Hegemony Mk 6

archimage_a

Sere's Hegemony worked fine up until people started to crash it with global warming(me) thermobaric weapons(Rocco) and bioweapons(Retech).

So....

Rules are thus:

If a problem occurs you have 2 days to solve it between yourselves.

If you cannot solve it then a person from the list will solve it and you will accept their decision.

(If you are one of the people with a problem, your name will be skipped on the list)

Everything else in permitted on the understanding that we are all reasonable people.

List of Arbitors:

Archimage

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Nah, proper topic.

Rather than messing around with system right from the off, it lets everyone play their own way. If someone does something 'unreasonable' then someone can challange them and if neither side backs down it can be settled.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

therres also hedgemedivel to be reckoned with...

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Ok great Ross, I think the actual Tip.It Hegemony (The first one) seemed really fun and I know some of the systems were a bit lax but what I liked about it was the fact that everyone was equal, gameplay systems were lax and easy to understand and mainly the creativity everyone put into it. I just wish I was around to play it, if we were to ever start it again I think we would need to fix a couple of problems but keep it moderatorless to a certain point.

I know that people would abuse the system now due to everyone talking about what they could've done to beat the system but at the time it seemed all of you just wanted a fair and realistic game of hegemony, all the other games that i've witnessed are imitations of the hegemony and to be honest I don't really think I like them.

In short, basically - I wish I could go back in time and play it with you, it just seems so much more fun then all the imitation versions at the moment. I would've started up a thread just like to original hegemony but I feared that due to the way you regard it in the hegemony argument thread I would get flamed at.

If we were to do a hegemony based on the first one I think we would still need to fix some problems but it would be a lot more fun than any of these reboots or imitations that everyone else has started up.

Personally I think we should retain the following:

2. Sense of equality.
  3. Tech system.
  4. Simplicity and status as a 'casual' game.
  5. Low requirement of mod (don't get me wrong, I agree a mod is neeeded in regards to combat but not for anything else, I think in the last hegemony the mod was given power over descisions and this is not what hegemonys about; see one.)
  6. Effort, no-one seems to bother with giving the status of their tech anymore or posting long detailed posts about what they're doing.
  7. Sense of liquidity, It should flow welll with posts bieng made every day and if someone decides to quit the game should just carry on.

However I think we should have a moderator decide combat and the budget system should not be GDP or IAG it should be a new system in which players can work out with ease and only takes into acount a couple of factors (A bit like my ABC system used in the hegemony v4)

[Falador tavern]

calling Russia

first move is to invade Kazahkstan, Mongolia, and Ukraine

what of it I'm russia mate

research begins into drugs which decrease pregnancvy time thing but with no adverse affects, also drugs which increase the strength of russian soldiers as well as their agility and other stuff, also new tanks and new weapons and space tech and improved farming and how to make snow into gold

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I was Russia last game like this, and let me tell you, they're not as strong as you think...

Anyway, I call China ;)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

When we do this can we actually spend a bit of time on everything; instead of just saying "how about this".

Also, the game must conform the the rules I set above so when we come to make it can no-one spit on it and come up with some stupid system which people will choose because its long, well written and new.

If we use a budget system based on population I choose India.

If we use a budget system based on GDP I choose America.

If we have an equal foot I want to call dibs on Kerguelen Islands and Japan, but I haven't chosen yet.

[Falador tavern]

Can we just set it up to use the IEG thing? And maybe the research system? the research system is just for the sanity of people determining warfare, and does not take away from any creative elements of the game.

That being said, I call Brazil.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Can we just set it up to use the IEG thing? And maybe the research system? the research system is just for the sanity of people determining warfare, and does not take away from any creative elements of the game.

I haven't actually been explained as to what IEG is but I have a hunch its a bit like the IAG system of the last hegemony, if any system is to be used it must be able to be worked out by a player in about thirty seconds otherwise people just won't stand for it, I know I wouldn't. But if it is short and easy for anyone to work out please share it here.

As for the research system I don't see any point at all unless you are to use something such as a laser but anything else (for example a tank, exosuit, gun or robot) should be determined by how good the design is not on how long someone spend on it.

and for someone with OCD the level system would probably make them sick, I know it would make me sick due to the fact that every time I improved a level I would be compelled to list the upgrades or change the picture to something new.

Also, the research system only was needed in the last hegemony as everyone stopped posting the status of their research so I reckon that if they did the mod could work out which laser is more powerful.

[Falador tavern]

I haven't actually been explained as to what IEG is but I have a hunch its a bit like the IAG system of the last hegemony, if any system is to be used it must be able to be worked out by a player in about thirty seconds otherwise people just won't stand for it, I know I wouldn't. But if it is short and easy for anyone to work out please share it here.

As for the research system I don't see any point at all unless you are to use something such as a laser but anything else (for example a tank, exosuit, gun or robot) should be determined by how good the design is not on how long someone spend on it.

and for someone with OCD the level system would probably make them sick, I know it would make me sick due to the fact that every time I improved a level I would be compelled to list the upgrades or change the picture to something new.

Also, the research system only was needed in the last hegemony as everyone stopped posting the status of their research so I reckon that if they did the mod could work out which laser is more powerful.

I've only written out an explanation a good 3 or 4 times now. Go and find it, I've literally posted it in 3 different threads, including your own.

The research system is objective, and it also lets the mod or whomever is dealing with it make sure that research doesn't just turn out like this "We discover X in a crazy breakthrough"

Who's to judge who has a better design? That's really stupid, no offense. I mean, sometimes it's obvious, but in most cases that's very far from the truth. And everytime you went up a level you would be told what the improvements were, in general. You could draw yourself a new picture whenever you wanted.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Sometimes the better design can be judged through examination and comparing with known facts. Say Rocco made a square tank and Dusty a tetrahedral (triangular pyramid), Dusty's would be better because bullets bounce of sloped faces.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Regardless, having the better design does not workfor Hegemony, because who is to say which designs are ingenious and which designs are total flops? As for the square tanks and tetrahedral tank analogy, they would probaly be two different researches.

It only sorta works in Hegemedieval because it's not that hard to gauge whether this pointy weapon would do well in combat compared to this pointy weapon.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.