9/11 attacks

Flodder450

Its been nine years, it was horrible yes, now get over it.

Other wise i'm gonna strat posting every year a thread marking the other 9/11, the day when the US helped to install the dictator of chille and caused all the suffering in that area.

The crusades.

The famine that resulted because the church declared the potatoe the fruit of the devil.

The nukes droped on japan.

I could go on and on.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was around 7 when it happened. The reality of it never really 'got to me' until I was at least 11. It's kind of tragic for something like that to happen, unprovoked, but it is now the past.

Trivia; Drowning Pool's "Bodies" were censored in America, due to the people who jumped off the building on that day

Winning hearts and minds!

Twelve American soldiers face charges over a secret "kill team" that allegedly blew up and shot Afghan civilians at random and collected their fingers as trophies.

Five of the soldiers are charged with murdering three Afghan men who were allegedly killed for sport in separate attacks this year. Seven others are accused of covering up the killings and assaulting a recruit who exposed the murders when he reported other abuses, including members of the unit smoking hashish stolen from civilians.

In one of the most serious accusations of war crimes to emerge from the Afghan conflict, the killings are alleged to have been carried out by members of a Stryker infantry brigade based in Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan.

According to investigators and legal documents, discussion of killing Afghan civilians began after the arrival of Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs at forward operating base Ramrod last November. Other soldiers told the army's criminal investigation command that Gibbs boasted of the things he got away with while serving in Iraq and said how easy it would be to "toss a grenade at someone and kill them".

US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'

Twelve American soldiers face charges over a secret "kill team" that allegedly blew up and shot Afghan civilians at random and collected their fingers as trophies.

Five of the soldiers are charged with murdering three Afghan men who were allegedly killed for sport in separate attacks this year. Seven others are accused of covering up the killings and assaulting a recruit who exposed the murders when he reported other abuses, including members of the unit smoking hashish stolen from civilians.

In one of the most serious accusations of war crimes to emerge from the Afghan conflict, the killings are alleged to have been carried out by members of a Stryker infantry brigade based in Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan.

According to investigators and legal documents, discussion of killing Afghan civilians began after the arrival of Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs at forward operating base Ramrod last November. Other soldiers told the army's criminal investigation command that Gibbs boasted of the things he got away with while serving in Iraq and said how easy it would be to "toss a grenade at someone and kill them".

US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'

Whoever collects the least amount of fingers pays for lunch!!

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Don't worry, they were the fingers of evil people.

Eventhough I agree that it was a very sad event, and it should never be have really happened nor happen again. I have to say that America are kinda viewed as terrorists from other countries.. It does not justify anything though. But it is probable that the kill count of the wars that came from it have begun to become comparable to the deaths in 9/11, perhaps even surpassed.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

September 11 should have been the biggest wakeup call to the American administration and the western world. The consequences should have been an engagement with the Muslim world that was not predicated on control, but on mutual interests and respect. 9 years later the world is far more dangerous because it didn't serve as a wakeup call but simply as an excuse to more overtly pursue a doomed foreign policy, and one that has been operating for hundreds of years.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

September 11 should have been the biggest wakeup call to the American administration and the western world. The consequences should have been an engagement with the Muslim world that was not predicated on control, but on mutual interests and respect. 9 years later the world is far more dangerous because it didn't serve as a wakeup call but simply as an excuse to more overtly pursue a doomed foreign policy, and one that has been operating for hundreds of years.

Very nicely articulated :thumbup:

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I heard some church was burning qurans for 9/11. :lol:

Yep.

So freaking childish.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I heard some church was burning qurans for 9/11. :lol:

Yep.

So freaking childish.

I just don't get why they decide to do it 9 years later? It's randomly funny though.

Because it took them 9 years to think of it.

I agree the mourning needs to move on, but its a significant event people fail to see that. This was American History being written. And from now on it will be in every American History textbook on the shelves. Not because of the amount of people that lost their lives, but it was the first real, successful, attack on the US lower 48 by an outside source since 1775. Thats huge. That sends shockwaves. The only one in between that was Japan's attack on Hawaii. I think the most chilling thing is while watching a show on TV about it recently (Natl Geo or Discovery i don't remember), they had home video with these awful loud cracking sounds. Almost like a bullwhip crack played over a concert speaker setup. Then explained that, that was the sound of people jumping out of the WTC and hitting the concrete or glass below.

I was in biology class in the 10th grade when it happened. Joined the Marine Corps about 2-3 years later.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Can this thing please go the way of the dinosaurs? The extremists won by the USA taking an aggressive stance to Muslims.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Its been nine years, it was horrible yes, now get over it.

Other wise i'm gonna strat posting every year a thread marking the other 9/11, the day when the US helped to install the dictator of chille and caused all the suffering in that area.

The crusades.

The famine that resulted because the church declared the potatoe the fruit of the devil.

The nukes droped on japan.

I could go on and on.

I think the reason there's a topic about it every year is because it happened within our lifetimes, making it much more significant to us.

C2b6gs7.png

I would barely tolerate a thread like this if it was an important anniversary, or anything particularly interesting was occurring that wasn't covered by other threads. But this is 9 years, this thread has no discussion value.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think the point that shocks me the most is that I was watching kids at summer camp who was born at the time of this. They grew up in this new mindset of a world, never knowing what was before. I think that's the biggest thing that effects me remembering back to 9/11/01.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

People need to stop being stereotypical towards Muslims. A good portion of my family is Muslim and I hate seeing those stereotypes and now the pastor wanting to burn the Qur'an...people DO need to move on because the more we make every 9/11 of every year such a big deal it only instigates more anger which makes this hard to get over. We don't make the anniversary of Pearl Harbor getting attacked a big deal and nobody goes crazy over Japanese people or threatening to burn or vandalize religious artifacts relating to Buddhism or Shintoism. These people are keeping the pain alive.

GG.gif

I prefer muslims to christians to be honest. Though any form of extremist is bad, be it muslim, christian and so on. My religion and philosophy teacher told me that the muslims actually respect Jesus, and so far to me that is the furthest any of the abrahamic religions have gone to accepting the other religion.

Though this part I say with no reference, and so can be wrong, but I believe the whole Jerusuelum (bad spelling I know) and the middle eastern situations could have been avoided if they just shared the city... I heard that Saladin actually did have laws where everyone was allowed in the city, but the christians wanted it all form themselves. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I prefer muslims to christians to be honest. Though any form of extremist is bad, be it muslim, christian and so on. My religion and philosophy teacher told me that the muslims actually respect Jesus, and so far to me that is the furthest any of the abrahamic religions have gone to accepting the other religion.

Though this part I say with no reference, and so can be wrong, but I believe the whole Jerusuelum (bad spelling I know) and the middle eastern situations could have been avoided if they just shared the city... I heard that Saladin actually did have laws where everyone was allowed in the city, but the christians wanted it all form themselves. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please)

The crusaders were hardly Christian and in the end the Eastern Christians ended up paying the price for the next 800yrs by the Muslims. Rarely is one group always in the right, or in the same stance for that matter. The important thing to overcoming intolerance is not saying one group is right and the other is not [as that is hardly ever true] but we must let go of things we cannot change [hence turn the other cheek, turning the other cheek is a Semitic expression for forgiving/ignoring insults, not being stepped on] and not generalize.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

but I believe the whole Jerusalem (bad spelling I know) and the middle eastern situations could have been avoided if they just shared the city...

If we all shared and respected one another, 100% of the world's problems will be solved. Useless pointing that out, really.

Anyway, does anyone really know why religious extremists are at war against a political state?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg