Best of Blur Album art lookalike (work in progress)

Mercifull

Mmmkay so its not pixel but its the only way to get people to even click onto this topic... :(

B0000509DR.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I dont know if anyone is aware of the Best of Blur CD but i wanted to make myself look like it. So i opened up photoshop and had a play. 17 layers all brushing and lines no filters ^_^

Its a bit rough but my mouse is rubbish and i dont have a tablet.

What do people think?

First go

10-12-05_mepulpstyle.jpg

Latest

10-12-05_my-face-vector.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

lol, that's quite nice actually, but the shadow on the big black line makes it look like the head is floating above the rest of the background :P

heh, you should take out one of the guys on the original pic and then put your face there :lol:

image1ne5.png

Things to fix

Take off shadow from neck

Increase shirt line thinkness

Make expression look a bit less evil (change mouth line)

Change to more neutral bg

?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nice..

Suggestions: kill the shadow under your head. clean up the lines on your ear. as Ryan said, the bg is too vibrant, I think. and make the lines on your shirt thicker

those are some realatively small things, though, so, very good job :D

EDIT: also, I think you should give yourself a little line that shows your lower-lip, as your inspiration did.

IRKAa.jpg

10-12-05_my-face-vector.jpg

Slightly improved version?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Yeah you're right about the glasses but i did them a really stupid way. The lenses should really be a different layer to the frames. I'll remember this for next time. I'm trying to find a pic of me that I like to do another one lol.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Tidy....

And regarding to one of the first posters: The background gives it that extra bit.... I like it.

At Matt, gimme' a pic of you over MSN, I'll do one in Paint. :P

-Mitch-

EDIT: I started work on Jake Gyllenhaal (I asked Matt for a picture of him, but he said to do this guy, so I did)

Instead of brushing, I decided to work ona bit of line art in MS Paint, first:

someguyfortipit9tg.jpg

After I finish with that, I'll attempt to shade it. Could be a little difficult, though.

A little C&C would be appreciated, too. (Sorry for asking it on your thread, Matt)

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

Tidy....

And regarding to one of the first posters: The background gives it that extra bit.... I like it.

At Matt, gimme' a pic of you over MSN, I'll do one in Paint. :P

-Mitch-

EDIT: I started work on Jake Gyllenhaal (I asked Matt for a picture of him, but he said to do this guy, so I did)

Instead of brushing, I decided to work ona bit of line art in MS Paint, first:

someguyfortipit9tg.jpg

After I finish with that, I'll attempt to shade it. Could be a little difficult, though.

A little C&C would be appreciated, too. (Sorry for asking it on your thread, Matt)

-Mitch-

Lovely.

Linework is looking really cool, keep it up :D

Really wanna see what its gonna look like after youve done facial features

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Linework is looking really cool, keep it up :D

Really wanna see what its gonna look like after youve done facial features

I've got some eyebrowes on there and that's about it... I got a little moody after I kept messing up on the mouth, so I left it. :P

Maybe I'll have another go tomorrow. I just got a picture off Rick, too... It'll be good to see if I can get that done by the end of tomorrow. He got cool hair which will be interesting to sketch.

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

Lets be fair though, its not as good as my hair is it? ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Much better with the lines bolded and a lighter background.

Goodluck on the Paint thing Rhys :)

It was me who done the Paint thing. :roll:

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

Here is my cut.. mattmatt01.jpg

I added noise & blurred the background because the background in the album cover pic has artifacts/inconsistencies in it :P I'm guessing it's not supposed to be that way though.