Dungeoneering Key Tool

I spent a few hours yesterday making a dungeoneering key/altar/room marker tool, and I used this website to host it:

http://dgkeys.110mb.com/Key%20Tool.html

First off, I want some feedback on it. I'm going to be adding 3 things for sure: Farming patches, GS location, and GGS location.

Second off, I was wondering if this could be hosted on tip it as a public tool. If the site admins are willing to, I can send the source.

Wow, that looks fairly blood useful. And I think it'd be great it tipit supported this or whatever.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

This tool is really useful, good job coming up with that! One suggestion would be to make it (if possible) so you have put more than one thing in a 'room' because often you can have rooms that require two keys or there would be one with a farming patch and a door that needs a key. Other than that it's great, I'll definitely use it :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

This tool is really useful, good job coming up with that! One suggestion would be to make it (if possible) so you have put more than one thing in a 'room' because often you can have rooms that require two keys or there would be one with a farming patch and a door that needs a key. Other than that it's great, I'll definitely use it :thumbup:

I'm getting a lot of complaints about that too, but that's not how I intended the tool to be used.

It's for marking the rooms with "?"s.

So say a room branches into 3 different key rooms, North, East, and West.

The room north of that room, which has a ?, would have the first key marked (NOT the room that actually has 3 doors), then one East would have the next key marked, and so on.

I'm getting a lot of complaints about that too, but that's not how I intended the tool to be used.

The room north of that room, which has a ?, would have the first key marked (NOT the room that actually has 3 doors), then one East would have the next key marked, and so on.

That actually makes a lot of sense and if I'd thought about it I'd have probably realised that :lol:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

It would probably be more intuitive to have the anchor points for the keys at the actual door locations, though using the current table-based setup that would be somewhat problematic. Regardless, I don't think a room with for example both a farming patch and an altar would be impossible, so having multiple icons in one room might be something you'd want to look at.

I've been playing around a bit (having a blast with making random figures, wjee), and noticed that you create a pop-up dialogue whenever someone puts down a second group GS (or boss, and probably more); it'd probably be a bit less annoying to just delete the old one and put down a new one.

That actually makes a lot of sense and if I'd thought about it I'd have probably realised that :lol:

lols

It would probably be more intuitive to have the anchor points for the keys at the actual door locations, though using the current table-based setup that would be somewhat problematic. Regardless, I don't think a room with for example both a farming patch and an altar would be impossible, so having multiple icons in one room might be something you'd want to look at.

I've been playing around a bit (having a blast with making random figures, wjee), and noticed that you create a pop-up dialogue whenever someone puts down a second group GS (or boss, and probably more); it'd probably be a bit less annoying to just delete the old one and put down a new one.

Yea, I will be adding in multiple resource/non key location markers, but the algorithm is probably gonna take a bit to implement and debug

Will fix the GGS, thanks for that suggestion.

I'll probably add a confirmation box, though.

Cleaned this topic up as there was a little bit of confusion.

JavaScript is perfectly alright for this tool and Tip.It would be delighted to host this tool, with full credit to you of course, for the public. Keep us updated on it's progress and when you feel it is finished we can work out the details through a private message.

Thanks so much for this offer - this will be quite a nifty addition to the website! :)

Cowman_133

Tip.It Crew Leader

1.png
generic_signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a way to mark a room as inaccessible, such as when you approach a skill-door that nobody in your team can pass. A big red cross will do. This tool has the potential to be really useful, keep up the good work! icon_thumbs.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The setup currently is really nice, but I think an option to right-click a room and then select from a selection of colors that expands to a selection of keys would be a quicker interface. I don't know if it is possible, but just a suggestion

I would just like to say that this is AMAZING. Very nice work :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...