READ HERE FIRST FOR TEMPLATE!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a clue to goto the Wilderness Volcano - 11 Paces, Didnt take a screeny of the clue itself but hopefully someone will ^_^

volcanoclueminimap.gif

And large map location is:-

volcanoclue.jpg

Had to fight a Guthix Guy and was quite easy using Black Dragon Hide and D-Plate boots and legs. and defo a antipoison.

Edit: Elite Scroll BTW from Jungle StrykeWyrms.

Edited by SyndicateUK

Tormented Demons drop level 3 clues aswell as level 4...Just got one, and raged when I got a coord clue with a Saradomin Wizard. Might want to add this to the TD Beastiary page, as right now I think it only says level 4 clues.

Anyway, elite clue last night from the Skeletal Horror, long story short....lots of scans, 2 celtic knots, 2 arrow-pointer's, 2 slider puzzles (Graardor, Black Dragon). Final reward was 253k, TT item being 55 Zamorak arrows.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

I myself haven't got an Elite Clue, but I do have a suggestion that those of you doing them could do to help out tip.it: Bring your sextant with you and record the coordinate of the spot any compass or scanorb clue leads you to. Would help the tip.it staff know EXACTLY where each clue lead to.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I myself haven't got an Elite Clue, but I do have a suggestion that those of you doing them could do to help out tip.it: Bring your sextant with you and record the coordinate of the spot any compass or scanorb clue leads you to. Would help the tip.it staff know EXACTLY where each clue lead to.

The scan locations are random. I just had an elite with 2 Keldagrim scans, both 11 paces, but in 2 different spots.

253k loot from first elite, 188k from second elite. I'm starting to get disappointed.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Monster that dropped Clue: Bork

Level of clue (If 100% known): Elite (4)

Clue Hint (With picture):

Screenshot2010-08-13at72240AM.png

Where to solve clue (With Picture):

Center of the long room just east of the main chamber on the ground floor.

Screenshot2010-08-13at70907AM.jpg

Additional information if needed:

Guthix wizard spawned upon digging. As I wasn't expecting this, he got me with his dagger the first time, but I wasn't poisoned. From the screenshot though, it sure does appear that he has the potential to poison (wielding Dragon dagger with poisoned tip). Attacks with Claws of Guthix spell, hit me for as high as 264 damage. I assume his max is 300 (Claws of Guthix with Charge)

Screenshot2010-08-13at73604AM.png

NEXT CLUE:

Compass. Location not in database, so I'm uploading it here for you.

Guthix wizard spawned on digging. This time, he successfully poisoned me starting at 68 damage.

Screenshot2010-08-13at80856AM.png

safi.png

Clue: Elite

Monster: Steel Dragon

Its a location that wasn't on the TT page, for the compass dig locations, and ive been on the site since its been out just never posted so i figured id help out.

The Dig Spot is in Relleka inside the fence in the rock crab location above the mining pen.

100813093544.png

This thread is to help keep all information on the updated clues in one place. For general discussion on clues please use the update thread rather than this sticky. DISCUSS UPDATE HERE: http://forum.tip.it/topic/273274-04-aug-10-elite-treasure-trails/

Do you have any of the items in this list? If so then please post to help the crew out!

Please help us (and yourself) by posting information here using the form.

NOTE: Bronze/Iron/Steel/Mith Dragons (And probably other monsters) drop level THREE clues as well as level four, so be careful.

For the clue parts:

Monster that dropped Clue:

Level of Clue (If 100% known):

Where to solve Clue (With Picture):

Additional information if needed:

For the clue rewards:

Monster that dropped Clue:

Level of Clue (If 100% known):

Picture of reward screen:

Any information on new items (picture, examine, stats if equipment etc.):

[spoiler=Collected Clues]

[spoiler=Maps]Picture14.png

[spoiler=Puzzle Boxes]

bridgepuzzle.png

completebandos.png

corpbeastpuzzle.png

frpZA.png

p3qJm.png

trollbox.png

clipboard02s.gif

[spoiler=Uri Emotes]

6506008.jpg

100804184128.png

9tebo1.png

forcrew.png

forcrew2.png

Picture4-1.png?t=1280989561

Picture12.png

vzx2r.png

fbc4k1.png

newclue.png

[spoiler=Anagrams]

[spoiler=Co-Ordinates]

[spoiler=Riddles/Challenges]

[spoiler=Any other]

forcrew3.png

[hide]I'm not sure if this will help you out or not but after the new update I decided to go lvl 1 clue hunting and I recorded a bit of a log:

1. Saradomin Page 2, 7 Law Runes, 119 gp, Amulet of Magic

2. 43 Air Runes, 51gp, 3 Red Firelighters

3. 35 Body Runes, 2 Biscuits

4. Air Talisman, 50 Body Runes, 4 Purple Sweets

5. 8 Nature Runes, 2 Willow Composite Bows, Black Crossbow

6. Willow composite Bow, Studded Body, Studded Chaps, Staff of Air

7. 28 Saradomin Arrows, 44 Water Runes

8. Black Full Helm, Black Longsword, Black Platelegs (g), 55gp

9. Black Platelegs (h4), 40 Earth Runes, 5 Chaos Runes

10. 2 Nardah Teleports, 8 Chaos Runes, 35 Fire Runes, 41 Body Runes

11. 2 Tai Bwo Wannai Teleports, 69 Black Nails, 10 Trouts, 122gp [/hide]

[spoiler=Level 4's]

cluee.png - Scan Clue

clue3.png - Magic Compass Clue (Jack Sparrow anyone?)

(Note: Elite compass scrolls have a chance of being attacked by a Guthix wizard - Level 125 )

2cf9swo.png - Within the walls of varrock, 16 paces:

29zarlx.jpg

100807025932.png

48525741.jpg

Monster that dropped Clue: Steel dragon

Level of Clue (If 100% known): 4

Clue 1

48525741.jpg

Strategy- I took each room of the dungeon individually West to east . I checked the mini map after every room and mentally crossed off rooms that I had finished.

Clue2

elite2.jpg

Strategy- I planned on running around the base of the mountain and then systematically making my way up the mountain from there. I found the clue on the base level of the mountain and went from there to solve it. Hero's quest must be started to access this clue.

Clue 3

elite3.jpg

Strategy- For all compass clues I begin by looking at the clue and seeing which direction it pointed. In this case it was west. I then went to a far western city via teleport and checked again- again looking at the mini map and mentally crossing off all areas of the map where i knew it was not. I continued this teleporting process until I was sure that it was on karamja. From there I glory teleported and got really lucky.

Clue 4

elite4.jpg

This was truly an annoying clue. After exploring both neitznot and jaitzo I ventured north and began searching the troll infested area and almost died. twice. This clue is on the far northeastern corner of the islands.

Clue 5

elite5.jpg

Strategy- exactly the same as other direction clues. Arrow pointed east so I teleported to canfis and noticed that it still pointed east. From there I just walked until I found the clue. I've found with these clues that it's easier to narrow down east/west and then get to a spot where the arrow points exactly or almost exactly east/west and following it until I hit the correct spot.

Reward

elite1reward.jpg

Wolf staff and bandos plate legs for reward. approx value: 1.7m

This clue included puzzles after every clue. 1 celtic knot 2 corporal beast puzzles and 1 black dragon puzzles. I did not include these pictures because I see theyve already been obtained.

Second Elite clue- again from steel dragons.

Clue1

e2c1.jpg

As you can see from the private chat messages I narrowed this one down north/south and then explored until I found it. this clue is located slightly south of ardougne and east of the monks tower. (I dont remember exactly what it's called)

Clue2

e2c2.jpg

Because of how varrock is split up I used the paths as dividers and searched each section individually.

Clue3

e2c3.jpg

Most.annoying.clue.ever.

Strategy- This clue had a hugeee scan range and an even bigger range to scan. My strategy was to walk directly east from the river to the end of runescape and then walk 15 paces south and walk west. i went 15 instead of say 25 incase I didn't go exactly east/west- just leeway. This clue is directly north of nardah.

Clue4

e2c4.jpg

Strategy- The arrow was pointing almost directly north so I teleported to canfis and walked from there.

Clue5

e2c5.jpg

Strategy- Arrow pointed west from last clue so I teleported to varrock and walked east until the arrow was directly north and then walked north.

Clue6

e2c6.jpg

Strategy- I teleported to camelot and arrow pointed east. From varrock it hadpointed west so I teleported to falador and worked my way south from there.

Reward

e2ru.jpg

approx value-120-130k I don't know exactly because I had runes in my inventory to start with. truly a terribly clue.

this clue included 2 guthix wizards 2 celtic knots and 1 puzzle box.

Strategies for each clue are located beneath the pictures. If I later come up with more efficient strategies I'll post those as well (: Good luck with your clues everyone!

compassclueseers.jpg

brimhavenscan.jpg

elidnardahscan.jpg

mortmyrescan.jpg

Sorry if some of these are posted already, all part of the same clue.

Monster that dropped Clue: Steel Dragon

Level of Clue (If 100% known): Elite

[hide]elite.png

elite2-1.png

elite3-1.png

elite4.png

elite5.png[/hide]

Picture of reward screen:

[hide]elitereward.png[/hide]

Sorry about the poor quality, they are pucker on my pc, but cant seem to get the res decent on here, im working on it :-)

54806609.jpg

86465733.jpg

86465733.jpg

49021139.jpg

58451684.jpg

84468995.jpg

42140081.jpg

13149211.jpg

86774698.jpg

22232088.jpg

94749319.jpg

13515870.jpg

86002179.jpg

13647708.jpg

21113688.jpg

32314009.jpg

New one!

Monster that dropped Clue:Desert Strykewyrm

Level of Clue (If 100% known):lvl 4

In Falador.

2wnb8ef.jpg

South of Champions guild near fence. North-east of windmill.

jqhyt3.jpg

Haunted woods. South-west of musician.

2jewmth.png

Wilderness. Near north-western entrace of Wilderness volcano. I don't remember the Wilderness level, sorry.

2gxehox.png

333kbb8.png

In the desert. South-west of Uzer.

1045dkz.jpg

6gvbzn.jpg

Kharazi jungle. South-east of Shilo Village entrance.

ra29ep.jpg

For this clue:

This scroll will work in the dreaded Chaos Tunnels. Orb scan range: 22 paces.

Location: In the room with Animated Pickaxes and Possessed Spades (number 42 on the chaos tunnel map).

I never thought to take a screenshot when i had this clue, wish I had...

¸.´¸.*´¨) ¸.*¨)______________________________(¨*.¸ (¨`*.¸`.¸

(¸.´ ___(¸.The One And Only Chief Pnut)____ `.¸

Posting a new scanner orb location not mentioned on tip it

Monster that dropped Clue: Iron Dragon

Clue Hint (With picture): Haven't got a picture of the actual clue, but it's the deep wilderness scanning one

Where to solve Clue (With Picture): This one's on the most north-east tip of the volcano in deep wilderness, shown in my pic

newcluelocation.png

Additional information if needed: none

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

What lucky crewbies, here's yet another unique scanner clue.

Clue Hint (With picture): This scroll will work within the walls of Varrock. Orb scan range: 16 paces.

varrockclueorb.png

Where to solve Clue (With Picture): This one's right near the pillories in Varrock, as shown in my pic

newvarrockcluelocation.png

Extra Info: I want some credit pl0x <3 :)

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Bloody hell, it's like I'm working overtime for you guys.

Found a third new scanner orb location

Clue Hint (With picture): This scroll will work within the dwarven city of Keldagrim. Orb scan range: 11 paces.

keldascanorbclue.png

Where to solve Clue (With Picture): This one's slightly north-east of the rake patch - as shown

keldascanorblocation.png

Extra Info: Got Ancient vambs from the reward, cbf'd screenying them since they're not really that great :)

dungensweapers.png

Monster that dropped Clue:Steel dragon

Level of Clue (If 100% known):lvl 4

Compass clue. North-eastern Karamja near fairy ring. East side of the river.

15nar0g.png

Compass clue. Barbarian outpost next to agility arena.

3305opv.png

Orb scan. Next to cactus just south-east of bridge over Elid and south of desert hunter area.

347wnjk.jpg

2qu1xc4.jpg

Compass clue. Barbarian village.

28sq0ir.png

Got Bandos full helm. Yay!

I got a clue from turoths, (Level 3) and I got an Yew Composite from it, which is suposed to be in level 2?

Not sure if this is to any use, It just confused me abit.

I should've screenshotted it, but too late now.

dzuz3d.jpg

I got a clue from turoths, (Level 3) and I got an Yew Composite from it, which is suposed to be in level 2?

Not sure if this is to any use, It just confused me abit.

I should've screenshotted it, but too late now.

Yeah, with the update they changed it so all composite bows can be gotten from level 1-3 clues.

hey guys

greets from germany

i found another leet spot in keldagrim

ist easy to find

on the west side of the city

in the big building with gilds

ground floor

in the middle of the "room"

from the farm patch threw the door....

an than just scan and you will see

just wanna help to makes this guide "better"

see ya