SAVE Tookie

KidSha

savetookie_angle.gif

There is no such thing as legal killing.

Do the knowledge to this man before you flame, I know that he is the founder of the CRIP gang, but the dude is in a death row sentence in prison and he has recuperated from everything, right now he is righting books for ghetto children to stop "Gang-Banging", he has won 5 noble awards for peace keeping, the scheduled date for the execution of tookie is December 13, lets all sign the petition and let the government know that you cant kill people period, if I commit a murder I should be doing time, but thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not going to happened to Arnold because heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the terminator....

Peeps wake up and sign this, he has saved more lives then you think, and yes he took away lives as well and he is still under death row, so he defiantly has not been seeing freedom for the past YEARS!

A man that saved millions, stopped 80% of the gang related violence in L.a and world wide, the gang Bloods/Crisp are now at peace throughout North America.

Do the knowledge on this website and sign the petition!

http://www.freetookie.com

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly signing an online petition is unlikely to change anything here.

I happen to belive that this man has been totally reformed and has served his time and deserved to be released. He's a role model for youngsters about the danger of gangs and has become very influential in a good way.

The best way to compaign to halt the death sentance is to actually DO something in real life and not simply fill out an online form.

Theres not long left so please please CALL 916-445-2841

Don't be a slacktivist, online petitions rarely make an ounce of difference but a simple phone call to speak to someone about this can really change things. Don't go thought your life clicking a few buttons and making yourself feel better because ultimately by only clicking the button you wont make Stanley Williams feel any better.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Unfortunatly signing an online petition is unlikely to change anything here.

I happen to belive that this man has been totally reformed and has served his time and deserved to be released. He's a role model for youngsters about the danger of gangs and has become very influential in a good way.

The best way to compaign to halt the death sentance is to actually DO something in real life and not simply fill out an online form.

Theres not long left so please please CALL 916-445-2841

Don't be a slacktivist, online petitions rarely make an ounce of difference but a simple phone call to speak to someone about this can really change things. Don't go thought your life clicking a few buttons and making yourself feel better because ultimately by only clicking the button you wont make Stanley Williams feel any better.

DECEMBER 7 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ San Diego, CA

The Faiths of Our Fathers and Mothers: Prayers, Practice and Struggle Against the Death Penalty

Noon - 1pm

The Hall of Justice

330 West Broadway

San Diego, CA 92101

A press conference, rally/demonstration, & prayer vigil in opposition to the death penalty with the specific task of calling for justice and clemency for Tookie.

More info:(619) 804-1685, Email: [email protected]

DECEMBER 7ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Chicago, IL

Stop the Execution of Stan Tookie Williams

Featuring pardoned Illinois death row prisoner Madison Hobley; exonerated

Illinois death row prisoner Darby Tillis; Gloria Johnson, mother of Illinois

prisoner Montell Johnson; Alice Kim and Marlene Martin, of the Campaign to

End the Death Penalty; and more. At 7 pm at Northeastern Illinois

University, Student Union, (Room TBA), 5500 N. St. Louis. Call 773-955-4841

for information.

DECEMBER 7- Sacramento, CA

Press conference: Educators for Tookie!

Wednesday, December 7 at 2:00PM

Notre Dame de Namur University, Quad (next to Campus Center)

1500 Ralston Ave, Belmont, CA 94002

(Directions and campus map at http://www.ndnu.edu)

*Thirty-three Professors Nominate Stanley Tookie Williams for the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize

*Over 500 Educators Nationwide Urge Clemency for Stanley Tookie Williams

Contact: Alice Kim, Campaign to End the Death Penalty (773) 412-2716

DECEMBER 7ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ San Diego, CA

Talking & Teaching on Tookie: Speaking Truth to Power

The Malcolm X Library

5148 Market St.

San Diego,CA

6:00pm to 8:00pm

A Spoken Word venue where leading poets in San Diego recite poetry that focuses on TookieÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s life, good works and the struggle for justice and clemency for Tookie and also the political education and mobilization for the local poet community to engage the struggle for Tookie.

More info:(619) 804-1685, Email: [email protected]

DECEMBER 7 - San Diego

Vigil, Press Conference, Rally and Demonstration

At Noon at the Hall of Justice, 330 West Broadway. For information, call

619-804-1685 or e-mail [email protected].

DECEMBER 7 - San Diego

Screening of Redemption

Followed by a discussion of death penalty work and the campaign to save

Tookie Williams. At 6:30 pm in City College Room B103, sponsored by

Resistencia Estudiantil.

DECEMBER 7ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Modesto, CA

PRAYER VIGIL

5:00-7:00 p.m.

Meet in front of Brenden Movie Theatre

Downtown Modesto, CA

For more information, please contact Ruben Villalobos at (209)534-1533

Sponsored by the NAACP and the Central Valley Committee to Save Tookie Williams

DECEMBER 8 - Sacramento, CA

Download Flyer

Save the Peacemaker Rally/People's Clemency Hearing

Rally and Press Conference

10 am - 12 noon

West Steps (10th at Capitol Mall)

State Capitol Building, Sacramento.

Click for Map

On December 8th, 2005 Tookie's supporters far and wide will hold our own clemency hearing to coincide with the private clemency hearing that Gov. Schwartzenegger has scheduled regarding Tookie.

Come hear the arguments from our side, have your voice heard and tell the governor to do the right thing. Stanley Tookie Williams Deserves Clemency!

Carpool information:

There will be a carpool leaving MacArthur BART station in Oakland at 8am on December 8th. Spaces are very limited and cannot be guaranteed.If you can drive to the event please pick up passengers at MacArthur BART.

For more information call 510-253-5418 or 510-333-7966

Sponsored by the Save Tookie Committee

DECEMBER 8 - Washington D.C.

Speak Out! Demonstrate! Call in to the Governor!

Thursday, December 8th, 5:30 pm at 10th and U [Caution: Hack-Scam Site] NW, Africran American

Civil War Memorial. Train: Green line to U St./ Cardoza. For info call

301-801-7616 or email [email protected].

DECEMBER 9 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Los Angeles, CA

SCREENING OF "AFTER INNOCENCE"

Begins 7:00 p.m.

Nate Holden Performing Arts Center

4718 West Washington Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90016

No reservations required: FREE Admission - First come, first served.

For more information, please contact: Project:Involve at 310.432.1280.

"After Innocence" tells the dramatic and compelling story of the exonerated ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

@Dusqi: Do you happen to know what AI are doing about this stateside?

And for those that perhaps cant call the governors office because you do not have a phone can use this email template. Simply fill in your name and address at the bottom and send to [email protected]

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I am writing to you with regards to Stanley Williams. As I understand it, you are his only hope. You should know that I am in favor of the death penalty (in the most reprehensible cases) and my politics are conservative -- I am by no means a do-gooder liberal. However, I believe in the case of Tookie Williams, that if there ever was a case that demanded clemency or mercy, his would be it. Regardless of his innocence or guilt of the crimes he has been convicted of, he has spent 26 1/2 years behind bars and has used that time not only to rehabilitate himself but also to influence others. Executing Mr Williams would be like executing Louis Pasteur or Florence Nightingale. This man has saved many thousands of our youth from self-destruction, not to mention their possible future victims.

I would challenge you to read his books and ask yourself that if this man can achieve all of this from a death row cell, what would he be able to achieve if he was allowed to live? How many lives could he save and inspire? And further: what message would you be sending to the people you represent should you execute Mr. Williams -- and what message would you send should you spare his life?

{Your name and address}

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

"There's no such thing as a legal killing"

"let the government know that you cant kill people period"

Remind me exactly why this guy is in jail?

I can see the point to a certain extent, but the people rambling on about how many lives he's saved and how he's such an anti-gang advocate seem to forget that he's the guy (or one of the guys) who started the whole gang warfare 'thing' to begin with. By starting the crips he's caused the end of far more lives than he will ever save.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

@Dusqi: Do you happen to know what AI are doing about this stateside?

And for those that perhaps cant call the governors office because you do not have a phone can use this email template. Simply fill in your name and address at the bottom and send to [email protected]

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I am writing to you with regards to Stanley Williams. As I understand it, you are his only hope. You should know that I am in favor of the death penalty (in the most reprehensible cases) and my politics are conservative -- I am by no means a do-gooder liberal. However, I believe in the case of Tookie Williams, that if there ever was a case that demanded clemency or mercy, his would be it. Regardless of his innocence or guilt of the crimes he has been convicted of, he has spent 26 1/2 years behind bars and has used that time not only to rehabilitate himself but also to influence others. Executing Mr Williams would be like executing Louis Pasteur or Florence Nightingale. This man has saved many thousands of our youth from self-destruction, not to mention their possible future victims.

I would challenge you to read his books and ask yourself that if this man can achieve all of this from a death row cell, what would he be able to achieve if he was allowed to live? How many lives could he save and inspire? And further: what message would you be sending to the people you represent should you execute Mr. Williams -- and what message would you send should you spare his life?

{Your name and address}

Thanks for helping me put this information up.

HETEP

Ive read quite a lot about him. I also understand Rizla's opinion on this. I dont share the same pain that so many people in America, and increasingly in the UK, of first hand gang violence. All i do know is that this guy has genuinely reformed. He has spent the best part of his life trying to show the dangers of gangs. I'm not saying he should be released back into the general public but I do think that capital punishment should NEVER be used on this guy.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I can see the point to a certain extent, but the people rambling on about how many lives he's saved and how he's such an anti-gang advocate seem to forget that he's the guy (or one of the guys) who started the whole gang warfare 'thing' to begin with. By starting the crips he's caused the end of far more lives than he will ever save.

I suggest you watch the movie ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅredemptionÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Lets not turn this into a Bush political debate yeah?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

So just because he got several Nobel prizes means he can be excused for murder?

The kids in these gangs need to learn his lesson. He will be paying for his crimes, and it does not matter if he has reformed or not.

You cannot excuse capital crimes just because you like the guy.

Besides, his messages will mean more in death than in life. It puts together a much more important message than him being released.

Oh, and gang warfare has killed over 12,000 people since the Crips were founded. That's 12,000 people who have died for turf and the color of thier shirts.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

We have to make things clear. This man has been responsible for violent street crimes and, consequently, many deaths.

The same man has appeared to be reformed, has worked to redeem himself, is trying to help the next generation and has been awarded for his contributions to society.

Why kill someone like that? I ask that question because I don't believe in the death penalty, if it's supposed to act as a deterrent, especially in a country that allows the selling of guns. If it's supposed to be a punishment, I believe keeping a man in jail for the rest of his life, having to live with remorse (if he has any) is a better punishment.

I'm not saying release him, anything but. He must serve his time for his actions. Keep the man in jail and let him continue to live, continue to reform and continue to, perhaps, be a lesson of what can happen in street crime and what can happen to a reformed man.

all this guy did for a lot of his time was sit in jail crying about how 'racism' got him the death sentence for murder (shock!). Then when he realised that wouldn't work he suddenly reformed and started helping the children :roll: . Just kill this stupid viscious thug and get it over with, I'd think more about treading on an ant.

Some people are better alive then dead.If killing him is used to send a message,then what reponse will others take in how they feel about his death?Less violence?

Yes the man killed 4 people.However,he is different from other deathrow inmated.Most lifers or Dr inmated,just spend their life in jail and do hoops and eat or whatever they do.Tookie however is one of the few people to have had his freedom taken away,and still try to help the world.He made mistake's but has tried to correct his mistakes.

Save Tookie.

but seriously....

rules are rules

what does the law say? death penalty?

might as well not kill hitler either

How in the world do you compare Hitler to Tookie Williams?Or Hitler to anyone else for that matter.

might as well not kill hitler either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

A clarification on the Nobel Peace Prize that he supposedly won 5 times over. He didn't win them, he was nominated once. Did you know that anyone can nominate anyone for the Nobel Peace Prize?

I don't know, I that he did what he did, and deserves what was coming to him. You can't expect to murder people and get away with it, at least not when caught. Being a founder of Crips doesn't help his situation. He created a monster, there's nothing he can do about that. I know he's writing books, but I don't see what is so special between him and countless other authors who write inspiring children's books? He should just take it. If he doesn't get the death penalty he still will have life in prision. I'd rather die than spend my days like that, or at least I feel that way based on everything I've ever heard about the prision system.

peterstretchfn5.gif

From Wikipedia:

As Darryl and Sims walked to the counter area to take money from the register, Williams walked behind Owens, pulling the sawed-off shotgun from under his jacket and told Owens to ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åshut up and keep walking.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

savetookie_angle.gif

There is no such thing as legal killing.

Do the knowledge to this man before you flame, I know that he is the founder of the CRIP gang, but the dude is in a death row sentence in prison and he has recuperated from everything, right now he is righting books for ghetto children to stop "Gang-Banging", he has won 5 noble awards for peace keeping, the scheduled date for the execution of tookie is December 13, lets all sign the petition and let the government know that you cant kill people period, if I commit a murder I should be doing time, but thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not going to happened to Arnold because heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the terminator....

Peeps wake up and sign this, he has saved more lives then you think, and yes he took away lives as well and he is still under death row, so he defiantly has not been seeing freedom for the past YEARS!

A man that saved millions, stopped 80% of the gang related violence in L.a and world wide, the gang Bloods/Crisp are now at peace throughout North America.Do the knowledge on this website and sign the petition!

http://www.freetookie.com

lol no there not...

~ZeLoT~

I say that the best idea is just to keep him in jail. I belive that person in jail should work. But if he is promoting anti-gange violence, then i say that should be his work, and for the rest of his life he do this act.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!