Guide for cheap firemaking xp

bedman

Hey. I've recently seen a lot of people firemaking willows next to a bank. This means they have cut them themself, or bought them. In both cases this means they've lost 30-35 gp each willow burnt.

With my method, that amount can almost be divided by three!

Ever noticed how many willows the shops have in stock? Well, I did. Mostly there are over 5k logs, so they are only 12 gp each! So I looked around the RS map to see the best spot where I can make one long line of fires (you step away automatically). And I ended up in Lumbridge. The shop always has a nice amount of logs, and there is a great spot to make "your line of fires".

So I'll show you how to do it in some steps (although it's very easy)

1) Prepare yourself

First of all, you have to know this: Members aren't stupid enough to sell their willow logs to a shop. They rather fletch them first and sell them afterwards, thus making this method only for f2p worlds.

=> Log in into a f2p world

You have to make up how many logs you are willing to burn, so you know how much cash to bring (dont risk more than you need :D). Beware, 'cause firemaking is quite boring. You also may not forgot to bring a tinderbox. But even then, the shop has one in stock!!! Haha, genius, ain't it ;)

For all the stupid people out there, this is how your inventory should look when you start:

inventory18hq.jpg

2) Go to the shop.

Well, you need some logs to burn and the shop has a large stock so... Make sure there are enough logs in stock so they are only 12 gp each.

It should look like this:

shop3ra.jpg

3) Buy the logs.

Do I have to tell you it's easier to buy them in groups of 10?

4) Go to the "special" spot.

You'll want to make as few clicking as possible, so it's the easiest to make on long line of fires. Well, ive found such a spot. I've also got a nice hint for you guys which will cause a bit less of mouse dragging: If you put your tinderbox in the middle of your inventory, it's a shorter distance to every log.

For the stupid people, like this:

inventory25xy.jpg

The routes (yes there are 2) to make your lines are like this:

routes1mn.jpg

Why 2? Because, if you are doing it fast, there will be still be fires burning from your previous run, blocking your new fires. If you alternate between the 2 routes you will be doing fine

5) Run back to the shop

Yippie, you just made one run! Thousands more to go for 99 firemaking :). But you need more logs, so just rune to the shop. The good thing its that it is just a one click on your mini map to go to the shop (see picture). Unless some "funny guy" has closed the doors...

gedaan24hv.jpg

6) Repeat as much as you want

7) Some hints and tricks

Dont wear any special armour/stuff 'cause newbies will disturb you all the time making you loose time. I cant emphasis enough on this :D

You can make 80-90k firemaking xp with this method if you keep focusing.

Its less than 0.15 gp per xp, meaning that 99 firemaking will cost you less than 2M gp!

You can only do this in a f2p world for the reason stated before.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guide, words out so jagex will change it now :lol:

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

For all the stupid people out there

:(

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

indeed a nice guide :)

too bad everyone will be there now.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Nice guide though! I want to light a mining cap! Only 33k worth of logs for it! so cheap... so awesome.....

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

i didnt think people acually didnt know that trick, ive been doing it all the time, thinking people would acually figure out that the shop has like 10k willows for 12 ea.

"Ive always tried to kill the greatest man alive, but then I finally realize that suicide is not the answer"

QsBillabong

indeed a nice guide :)

too bad everyone will be there now.

Enough worlds :)

Also, i think a lot of people will still prefer to waste their money either on willows, or yews (which are too be honest, superfast).

i didnt think people acually didnt know that trick, ive been doing it all the time, thinking people would acually figure out that the shop has like 10k willows for 12 ea.

Same here, lol. Thats why i made this small guide

Oh, kwimbom: I'm sorry man, but i really have to tell the truth. Sorry pall...

Although, there is still hope, just pay attention in class and who knows, mabye, eventually, it may go a bit better.

:D

AHA! Muy smortnass is bak! You can burn on f2p worlds too!...?

Good, good, good guide! It needs to be in Leester's Box O' Wisdom! In fact, I nominated it :D

Maybe add in there... it only works on f2p worlds really, lol, members actually use those logs.

Good, good, good guide! It needs to be in Leester's Box O' Wisdom! In fact, I nominated it :D

Maybe add in there... it only works on f2p worlds really, lol, members actually use those logs.

First of all, please dont double post. You could have just edited your previous post.

Second: Ty for nominating :)

Third: I am not a member, so i dont know what the situation is in p2p. But even then. If you are a member, you can still go on f2p worlds so i dont see the problem.

Technically if u cut the logs urself ur not making a lose though.

Just because a resource CAN be sold X amount doesn't mean ur losing that muhc if you gather it then don't sell it

eg:

account has 1mil cash

cuts 2k willow logs

burns 2k willow logs

account profit/lose = 0

since no money was paid for the logs no money is lsot by burning them and out of all the skills fm isn;t generally bought for anyway as 90% of people only buy resources for skills where they make profit (eg buy essy 40ea rc nats or laws and sell for like 400ea)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just because a resource CAN be sold X amount doesn't mean ur losing that muhc if you gather it then don't sell it

eg:

account has 1mil cash

cuts 2k willow logs

burns 2k willow logs

account profit/lose = 0

since no money was paid for the logs no money is lsot by burning them and out of all the skills fm isn;t generally bought for anyway as 90% of people only buy resources for skills where they make profit (eg buy essy 40ea rc nats or laws and sell for like 400ea)

If the guy would have cut 2k willows and sold them at 35 each he would have gotten 70K. When he uses my method then, and burns 2 logs at 12 gp each, he will have still 46k left.

However, if he would have burned his logs right after cutting (port sarim is good for this) then that would have taken less time. But i heard more than one time that people cut them in draynor, bank them, and burn them later. And in that case, my method is working fine.

Its also focused to be cheap, cause yew burning is a hell lot faster, but much more expensive.

eg:

account has 1mil cash

cuts 2k willow logs

burns 2k willow logs

account profit/lose = 0

If the guy would have cut 2k willows and sold them at 35 each he would have gotten 70K. When he uses my method then, and burns 2 logs at 12 gp each, he will have still 46k left.

However, if he would have burned his logs right after cutting (port sarim is good for this) then that would have taken less time. But i heard more than one time that people cut them in draynor, bank them, and burn them later. And in that case, my method is working fine.

Its also focused to be cheap, cause yew burning is a hell lot faster, but much more expensive.

I'm not denying that ur method makes money, I am just saying your not making any lose if u cut ur own logs. It has no effect on ur bank balance only ur xp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

well today i did firemaking, and i decided yew logs cut too slowly to burn so whats the next best thing? mahogany! ureka, literally i had gotten 18 nests in 2-3 hours. and 3 firemaking lvls.

i missed a few nests, sadly. i found like 4 rings and 8 apple 2 banana 1 curry 1 papaya 1 orange seed all in this time while cutting. not bad really.

nice find , but it sounds a bit boring lol

As apposed to other methods of firemaking....? lol...

nice find , but it sounds a bit boring lol

As apposed to other methods of firemaking....? lol...

i don't find firemaking boring as i do it with magic logs

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

you sure people arnt doing it just to get 50 fm for desert treasure cuz thats what i did right there

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Yay, I got about 60k exp like this, it's not all that bad, and it was cheap, only like 36k gp. :D

And the noobs are funny, lol. Annoying when they follow/trade spam you... or ask you lots of questions because you're high lvl... but they're funny. I reported like 3 really serious offenders and saw 2 ppl die to goblins! lol.... The guy was like "wow, that one got me down to one hp, watch me kill this next one!" (while he had no armor, but like an entire noob fortune with leather boots and gloves and runes and everything they carry, lol, though his speak had lots of typos).