Level 80/90 Armors Made Exclusively by Skillers.

Obtaurian

My suggestion involves the combination of various skills to create tradable, combat-oriented items. There are twelve items in all -- four per combat class (body and leg armors). The production of these items involves combining resources from Daemonheim with resources, items, and magics found in overworld Gielinor. As such, a relatively high level in dungeoneering is required to even begin making these items. You may not seek assistance from other players whatsoever in the production of these items.

Dungeoneering: Gathering resources.

[hide]

Six new resource dungeons would be introduced: three at level 80 dungeoneering, three at level 90. All resources are untradeable.

Level 80 dungeon #1: gorgonite ore rocks. 80 mining required.

Level 80 dungeon #2: megamastyx spawns. 80 hunter required.

Level 80 dungeon #3: runeleaf plants. 80 farming required.

Level 90 dungeon #1: promethium ore rocks. 90 mining required.

Level 90 dungeon #2: tyrannomastyx rocks. 90 hunter required.

Level 90 dungeon #3: spiritbloom plants. 90 farming required.

[/hide]

Melee Armor: Gorgadamantite and Runethium.*

[hide]

High levels in smithing and crafting would be required to smith these level 80 and 90 defense platebodys and platelegs. A new way to cut gems is introduced, which is to chip them into three shards (80 and 90 crafting required to cut dragonstone and onyx gems into shards, respectively). One shard is used for the platebody, two are used for the platelegs. Once the shards are attached to the armors, they need to be enchanted, which can be done via runes or clay tablets.

Two new bars can be made by combining gorgonite with adamantite ores or promethium with runite ores. 80 and 90 smithing required to smelt the bars, respectively. The bars are then used to make the armor parts.

The enchanted gem shards grant offensive boosts to the items.

Gorgadamantite platebody (80 defense):

Materials: five gorgadamantite bars and one dragonstone shard.

Levels: 89 smithing and 80 crafting.

Also requires dragonstone enchantment.

Gorgadamantite platelegs (80 defense):

Materials: three gorgadamantite bars and two dragonstone shards.

Levels: 87 smithing and 80 crafting.

Also requires dragonstone enchantment.

Runethium platebody (90 defense):

Materials: five runethium bars and one onyx shard.

Levels: 99 smithing and 90 crafting.

Also requires onyx enchantment.

Runethium platelegs (90 defense):

Materials: three runethium ores and two onyx shards.

Levels: 97 smithing and 90 crafting.

Also requires onyx enchantment.

I'm no expert when it comes to balancing stats, but my opinion is that the gorg set should have a similar strength bonus to Bandos plate/tassets and slight accuracy bonuses to melee. The runethium set should have a larger strength bonus than Bandos with similar melee accuracy bonuses to Vesta. Both sets should have negative accuracy bonuses to magic and ranged. No prayer bonus.

[/hide]

Magic Robes: Runic and Spiritbloom.*

[hide]

High levels in crafting and runecrafting would be required to craft and imbue these level 80 and 90 magic robes. Once the textiles are made from plants picked in the resource dungeons, they are crafted into robe tops and bottoms, then imbued at the death or blood altars. Imbuing the robes gives them magic damage modifiers.

Runic robe top (80 magic):

Materials: five runic cloths.

Levels: 88 crafting and 80 runecrating.

Runic robes must be imbued at the death altar (Mournings End pt. II required to unlock).

Runic robe bottom (80 magic):

Materials: three runic cloths.

Levels: 86 crafting and 80 runecrating.

Runic robes must be imbued at the death altar (Mournings End pt. II required to unlock).

Spiritbloom robe top (90 magic):

Materials: five spiritbloom cloths.

Levels: 98 crafting and 90 runecrafting.

Spiritbloom robes must be imbued at the blood altar (Legacy of Seergaze required to unlock).

Spiritbloom robe bottom (90 magic):

Materials: three spiritbloom cloths.

Levels: 96 crafting and 90 runecrafting.

Spiritbloom robes must be imbued at the blood altar (Legacy of Seergaze required to unlock).

I'm of the opinion that the runic set should have a +5% damage modifier (+2% from bottom, +3% from top), while the spiritbloom set should have a +10% damage modifier (+4% from bottom, +6% from top). Negative bonuses to melee and ranged. No prayer bonus.

[/hide]

Ranged Leather Armor: Megaleather and Tyrannoleather.*

[hide]

High levels in crafting and fletching would be required to craft and spike-ify these level 80 and 90 ranged leather armors. Hides obtained from the resource dungeons are made into basic leather armors, then made lethal (and more stylish) by adding fletched claws dropped by black dragons and frost dragons. Due to the strange powers wielded by dragons, the claws grant ranged strength bonuses to the armors.

Claws will be semi-common drops from black dragons and frost dragons, which are fletched into studs and attached to the armors. Claws are tradable.

Megaleather body (80 ranged):

Materials: five megamastyx hides and a set of black dragon claws.

Levels: 89 crafting and 80 fletching.

Claws are dropped by black dragons and must be fletched into studs.

Megaleather chaps (80 ranged):

Materials: three megamastyx hides and a set of black dragon claws.

Levels: 87 crafting and 80 fletching.

Claws are dropped by black dragons and must be fletched into studs.

Tyrannoleather body (90 ranged):

Materials: five tyrannomastyx hides and a set of frost dragon claws.

Levels: 99 crafting and 90 fletching.

Claws are dropped by frost dragons and must be fletched into studs.

Tyrannoleather chaps (90 ranged):

Materials: three tyrannomastyx hides and a set of frost dragon claws.

Levels: 97 crafting and 90 fletching.

Claws are dropped by frost dragons and must be fletched into studs.

I'm not very familiar with how ranged strength correlates to max hit, so I wont offer suggestions here. As per usual, negative bonuses to melee and magic. No prayer.

[/hide]

In conclusion, the purpose of these items is to promote high-level skilling, profit, and to create synergy between non-combat skills while providing new toys for more combat-oriented players. If you have any criticisms (constructive or otherwise) or suggestions to make, feel free to throw them my way. Thanks.

* The names of these items are totally up in the air.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I always like the suggestions for new cool-looking armors.

If you'd like (and if you have ideas as to what these should look like) I would love to do some concept art for them.

I always like the suggestions for new cool-looking armors.

If you'd like (and if you have ideas as to what these should look like) I would love to do some concept art for them.

Concept art would be awesome. :thumbup: I guess you could just read the descriptions of the armors (tyrannoleather with Karil's-like studs, for example?) and do whatever you want with it.

dgs5.jpg

i didnt read but i sappert becuz i can be popular if i wnt too@! u inspired me to make a lvl 80 ir 90 cooking armor where u kant get damaged from cooked fud leik fish bones or chicken grislte or diabetus becuz the armer protects u!!!!

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It sounds like generally a good idea, though I have a couple points:

Doesn't 'imbue at altar' sound easier than 'fletch 10-million coin gem' to you? Even if the altar needs a hard quest...

"Gorgamite" sounds cooler than "Gorgadamite".

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

154718_1_f.jpg

isnt that the dudes race? gorgamite.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

It sounds like generally a good idea, though I have a couple points:

Doesn't 'imbue at altar' sound easier than 'fletch 10-million coin gem' to you? Even if the altar needs a hard quest...

"Gorgamite" sounds cooler than "Gorgadamite".

EDIT: D'oh, totally misread what you wrote. Revised response below.

Melee gear has traditionally been the most expensive of the classes, so I feel it's appropriate. People sell their banks for Bandos, so imagine what they'd do for an even higher bonus? The ranged armor would definitely be the cheapest (just as ranged gear as always been) as it requires cheap supplies and fairly easy skills in comparison to the other two. The mage gear has the highest level requirements, so it'll be pretty expensive, but wont have as much demand as the melee gear, which requires pretty difficult levels, a large initial investment, and will be supported by what is essentially "Melee-scape."

EDIT: @Saru: It's GORGONITES.

dgs5.jpg

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa we don't want another janet jackson episode mmmk? Just making sure your armor is fully on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...