Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

9/11 attacks

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Flodder450
[ Display Name History ]

Flodder450

Official Tip.it Minecraft Architect

• Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Flodder450
Now, its 9 years ago that the World trade center was destroyed in a terrorist attack, im sure everybody remembers looking at the tv and going "Wat the.....?"

i was like 7 years old and i didnt fully understand what was going on, but i do remember staring at the tv,looking at the part of the Facade that was still standing and going "Wow...something bad happened there"

9 years ago, and still people are having nightmares about it,which is,ofcourse,normal, it had a major impact upon the collegues of the firefighters and policemen that went in to save thoses who were trapped and died when the towers collapsed,and it...it is just....a major event which still has its impact today,in terms of people who still cant blieve what happened that day,personally,i didnt get the whole picture until like, a few years later,when i realized and accepted what had happened

i strongly believe that violence doesn't solve anything its fighting fire with fire, more and more and more untill it's too late and when we realize what we have done wrong, it is too late to change it[editing this part along the way]

discuss about 9/11,the impact it had and the effects it had on you ,your actions, thoughs,beliefs,views and such

Edited by Flodder450, 08 September 2010 - 04:07 PM.

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Skully SC
I notice this thread every year. :P

Posted Image

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
I've heard they're on schedule to have the memorial built for the tenth anniversary.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Iconic
[ Display Name History ]

Iconic

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I heard about it nine years ago and could not comprehend, although it did no affect me personally I think it has really shocked me that people are willing to kill so many people, for whatever reason.
[Falador tavern]

Emmentail
[ Display Name History ]

Emmentail

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,031 posts
  • RSN:Emmentail
I'm reminded of 9/11 whenever I play Jenga.

No seriously!
Posted Image

Bouwzie
[ Display Name History ]

Bouwzie

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,934 posts
  • RSN:Bouwzie
I'm sorry, but I'm getting a bit sick of this.

2j3qh46.jpg

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

I'm sorry, but I'm getting a bit sick of this.

Just because *looks at Location* Netherlands didn't get blown up, doesn't mean you shouldn't mourn for us. Evry1 shud mourn fr ur loses at 9-||!

Though it is interesting how no one sheds a tear for the victims of other terrorist attacks, even in Western countries, but 9-11 is srs bsnss.

(because it was all Bush' fault!11)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Québec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr
I'm getting sick of this too, it's a terrorist attack that killed lots of people, you all cry for that, but when it's about the people dying because of the war in afganistan, you don't shed a tear. Get over it. Also, I think more people died in that war than the number of people that died in that "terrorist attack".

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Move.
On.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
I'm curious to know if anyone here on TIF believes the conspiracy theories. (Not saying believing them makes you bat [cabbage] or anything, just curious)

polyvoree
[ Display Name History ]

polyvoree

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 230 posts
Noone mentions the 7/7 bombings in London anymore... It wasn't as big, but still.

Anyway all I can say is

Move.
On.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Noone mentions the 7/7 bombings in London anymore... It wasn't as big, but still.

Nor the Oklahoma City bombing, or the Oakland Earthquake, or Pearl Harbor, the list goes on.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

I've heard they're on schedule to have the memorial built for the tenth anniversary.

Really? That's awesome. :thumbup:

I remember exactly what I was doing, I was sitting in the kitchen with my older sister and my mother when my sister screamed and told me to look at the TV, and it was saying that the planes had hit. I didn't really understand it until later that day at school when people explained it to me. It was horrible. :cry:

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

I'm curious to know if anyone here on TIF believes the conspiracy theories. (Not saying believing them makes you bat [cabbage] or anything, just curious)

Let's just say, if they're true, it wouldn't suprise me.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
I was 4 at the time, so I personally didn't have any idea of what was going on when that happened.

anonymous1234
[ Display Name History ]

anonymous1234

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,222 posts
I was like "Cool, explosion," when it happened, but in honestly, I see this thread every year, and people are still making a huge deal out of 9/11, as if Americans have never died before. I know people that lost relatives on that day because I live relatively close to NYC, and I while feel sorry for them, people need to stop pretending the terrorist attacks on that day were the most significant loss of American lives ever.

Vulxai
[ Display Name History ]

Vulxai

Mitákuye Oyás’iŋ

• Members
  • 5,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Wise Pond
  • RSN '07:Vulxai

*Raises hand*, and no I'm not a complete nutjob. I go to college, I have a son who I enjoy spending time with, I'm basically your normal average joe.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Sbrideau
[ Display Name History ]

Sbrideau

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  • Location:Saint-Georges, Québec, Canada (very close to the Maine border)
  • RSN:Sbr

Let's just say, if they're true, it wouldn't suprise me.

+1

And I'm an average guy. I don't see anything wrong with anyone believing any conspiracy theory.

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229

I was like "Cool, explosion," when it happened, but in honestly, I see this thread every year, and people are still making a huge deal out of 9/11, as if Americans have never died before. I know people that lost relatives on that day because I live relatively close to NYC, and I while feel sorry for them, people need to stop pretending the terrorist attacks on that day were the most significant loss of American lives ever.

It was easily the biggest loss of US civilians, and on our own soil no less. I say we should get this thread, and one next year for the 10th anniversary, then start to let it go the way of Pearl Harbor.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Wisp
[ Display Name History ]

Wisp

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,176 posts

It was easily the biggest loss of US civilians, and on our own soil no less. I say we should get this thread, and one next year for the 10th anniversary, then start to let it go the way of Pearl Harbor.

And it led to the Afghanistan war, and the Iraq war (though less directly), two things that are still very going on. We can pass off military losses in away, it's people in the army, they were risking their lives for their country, but civilian tragedies are something much more frightening to the public. We can hear about an IED going off in Iraq, killing two soldiers, but we don't ever have to worry about that. An attack on civilian targets, there's not much anyone can do to protect themselves from something like that. I'm not the type of person to worry about this, but civilian attacks are always more dramatic than military casualties, especially on our own soil.
Posted Image
Hegemony-Spain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users