The Tip.It Hegemony v4

Iconic

"This is where we fight! This is where they die!"

—King Leonidas

Good day and welcome to the fourth installment of the hegemony, i'm going to list the basic stuff first.

• Everybody is allowed to claim their own countrys.
  • Everybody starts equal.
  • No battle (even on NPC countrys) for the first year.
  • The moderators job is to give the ok to annexation or work out battles, they can't make descisions as if they are more important then the rest of the players; things are decided by popular vote.
  • Fallout and Globalwarming don't exist

Budget

Budget is worked out using a combination of infastructure and your number of citys.

Everyone starts with £1,000,000,000 (one billion) and if they wish to increase it they can either choose to put a percentage of their budget into it or gather more citys.

If the original figure is named A, the infrastructure is B and their number of citys is C the sum is ABC in mathmatical terms.

Combat

Combat is decided by the moderator by use of ratio's however they can change the results if a person has a good battle plan.

I also am going to decide how powerful units are by the better design not the longer time spent on them.

Annexation

Annexation must be allowed by a moderator, they will work out a suitible price at the time.

Research

Research is done in the system of the last three hegemonys bar the last one, if a project would take ten years it would be written as 1/10 and then progress over time, you must fund money into it.

If you wish to research a biological or chemical weapon it will take half the time that you researched for the enemy to find a cure for it.

Anything else

Archi - Switzerland

Rocco - India

Edel - UK

Dusty - Portugal

Dungeon - Russia

Icu - Japan

Ross - Germany

Grimdeath - France

snubbe - Columbia

Earth - Ireland

Mather - Norway

[spoiler=Map]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8586/mapk.pngmapk.png

[Falador tavern]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww I wanted to mod my system :(, oh well I guess I can do it next time after this one, if I feel like it after this one ends.

Anyway, I claim Japan.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Ok, I can't add you to the map (as with anyone else) until we get a map and apparently the one used in the past hegemony was too 'cartoonish'. Anyway this one will be a lot more fun, with the fourty years of free research. If i'm modding could I still play, I don't mean mod myself but could I do a sort of 'I mod everyone and everyone mods me?' system.

I'm spreading out my fourty years of free research into four seperate projects, my first project is military modernisation and this will consume five years, my second project is Exosuits/Hal which will take twenty years, ten years on a sort of recogniser technology which i'll explain more about later and finally twenty years into nanotechnology which means that I have a bit extra then I bargined for so i'm going to have to spend 15 more years on nanotechnology.

Nanotech 1/15, 30% budget per year

20% into raising a British Elite Guard of 5,000 men but also creating a home guard which will consist of 15,000 men who are all using various weapons including pots, pans, metal poles, crossbows, makeshift zip guns, flamethrowers and other stuff. They are fitted with ballistics armour and a grant of money,

The rest of the money is put into infrastructure.

[Falador tavern]

1,) Ok, i'll change you to India, I didn't think population would have any impact on this game (apart from military implications). I'm sorry for putting you as the wrong country.

2) Ok, we can have off topic garbage but none on the front page, i'm afraid it would taint the whole thread, if anyone is going to argue about the thread and what I should've included please do it in the hegemony argument thread.

[Falador tavern]

Guess I'll go with Germany.

I'll work the rest of the stuff out in a little while.

Right when I was about to post that :P

EDIT: Re-read the rules again! Malaysia [bleep] YEAH!

LNYvk.png

Ill take Columbia, if this thread gets going I will post my research.

And I dont think anythings wrong with the old map, heres a link to it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/b/b4/20100202010441%21A_large_blank_world_map_with_oceans_marked_in_blue.gif

If a majority doesnt like it we can take another, it might be good to use in the meantime.

namnlskopia.jpg

I would be interested in being the moderator, if that was acceptable with everyone, since I don't think I would be playing this round.

My principle is basically that NPC countries will defend themselves appropriately, and that each country will act mostly individually. Also, if you primarily use military means against a country, then the only effect they will generally have on you is military. Propaganda, spying, etc will generally only work on NPC countries. NPC will each start with 20 years of tech and move up normally.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I put 30 years of my 40 years into space technology, this is so I can fly across our solar system without any harm, actually create spaceships that can colonise, mine, attack, and bombard

5 years into lasers and 5 years into biodomes technology.

50% of budget goes into creating a ship and a biodome to colonise the Moon or Mars.

the next 40% goes into creating a navy of 10 destroyers, 5 battleships and 10 submarines, it will probably take two decades, maybe one, what do you say moderator?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

meh. can i take ireland?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Wow, i'm happy with the response this has gotten :^_^:

Can I just verifiy that everyones ok with the 'I mod you and you mod me' system which means that I can still play and mod everyone else unless they're in a battle with me, I don't plan on making alliances so I don't really think it'll be much hassle.

Dungeoneal, you can't spend it into something that is not a technology - it needs to be something more tangible.

I need to get to work updating the map then, in this map they're will be much more citys.

EDIT: Retech, I think it would be good for you to be a mod but don't change the game too much, a mods job is just sorting out combat and giving the ok to annexation, if you simply want to play as NPC countrys in which your not really tied down thats not really a good reason but yes, if we are happy with Retech modding your good to go.

Sorry if I forgot to mention this but if you want to spy on a country you have to PM the mod and then based on how good your spy project is you will get more information of the people (E.G secret projects and such)

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BILLION PEOPLE I know you can have all your tech for free but I think all the stuff your making is a bit generous for one billion.

And Earthsage yes you can.

Earth, yes you can but you are right next to me and i'm in the mood for recreating Great Britain.

[Falador tavern]

Oh, Edelweiss is mod.

In that case, I guess I'll take Australia.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

dungeonal, that wont go... yu cannot do this, as it would be a total unfair advantage.. anyways, i spend 10 years of research into mutating animal life, another 20 on modernizing medival weapons systems to be effective in modern warfare, and the last 10 years on agriculture improvements.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Edel, I was simply making suggestions to fill in the gaps in the rules that you had. Also, I was saying that I would play for the NPC country when it was attacked by a player.

30 years is what it was last time, infact is was only 25 years for Grim.

Okay, only 5 years into space program, cause I realise a space ship will cost atleast like 100 billion, but I want to be ahead in that field without going to behind right now

And I take away my 5 years of biodome research.

Edel, you know your tech you bought adds up to 60, right?

Anyway, my new research list is

5 - Lasers

5 - Navy improvements (Basically means my ships have a better ratio)

5 - Space program

20 - Exosuits

5 - Car improvemts (Economy)

With the new car technology that Honda and Toyota bring to the market, and motor vehicles being one of Japans leading exports, we hope to see the economy for Japan surge as these new car models greatly outclass any model currently available in other car brand.

Anyway, budgets...

50% Navy ship construction

10% Exosuit construction

30% Market expansion

10% Infrastructure

Unless were going by the system of, as long as we can afford the troops, they magically appear.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Ugh, Dungeonal tainted the first post :P

Btw, doing he map now, i'm sorting out a sort of new system for countrys.

First person to name an number between 1 and 10 makes a big descision to the game.

[Falador tavern]

8 is my lucky number.

Also, Dungeonal, you can probably research that machine, but building it would probably be out of the question...

Like I could research space, but getting there is out of the question due to the cost of a spaceship and out budgets.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

meh, my research doesnt mean that the research is completley done.. it may only be a fraction of what is actually required for the techs.. be that as it may, the beginning 40 year research period is spent as such:

10 years: plant and animal mutative technology.

20 years: modernizasion of old medival weaponry for effectiveness

10 years: agriculture improvements, to allow a lack of food shortages.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

:P

Anyways my write up shall be:

10 years of military improvement

10 years of particle weaponry (essentially like lasers except they cannot be deflected by mirrors and can carry a charge)

5 years of exosuits

15 years of hydrogen fuel cells

LNYvk.png