Temporary Dungeoneering

Retech

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Cavernites

Ross and Rocco enter the crack. It seems to extend for at least for a mile. The sound of running water can be heard. A cleric manages to patch up Theros with a healing spell, but since the location is underground, the spell is only half effective and manages to correct his ribs, though his internal organs are still hurt. The clerics and wizards seem unwilling to enter such a disgusting location.

Icu jumps down the hole, where he sees a huge cavern with a pile of stone in the middle (where you land) and murky waist-deep water all around. There is a crack on one side about the height of a person, but waist down is water. There is a huge sewer grate on the other side.

-Edel

The boar starts to follow you.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I go through the crack, following the others.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

i head down the crack while saying to the wizards andclerics "just get that injured guy out of here, with the other peasents. me and my friends will go on"

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

-Crackers

The group reaches a hive-like domish cavern. There are hundreds and hundreds of catacombs on the ceiling and the walls. Ares detects that the water depth increases the further towards the center of the cavern.

-Theros

Theros awakens on the surface, where a team of clerics work to heal him. Other than a wooden holy symbol around his neck, nothing seems to have changed.

"Welcome back to the light, disciple of Ceres."

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

i look to see if theres anything of use, or anything dangerous around me.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I once again strike my staff against the ground as hard as I can, using sound magic to amplify the noise, trying to create an underwater sound/shock wave to kill/injure/agitate whatever is in the water (like that "fish in a barrel" thing on Mythbusters where a bullet shockwave will kill fish from a ways away).

RIP Dawngate ;-;

-Earth

There only seem to be the catacombs and the pool of murky water.

-Nex

The vibrations from the staff are muffled by the spongy ground, though it does emanate through the water. Nex can't tell if anything happened though.

-Rocco

Rocco spots some moving shadows in the catacombs above. When he reaches the center, the water is up to his neck and he has to hold the torch straight upwards. Nothing seems to be amiss.

-Edel

Edel reaches the road heading to the town again.

-Ross

Ares detects a faint swirling of air through the catacombs on the side of the cavern nearest to the crack, around the cavern, and into the catacombs on the other side.

I do the same as before, this time slamming the staff into the wall.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

i try to cross the water to the other side of the cavern

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

-Edel

Edel reaches the fork in the road that everyone arrived at before.

-Cavernites

The catacombs seem to start only ten feet above the water line, meaning it would be possible to climb up the catacombs if the first level is reached. Earth reaches the other side of the cavern, which seems exactly the same as the area near the crack. Nex slams his staff into the wall, and almost instantly, dire rats begin leaping out of the catacombs into the water. The murky water immediately begins to splash.

(Gotta go for the afternoon, but I'll be back later. Oh Ross, are we doing that DnD session today?)

gah! everyone back into the crack! i run back to the crack, slashing at any rats that try to attack me.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I cover the retreat, clanging the tip of my sword against the base of my staff (which has metal banding/caps, incase you forgot) and amplifying it just below the surface of the water to produce another soundwave. Then I begin slashing like a maniac.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I go to the crack, notice the rats and then use Illusion magic to make the rats believe that I am a large predator.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

-Edel

Edel walks for a while on the road, past some burned forest, before reaching an abandoned mine.

-Cavernites

As the rat pack begins to decend, the group begins rushing towards the crack in the wall. The rats splash down in front of them, blocking their path. Rocco falls as he tries to run and fire, while the rest begin hacking and slashing. Nex attempts to amplify sounds, but his lack of training leads to trouble. The sounds and vibrations are transfered into the ground, causing the cavern to begin to collapse. Unfortunately for the adventurers, the pile of dead dire rats block the exit from the catacombed area.

Meanwhile, these rats don't seem to be affected Icu's illusion, due to their massive size.

I slash at the rats.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Edel enters the abandoned mine (is my boar with me?)

(for those who don't understand Rocco's old fashioned measurements he's saying 1.8 metres)

[Falador tavern]