well.

[Falador tavern]

localhostr.. imageshack... imgur.. tinypic.. dropbox

I've tried

1. Imgboot
  2. Imgshack

and they both don't work

I've tried photobucket but that made the image smaller

I'll try the rest imgur, that seems to be unlimited.

[Falador tavern]