Jewish woman claims rape.

Moogel

Romy you're confusing the country's policy with the people of the country. A national courthouse represents the country. Racist court rulings in America represented the country's policy. It doesn't mean it represents the people's view, just the state.

But, it does not represent the state's view. Simple as that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romy you're confusing the country's policy with the people of the country. A national courthouse represents the country. Racist court rulings in America represented the country's policy. It doesn't mean it represents the people's view, just the state.

Uh, no. What's the point of laws, courts, and appointed officals if none of those represent a state/government? If it wasn't the case, any teenage girl can make her own nation then?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Say what you want about it being the othercase, women have the upper hand on men in most discrimination, harassment and rape situations.

I agree. Rapes might be underreported, but when it comes down to a woman's word against a man's, who do you think they're most likely going to side with?

It's a poor court case discussion, to think that it has some bearing on Israels view as a whole is bluntly insanity at it's finest. This has nothing to do with Zionism, Israel or whatever.

But the duty of the court is to represent the state. Whether that's really what Israel's general attitude is or not, that's what their court system is exhibiting to us unless they appeal it or something.

Say what you want about it being the othercase, women have the upper hand on men in most discrimination, harassment and rape situations.

I agree. Rapes might be underreported, but when it comes down to a woman's word against a man's, who do you think they're most likely going to side with?

It's a poor court case discussion, to think that it has some bearing on Israels view as a whole is bluntly insanity at it's finest. This has nothing to do with Zionism, Israel or whatever.

But the duty of the court is to represent the state. Whether that's really what Israel's general attitude is or not, that's what their court system is exhibiting to us until they appeal it or something.

Actually, there are symptoms if there was a struggle and if the women was raped or not. I guess I watched a bit too much CSI...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

You suffer from CSI Syndrome - something jurors are regularly warned against.

Often times there is no solid concrete DNA evidence in these cases like you see on CSI.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Uh, no. What's the point of laws, courts, and appointed officals if none of those represent a state/government? If it wasn't the case, any teenage girl can make her own nation then?

I see where this misunderstanding is coming from. What I defined as "represent" is simply a representation of views. Such as Netanyahu's latest speech, for example. You defined it as an authority of the state.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I see where this misunderstanding is coming from. What I defined as "represent" is simply a representation of views. Such as Netanyahu's latest speech, for example. You defined it as an authority of the state.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand what you're saying, but it's still the same thing. The courts of Israel represent the authority of the state of Israel which implies their views. If Court A sentenced Bob into 80 years for theft, Court B can sentence me 80 years for the same crime. Once you set a defining jurisdiction, it is the action the state will take against you. That is their view which is exercised by their authority. It is the responsibility for the state to correct any unjust rulings to "clear their name".

Just keep in mind the government is not one set individual or small group. It's basic human nature to think of 1 leader of the clan, but every single position of power from Presidents to judges, lawmakers and representatives are indeed the government.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The thing is, the decision was based on the Judge's personal interpretation of the law. I don't see how that accounts for the Israeli state as a state.

The thing is, the decision was based on the Judge's personal interpretation of the law. I don't see how that accounts for the Israeli state as a state.

Just like an employee [bleep]s something up, the CEO blames the manager. It was his responsibility to look after the employee. That judge had the responsibility to uphold the law. If anything, this just shows Israel's lack of fair judges rather than Israeli rape views.

siggy3s.jpg

If anything, this just shows Israel's lack of fair judges rather than Israeli rape views.

Using one case as a measuring stick for fairness defies every concept of mathematical statistics and is unrealistic at best. Thats a piss poor sample size to judge fairness. :roll:

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Yep, Tip.It. When you can't find fault in the big picture, let's argue about the signature.

I never said Israel has unfair judges, it just shows.

siggy3s.jpg

And as much as you want to say that "all it takes is DNA evidence," the fact remains that rape is the most underreported crime in the world, probably even in developed countries, and even when it does get reported, conviction rates are quite low.

Not to mention that Male/Male rape is never reported hardly same goes for Females raping males (it can happen) and female/female rape. In the case of a Male raping a female, if it's reported, theres going to be some policework involved and it really does depend on he said / she said and i've seen it work both ways in the USA.

Male rape can and does happen, and it's hardly ever reported, yes indeed. In fact, I see a sickening view amongst many men who say "Man, if I were being raped by a woman, I'd welcome it!" <-- That's the view a lot of men have about woman on man rape.

Example:

http://thecurvature.com/2009/03/20/when-a-man-is-the-victim-a-second-study-in-rape-apology/

Say what you will about "all it takes is this!" and "women change their minds all the time," but it's very underreported, convictions are low, and some women don't even have the knowledge that what happened to them was rape in the first place with this "boys will be boys" mentality plaguing our patriarchal society.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Like, her word is more believable over the man's? That's coming down to a he said/she said without any evidence at hand. I'm just not sure what you're saying exactly without any concrete examples. Almost all cases where it's a "regret rape" like this one are thrown out because it's clearly not rape. If you're talking about those "Men's Rights" organizations, 9 times out of 10 they're nothing more than misogynist front groups.

Take the Ben Roethlisberger case. He didn't get convicted of anything, a mere slap on the wrist if you ask me. And yet, people at ESPN thought it was "too severe" or "just right." The man should have been disgraced from the entire organization, not some puny little suspension.

You mentioned sports, so I was reminded of this. People came flaring to his defense, calling the woman a gold digger and such. This was without a doubt sexual assault, and it was taken rather lightly.

As to the Israel thing, I wasn't saying that this is Israel's fault; this is just a stupid judge and I would hope that with an appeal,

It sure doesn't look like that.

Sorry? My original post said "Racist Zionism...what else needs to be said?"

How can that be taken as, "The state of Israel must pay for this callous decision!!!" It was a decision made by a judge who would not have made the same decision if things were turned around. The judicial system in America is piss poor when it comes to race as well, as minorities get the bad end of the stick (especially with the death penalty); in fact, that's my third most important political issue here in the states (first being health care and the second being climate change).

However, the Zionist mentality that is seen throughout the society and embraced by the government is at fault, just as was the mentality throughout most of America until the 1950's when it was reversed. It's kind of like blaming Fox News over that recent shooting involving the Tides Foundation. No one is directly at fault other than this man:

Holy crap did you seriously just bring the biggest joke of a new-station into a rape argument for some sort of justification of Zionism?

For the sake of comparison, yes. I won't try expounding if you didn't understand the comparison in the first place, though.

The same thing could of happened in any other country, the Media is simply playing the race for sensationalism hoping to stir antisemitic angst.

I am unaware of any law in the West that treats racial or religious deception as the equivalent of rape that requires incarceration. I am unaware of any prosecution of Israeli Jews for rape posing as Arabs in order to get laid (if someone has such evidence, please let me know).

The same thing could have happened in any other country of a supposed liberal democracy, but that list is quite absent and dwindling--dwindling down to zero. I posited a situation that was somewhat close to this that DID receive a conviction, and it was indeed rape (for more reasons than one). Any other examples have been thrown away, thrown out, and some countries even have penalties.

I said that lol, although I don't know how it has nothing to do with Zionism or racism:

This really has nothing to do with Israel other than the mentality that some Israelis share with the government: Jewish heritage is supreme and must stay that way.

This judge shares that view with the current Likud government. I don't believe that this is official state policy (otherwise you'd never have any convictions of Jews who commit crimes against Arabs), but it is official government mentality.

If anything, this just shows Israel's lack of fair judges rather than Israeli rape views.

Using one case as a measuring stick for fairness defies every concept of mathematical statistics and is unrealistic at best. Thats a piss poor sample size to judge fairness. :roll:

I agree completely, which is why I would appeal the case if I were this guy. I don't see how the conviction stands as is with another judge.

This is going a bit off topic but well..

To Matok, the lovely extreme Zionist,

Yep, that's exactly me, like Yossi Sarid,Peres and Rabin, we are all zionist my friend.

I know there are Arabs who are Israeli judges,

and i wonder if there were any jew judges in any muslim country ...ever..

Regardless of Arab ethnicity, or any other ethnicity for that matter, when you are a judge of a country you are representing their policy.

[cabbage], you represent the moral ground on which you were grown up on ,the culture you grew up in (and ofcourse the official laws of the country)

You're extremely dull because you thought if you told me there was an Arab who's an Israeli Supreme Court Justice that would somehow make me stick my feet in my mouth.

first thanks. second, ...frankly yes. and you should have closed it there.

Unlike you I don't find a particular race supreme, all races are filled with the incompetent and the interest motivated.

what do you know, i see people exactly the same.realy.

and to magekillr

The reason that this judge agreed with her is because he is a racist.

see my answer below

Had an Arab brought this case before the judge, I guarantee that there would nothing to see, and he would have rightfully thrown it out; if I were this man I would appeal the case.

I agree with you

This really has nothing to do with Israel other than the mentality that some Israelis share with the government:

Agree,Racism is everywhere, we are no better then the others,There is even inter-racism among jews,

But in this case in this far more deep then just racism.

it's hatred and fear, territorial, cultural and religion conflicts,past and present, that made that stupid judge decision.

let me tell you this: if it was a sweedish/british/American/ any other western country boy, i am not sure this case would have even make it to the israeli court.

And BTW, i see Zionism as the right of the jew poeple to live freely in their homeland, nothing more.

I dont remember seeing any racism in the israeli declarion of independence.

Male rape can and does happen, and it's hardly ever reported, yes indeed. In fact, I see a sickening view amongst many men who say "Man, if I were being raped by a woman, I'd welcome it!" <-- That's the view a lot of men have about woman on man rape.

Too true, and to be honest I would say if most men were raped by a woman, they wouldn't report it for fear of humility and embarrassment. I think the only people who would welcome rape from a woman are desperate virgins who don't realize that they probably would be the ones being penetrated. Heh.

Here's some fun stats on Rape from america, probably old and dated a bit, but relevant

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-offenders

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/frequency-of-sexual-assault

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Like, her word is more believable over the man's?
Women make more noise, have more groups to rally behind and can play victim a hell of alot easier.

According to a recent Louis and Harris Poll 41% of men who said they were harassed claimed the harasser was another man while 100% of women claimed the harasser was a man. simply put - Harassment that goes un-actioned can lead to lawsuits - Lawsuits are bad - it's easier for most companies to fire/discipline the male (Especially in states like NC where you can be fired at anytime for any reason) than deal with the he said she said bull that will go down in the courtroom. I've seen harassment cases unfold and the male always got screwed. It really varies state to state but most harassment policies are zero tolerance.

Almost all cases where it's a "regret rape" like this one are thrown out because it's clearly not rape
Regret rape is common and CAN Backfire

a girl said she was raped in high school bathroom. After defectives confronted her with discrepancies in her story, she admitted to making it up. She was arrested and sentenced to six to nine months of probation.

Also in March, a 14-year-old girl in Illinois--who had accused a 13-year-old boy of raping her, landing him in a juvenile detention center for three months--admitted to police that the sex had been consensual. She was arrested and sentenced to a year of probation.

In February 2005, an Indiana University sophomore said she'd been raped in an IU bathroom. When she later admitted it wasn't true, she was sentenced to a year of probation and suspended from the university for 60 days.

FBI statistics show that about 9 percent of rape reports are ‘unfounded’ - and while Regret rape's don't always mean Jail time - take a look at the Duke Lacross Scandal - Those guys had thier social lifes destroyed, families reputations were ruined and all of them i believed pretty much had to move 10+ hours away. Regret rape accusations still damage people, But they *can* happen

Awhile back at Hofstra a woman said she was lured into a bathroom, tied to a toliet and gang-raped by 5 men - They went to jail - were criminally charged - but it turned out later that one of them was able to produce a tape later that showed it was consensual. So yeah, Cases of false rape happen often - especially on college campus's.

Take the Ben Roethlisberger case. He didn't get convicted of anything, a mere slap on the wrist if you ask me.
Since he was not criminally convicted, I believe his punishment was fair.

Sorry? My original post said "Racist Zionism...what else needs to be said?"

Again, it's one bloody court case, we do not have all of the facts of the case, circumstances or evidence. Tossing in the race just seems to make it a sensationalist news piece for a country people all too easily love to hate. A legal precedent was set in Israel classifying sex by deception as rape was set by the Supreme Court in a 2008 conviction of a man who posed as a government official and persuaded women to have sex with him by promising them state benefits. It's a hardass determination of the law - The guy was also married and played single, total sleeze.

For the sake of comparison, yes.

I just don't see how thats a close comparison. You seem to infer fox incited the guy to kill people? McCollum et. al. v. CBS, Inc., et. al. tried that over ozzy osbourne's suicide solution song when a kid killed himself, I think fox would fall under the same classification as ozzy and Fox is far from fair and balanced.

I am unaware of any law in the West that treats racial or religious deception as the equivalent of rape that requires incarceration
The best US Counterpart I can think of without spending hours researching is if you have sex with someone and do not inform them you have HIV (a few others now?) - it's a felony with reckless intent and endangerment and i believe the last time a woman got aid's from a man who did not tell her - it was considered Rape. Go to Israel where you can't buy a cheeseburger and they have strict laws on men being circumsized, food and depending on how you roll, it can bring disgrace to your family. The court reasoned.

"If she hadn’t thought the accused was a Jewish bachelor interested in a serious romantic relationship, she would not have co-operated," I agree with that

According to numerous news sites several other men have been convicted of "rape by deception" since that ruling in Israel, but as those cases are not on lexus-nexus and I don't speak hebrew, i'm going to hope Romy or Matok may have some examples, This one made the news - because of race

A man in the United States was convicted in 2007 of impersonating his brother in order to have sex with his girlfriend. That conviction was overturned on appeal, though, after an appellate court ruled that rape laws apply only to non-consensual sex.

Asides, consider the country .

A poll conducted in 2007 by Israel's Geocartography Institute found that more than 50 per cent of Israeli Jews thought marrying an Arab was "equal to national treason". Jews are ALSO legally forbidden to intermarry in Israel. So interracial sex? I can see *why* thats an issue over there even if I don't agree with it. I believe the current laws would prevent a White, Christian American from marrying a Jewish girl - Doesn't just apply to Palestinians

Racism is ugly, It exists with Black on Black Racism, White/Black/Hispanic interchangeably and even White on White. Certain types of jew's don't like how others are less serious I believe and certain types of Muslims get pissed off at others as well. Ethnic Cleansings in Africa are old hat

The only reason this made the news was 1) slow news day and 2) Controversy on race sells, israel isn't the only country with racism issues, America has some as well (wheres the OT topic for Shirley Sherrod? Let's be fair discuss all racism cases in the news. )

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

idk if this has already been posted, but if she was paying attention she shoulda known if he was Jewish.... ;)

And: i lold

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

idk if this has already been posted, but if she was paying attention she shoulda known if he was Jewish.... ;)

And: i lold

Arab Christians and Muslims are circumcised as well.

Edit: @Kinggabe I guess you believe Albania, Kosovo and Serbia are without fault then :P

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Here is some further information on the story:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/07/rape-by-deception-ctd.html#more

A point which is rarely mentioned in the coverage of the "rape by deception" case - either by Israeli or foreign media - is that the case started out as a regular rape case. The woman claimed she was forcibly raped by Kashour. Once on the stand, however, the defense demolished her story and she admitted she lied and that they had consensual sex. She admitted that after learning Kashour lied to her, she felt humiliated and went to the police. It was at that point the prosecution came up with the plea bargain. A normal court would have just acquitted Kashour, but this court decided to convict.

Several further points:

1. If the woman had told the true story to the police in the first place, there would have been no trial, not to mention any conviction.

2. Kashour has no earlier convictions. In another "rape by deception"" case, which involved a lesbian masquerading as a man in order to have sex with women, she received only six months of suspended sentence. Kashour got 18 months of incarceration.

3. One of the three judges is Moshe Drori, who was embroiled in a scandal last year, when he refused to convict a very well connected yeshiva boy who admitted - and was filmed - running over a security guard with his vehicle. The security guard was an Ethiopian woman. Drori, a Jewish Orthodox, forced the guard to accept the apology of the yeshiva boy, and then invoked a judgment by 12th century scholar Maimonides (I [cabbage] you not), which says once an apology is accepted by the victim, the case is closed. And he closed the case. He is apparently a Maimonidas affectionado. The case was overturned in the Supreme Court, and this schtick cost Drori his chance at becoming a Supreme Court justice. Let's say that a non-Jew masquerading as a Jew won't stand much of a chance in the court of Judge Drori.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I don't get the first paragraph. First it says that it started as a regular rape case, and then that she admitted it's a lie?

Yes, so then the prosecution changed it to rape by deception - part of a "plea bargain" - I'm not familiar with criminal procedure. But the essential point is that she obviously felt humiliated and probably stupid, and wanted to get revenge any way she could.

I hope that there's some way to counter-sue her for making up the initial charges (as well as getting this 'rape by deception' thing reversed).

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I think it serves him right a little bit because he has a wife and children, why is he looking for sex elsewhere in the first place?

But yeah, I don't think it was rape for all the reasons everyone else has said.

The woman is stupid too. She meets a guy, has a discussion for 20 minutes and then goes to sleep with him?

It's her fault too.

Sentence definitely wasn't fair but what can you do?