The Rising of the Undead

Jehosaphat

"It was a dark and stormy night. The vampire, cautious of his surroundings, slowly snuck towards the shed... and entered. Inside the shed was a motley group of humans, shivering in the cold.

"Come vith me, you pitiful dogs." the vampire hissed.

As the humans slowly filed out of the shed, they wondered as to which hideous beast would devour them Little did they know they were to be The Ones - those who would lead the beasts in battle, instruct them in survival, and witness.... THE RISING OF THE UNDEAD.

The game may seem complex, but is rather simple once you get the hang of it. Going with the Hegemony-type scale of 1 day IRL = 1 year ingame.

Types of Units:

[hide=Template]

Intelligence:

Infectious:

Vulnerability:

Mobility:

Description

Extra Attributes: 0% towards X in Y circumstance

[/hide]

[hide=Vampire]

Intelligence: 3

Infectious: 2

Vulnerability: 1

Mobility: 2

Consumption Rate: 100 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

50% chance of +1 infectious and -2 mobility in certain areas

10% chance of +3 mobility in certain areas

[/hide]

[hide=Zombie]

Intelligence: 1

Infectious: 3

Vulnerability: 2

Mobility: 1

Consumption Rate: 50 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

5% chance of a guaranteed loss in battle in certain areas

10% chance of turning a city to Ravaged, and all corpses in the city becoming Zombies of various tiers

25% chance of ignoring orders and doing something blatantly random

[/hide]

[hide=Mummies]

Intelligence: 2

Infectious: 1

Vulnerability: 3

Consumption Rate: 150 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

10% chance of turning any city directly to Ravaged, leaving only 50% of the corpses

50% chance of instant victory in certain areas

25% chance of not moving at all that year

[/hide]

[hide=Humans]

Production Rate: 50 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

50% chance of rebellion and taking back a city, chance lowered dependent on units inside the city

Cannot fight for you

Can be used to build bridges and cities, time used in this dependant on tier and amount of humans used

Provide 100 * 1.1 * tier amount of corpses when slaughtered.

Only way for Human tier to increase is with time; .1 per year.

[/hide]

The higher the number, the better the unit is at that type of task. For example, vampires would be better for a tactical attack on a city than zombies. However, zombies would be better if you just wanted a city wiped off the map.

Extra unit types may be researched, at the cost of 50 corpses per 1% chance of creating a new type of unit.

Units may be upgraded to different "tiers." A tier upgrade will cost corpses, though, and you must PM the mod if you wish to upgrade.

Each city has one of 3 statuses: Ravaged, Enslaved, or Bountiful.

Ravaged is a city that was essentially exterminated. It serves no purpose other than to be there for possible fortification.

Enslaved is a city that was taken over by the undead, but is still populated by human slaves. Dependent on the city, it can increase in human population by 2-3% per year.

Bountiful is a city that has not yet been touched by the undead hordes. The human population there is unknown to the undead, but it increases 5% every year.

Corpses are the base unit of currency in this game. They're used for everything from creating new units to feeding current ones. If you run out of corpses, you have essentially lost. Don't run out of corpses.

There are 3 ways to acquire corpses:

1. Invading a city and being victorious.

2. Butchering some humans.

3. Having a monster unit die, whether or in combat or by starvation, will always reward you with 10 corpses.

Similarly, there are 3 rules about corpses:

1. Your corpse supply will decay by 10% each year.

2. The main corpse stockpile is in your capital city.

3. You cannot ship corpses over or through territory owned by someone else. Alliance or not.

Everyone starts out in a city of their choice with 10 tier 1 units of their choice and 1000 corpses. The units can be sent to various cities across the map in order to conquer them and bend the humans to your will. When you wish to invade a city, you have to either post your plans here or PM them to me.

City invasion plans must include:

What type of assault it will be (tactics used would be appreciated)

How you intend to leave the city if you are victorious in capturing it

What percentage of the city's population you wish to turn into corpses

100 corpses can be turned into 1 t1 unit of any type, excluding humans.

There will be NPC nations and cities, and they will try to eradicate you all. Just a warning.

I intend to mod this game for however long I can, and will do what I can to work out any kinks that come up.

The Map:

mapofdoom.png

a70c7.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"OMG Edward Cullen."

:lol:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

YEAH! necromancy for the win! hah, ima love this game.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

basically you need to micro manage your supplies, but the fighting is basically tactics, correct?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

basically you need to micro manage your supplies, but the fighting is basically tactics, correct?

The fighting.... will be partially tactics, partially luck, and partially a bunch of equations on my part to figure out the outcome.

But yes, you need to micromanage your units, your supplies... and most importantly, your land. Nothing would suck more than getting a tier 10 vampire unit cut off from your capital and starved to death.

a70c7.png

soul masters is sooo effing tempermental. (random stuff about a game i play.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

earthsage, can we please not go off topic especially if we are talking about games that no-ones heard about. It has nothing to do with the discussion at all.

I'd like to play, its a great game.

Do Ravaged citys pose a problem to the player if they are your own zombies?

[Falador tavern]

earthsage, can we please not go off topic especially if we are talking about games that no-ones heard about. It has nothing to do with the discussion at all.

I'd like to play, its a great game.

Do Ravaged citys pose a problem to the player if they are your own zombies?

....I don't understand the question.

A Ravaged city is a city that has been entirely converted to corpses/undead, and is no longer fit for normal human habitation.

The Zombie's special chance effect may turn a city you are invading into a Ravaged city, with all the corpses that would have been obtained from that city becoming a bunch of Zombies.

And sorry guys, I'm still working on the map. Being interrupted every 30 minutes by IRL is not helping.

a70c7.png

good point. and i was agravated because every 5 seconds into a mission i lost connection. it pissed me off.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Irrelevant, Earth. Stop doing posting things like that, unless it's in The Back Room.

This sounds awesome, especially because I've spent the last hour reading 102 pages of a zombie apocalypse novel.

I am sooo looking forward to playing this.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Gah! Attack of the Hide Tags, guess I'll sit this one out AS WELL -_-

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Types of Units:

Template

Intelligence:

Infectious:

Vulnerability:

Mobility:

Description

Extra Attributes: 0% towards X in Y circumstance

Vampire

Intelligence: 3

Infectious: 2

Consumption Rate: 100 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

50% chance of +1 infectious and -2 mobility in certain areas

10% chance of +3 mobility in certain areas

Zombie

Infectious: 3

Vulnerability: 2

Consumption Rate: 50 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

5% chance of a guaranteed loss in battle in certain areas

10% chance of turning a city to Ravaged, and all corpses in the city becoming Zombies of various tiers

25% chance of ignoring orders and doing something blatantly random

Mummy

Intelligence: 2

Vulnerability: 3

Consumption Rate: 150 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

10% chance of turning any city directly to Ravaged, leaving only 50% of the corpses

50% chance of instant victory in certain areas

25% chance of not moving at all that year

Human

Production Rate: 50 corpses/year

Extra Attributes:

50% chance of rebellion and taking back a city, chance lowered dependent on units inside the city

Cannot fight

Here you go Fura. :)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So I got lazy making the map.... and made a cruddy one in Paint.

Oh, and I'm adding another function to the Human population. They can build bridges and/or cities now, if they have a high enough population.

Oh. And everyone playing needs to choose a color besides red or light blue.

a70c7.png

green be me.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Black :D.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I pick the island with three cities on it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

tewo islands witht hat description. i pick the island with 2 cities on it, left side.. and i chose, for my first units i get 5 camps, 2 zombs, and 3 mummies.. i send 2 vamps to figure out the defenses on the eastern city. (i chose the western city for my capital)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I mean any city on that island, I'm not picky. Uhhh let me see the leftmost one.

I begin with 3 Humans, 4 Vampires, 2 mummies and 1 zombie.

I send two vampires to one of the cities on the island, lets say the northern most city, and I ask him to put in a pair of denchers if he is one of the type of vampires that only real noticeable feature is their teeth. He will be sent as a tourist from the neighboring city not controlled by me and he will check the population of the city and the general military strength, as well as a map of the city with fortifications.

I send another two vampires to do it to the other city, same tactic.

Btw, when I mean map you don't need to actually make one, just describe it to me.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

tewo islands witht hat description. i pick the island with 2 cities on it, left side.. and i chose, for my first units i get 5 camps, 2 zombs, and 3 mummies.. i send 2 vamps to figure out the defenses on the eastern city. (i chose the western city for my capital)

I'm not running this session-style, lol. It's 1 day IRL = 1 year ingame. And travel between those two cities would take about a year, so you may want to just invade.

And you might want to pick a couple of human units. Since they're edible.

And Icu, your capital is now on the map which I'm not uploading until everyone gets their actions put in.

a70c7.png

... hmm.. i replace my zombies and mummies with humans then. and i cant invade, can i?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]