It is now PROFITABLE to smith Rune 2hs

tedbundty

Right after the Dungeoneering Caves update I wrote a post here on tip.it forums (Link) saying that the update would result in making training with runite bars cheaper (and smithing in general).

Smithing: There are 3 runite ores in one of the caves. This will make it much easier to obtain ores and thus increase their supply, effectively lowering the price it costs to smith rune stuff. Also, in one of the dungeoneering caves there are steel + iron dragons and and anvil all together. This means people can kill the metal dragons and then make iron/steel platebodies to get free smithing exp. Plus (one of the most shocking things) one of the resource dungeons holds 6 mithril 3 silver and 13 coal rocks that are right next to a bank deposit booth and, what's more, F2P players can access them! This will definitely make the prices of coal and mithril fall, along with the prices of all bars.

Everybody said I was crazy for saying that (examples below) and I told myself I would prove them all wrong someday and, well, now I am! That's right, folks. Today, August 8th, you can make 230k exp and 200k exp per hour making Rune 2hs and the prices of smithing other rune stuff has drastically dropped, too, to the point that (woot just got 85 fishing!) it's one of the best, if not the best, ways of training smithing. Plus, the great thing with smithing rune 2hs is that you don't need to do Stealing Creation because by doing that you would only get less exp and gp per hour!

I would agree on all except the smithing. How many people honestly train with rune? Not many. The price WILL fall, but not enough to make it more popular than addy plates or gold smelting.

There are 3 runite rocks. And hardly anyone trains smithing with runite.

I don't see 3 extra Runite ores affecting the prices of Runite bars all that much. It doesn't really inspire smiths to make more rune anytime soon, as you still net a loss for your efforts. Just expect Rune ore to flux a bit, is all.

To check and see what the current gp per hour and exp per hour is for smithing rune stuff, see Grimy's Smithing Spreadsheet.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

I'm surprised that this happened to 2H's and not kiteshields.

If memory serves me right, kiteshields were, for a longstanding time, the most efficient thing to smith out of runite bars (aside from platebodies at obscenely high incomes)

Naaxi.png

Now give it a little bit longer. So you've hit the Peak of the R2H and you find that Rune bars have hit the Trough. Give it a little bit longer and everything will be back to normal, just at a different price.

Economy baby. Economy.

Maybe. I did say "now" meaning like right now but not necessarily forever. I can say this much - if I had cash at the moment I would definitely stock up on rune bars and ores.

Is there a problem that someone with a high level in a skill can make money with it?

No, not at all. Actually I'm quite happy about it because I'm soon going for 99 smithing so I don't have to use noob armor and weapons (89 atm).

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

From alching the R2H I assume?

Or do people buy them for some reason?

Right now, to sell without waiting it went on the GrandExchange for 51k

The bars to make it cost a bit less than mid each

I lost about 1.3k, but if I alched it, it would've been 10x that

Edit: I managed to sell one for the same price I bought the bars for without too much waiting

smithing legs/2h-s has long been the most efficient way to train smithing, so nothing magical there, and the price luctuations go hand by hand so it has always been possible to make a profit smithing them, although it is certainly not a moneymaker. The irony, however, is that you need 98+ smithing.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

smithing legs/2h-s has long been the most efficient way to train smithing, so nothing magical there, and the price luctuations go hand by hand so it has always been possible to make a profit smithing them, although it is certainly not a moneymaker. The irony, however, is that you need 98+ smithing.

for smithing alone maybe, but in terms of overall play lrc is still the most efficient

well if only addy plates were still 2:1 like back a year ago, before inflation when everyone killed aviansies for money they were nearly even

a_final_name.png

You need 99 smithing to smelt these rune 2hs.

Quite a niche market there, 99% of RS never gets 99 Smithing, a lot of those who reach 99 Smithing don't train any further.

Hooray for a tiny fraction of people. :-P

Hooray for using temporary boosts to be able to smith R2Hs at levels 97 and 98. :-P

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

You need 99 smithing to smelt these rune 2hs.

Quite a niche market there, 99% of RS never gets 99 Smithing, a lot of those who reach 99 Smithing don't train any further.

Hooray for a tiny fraction of people. :-P

Hooray for using temporary boosts to be able to smith R2Hs at levels 97 and 98. :-P

Touché :)

Not going to last very long imo anyway. :-P

QFT. I, myself, smithed rune platelegs/rune 2hs for profit after getting 99. Although the profit was not substantial, I did it for fun (free xps + gp ftw!) :thumbsup:

On topic, it'll probably even out after a while.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Impressive! I'm surprised at the result. Looks like I was wrong :)

The question then becomes, how long does the free ride last?

Price this morning was like 1k profit or more each. (Fast) Now its brake even. Later it will probably be a loss.

It is possible to sell profit still but its too slow. Like maybe 100-200 an hour or so. (Was slowing down.) At brake even I sell alot more quicker.

Im already abandoning this method before its a loss and got a stock pile lol. Let others take the gamble - Dont need the xp. Not really in mood to train it.

P.S Thankyou for the tip. However I think it has more to do with the 2hands more than the bars but whatever. I will keep a closer eye on this for a long time incase it remains brake even or near.