Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9/11 attacks

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,868 posts

Its been nine years, it was horrible yes, now get over it.

Other wise i'm gonna strat posting every year a thread marking the other 9/11, the day when the US helped to install the dictator of chille and caused all the suffering in that area.

The crusades.

The famine that resulted because the church declared the potatoe the fruit of the devil.

The nukes droped on japan.

I could go on and on.

I think the reason there's a topic about it every year is because it happened within our lifetimes, making it much more significant to us.

C2b6gs7.png

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
I would barely tolerate a thread like this if it was an important anniversary, or anything particularly interesting was occurring that wasn't covered by other threads. But this is 9 years, this thread has no discussion value.

~ W ~

Posted Image

MirageOfDeath
[ Display Name History ]

MirageOfDeath

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:hells_mishap
For the first time in 9 years I looked at the calendar and saw September 11 coming up and not subconsciously associate it with the WTC attacks, till I saw this thread. :s
Posted Image

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
I think the point that shocks me the most is that I was watching kids at summer camp who was born at the time of this. They grew up in this new mindset of a world, never knowing what was before. I think that's the biggest thing that effects me remembering back to 9/11/01.
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

IeatWindex
[ Display Name History ]

IeatWindex

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,824 posts
  • RSN:1Pker50
  • RSN2:Spencer Wyat
People need to stop being stereotypical towards Muslims. A good portion of my family is Muslim and I hate seeing those stereotypes and now the pastor wanting to burn the Qur'an...people DO need to move on because the more we make every 9/11 of every year such a big deal it only instigates more anger which makes this hard to get over. We don't make the anniversary of Pearl Harbor getting attacked a big deal and nobody goes crazy over Japanese people or threatening to burn or vandalize religious artifacts relating to Buddhism or Shintoism. These people are keeping the pain alive.
Posted Image

Icuownage
[ Display Name History ]

Icuownage

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,528 posts
I prefer muslims to christians to be honest. Though any form of extremist is bad, be it muslim, christian and so on. My religion and philosophy teacher told me that the muslims actually respect Jesus, and so far to me that is the furthest any of the abrahamic religions have gone to accepting the other religion.

Though this part I say with no reference, and so can be wrong, but I believe the whole Jerusuelum (bad spelling I know) and the middle eastern situations could have been avoided if they just shared the city... I heard that Saladin actually did have laws where everyone was allowed in the city, but the christians wanted it all form themselves. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Lateralus
[ Display Name History ]

Lateralus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,265 posts
People should never want or try to forget 9/11. Shame on anyone who thinks so.
La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"9/11."
"9/11 who?"
"I thought you said you'd never forget!"

So pulling that one tomorrow.

TANSTAAFL

fakeitormakeit2
[ Display Name History ]

fakeitormakeit2

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • RSN:kaisershami
  • Clan:Not in one.

I prefer muslims to christians to be honest. Though any form of extremist is bad, be it muslim, christian and so on. My religion and philosophy teacher told me that the muslims actually respect Jesus, and so far to me that is the furthest any of the abrahamic religions have gone to accepting the other religion.

Though this part I say with no reference, and so can be wrong, but I believe the whole Jerusuelum (bad spelling I know) and the middle eastern situations could have been avoided if they just shared the city... I heard that Saladin actually did have laws where everyone was allowed in the city, but the christians wanted it all form themselves. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please)

The crusaders were hardly Christian and in the end the Eastern Christians ended up paying the price for the next 800yrs by the Muslims. Rarely is one group always in the right, or in the same stance for that matter. The important thing to overcoming intolerance is not saying one group is right and the other is not [as that is hardly ever true] but we must let go of things we cannot change [hence turn the other cheek, turning the other cheek is a Semitic expression for forgiving/ignoring insults, not being stepped on] and not generalize.
Posted Image

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

but I believe the whole Jerusalem (bad spelling I know) and the middle eastern situations could have been avoided if they just shared the city...

If we all shared and respected one another, 100% of the world's problems will be solved. Useless pointing that out, really.

Anyway, does anyone really know why religious extremists are at war against a political state?
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Grogthurk
[ Display Name History ]

Grogthurk

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • RSN:Grogthurk
I want to thank those in the clan chat for sharing in a moment of silence.

top_lel_face.png

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
I woke up at 09:11 today. :o

Just thought I'd share that.

C2b6gs7.png

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Qu├ębec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr

I'm not saying people should try to forget, what I'm trying to say is get over it.

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
I don't mind mourning 9/11. But last year my teacher made some argument that the war in Iraq was justified because of 9/11, and that's just [bleep]ing stupid.

TANSTAAFL

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

I don't mind mourning 9/11. But last year my teacher made some argument that the war in Iraq was justified because of 9/11, and that's just [bleep]ing stupid.

Did you tell her that?

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I'm not saying people should try to forget, what I'm trying to say is get over it.

That's very sensitive and considerate to the thousands of people who lost family members that day.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

That's very sensitive and considerate to the thousands of people who lost family members that day.

You're the one being inconsiderate. If anyone lost a family member or a friend, maybe they should celebrate their lives instead of how they died? 9/11 is an event everyone should get over, and even forgive and forget. On the other hand, the wonderful lives of thousands of people should never be forgotten. We spend too much time concerned about death to appreciate the life that comes before it.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

You're the one being inconsiderate. If anyone lost a family member or a friend, maybe they should celebrate their lives instead of how they died? 9/11 is an event everyone should get over, and even forgive and forget. On the other hand, the wonderful lives of thousands of people should never be forgotten. We spend too much time concerned about death to appreciate the life that comes before it.

As it is with everything else in life. Death sells, if you didn't know that you haven't been paying attention.

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

That's very sensitive and considerate to the *hundreds* of thousands of Iraqis, Afghanis, and soldiers who were killed during the past nine years.

TANSTAAFL

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

As it is with everything else in life. Death sells, if you didn't know that you haven't been paying attention.

True, but the act of 'commemorating' it consistently for 9 years sounds much more like a dangerous and violent grudge than simply sorrow for those who are lost, when you consider the numbers of lives lost in natural disasters, poverty, or vehicle accidents each year. We seem to be dealing with something far more sinister than mourning. After all, who remembers the date when Sri Lanka was hit by a tsunami?

~ W ~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users