59 Construction or 70 Smithing?

CWallaFried

59 con would be easier, since you can just do oak larders, which is fast and easy.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, you can honestly go either way. If you want to make money, you should go for Smithing (as long as you have picked to Smelt the bars, not make them into Armor, and it will help in the future aswell, because you will be able to smelt Adamant Bars afterwards) although it will take a long time and a large chunk of money; or if you want to go really fast you can get the 59 Construction which would be faster, but it will take a large chunk of money (the same as Smithing), but the only difference is you won't make any money in the process of training it. Hopefully, this'll help on your discision.

Another tip is that if you think long term it helps you make up your mind. Like I said: 70 Smithing may take a fair amount of time, but in the long run you'll be able to make Adamant Bars to make money. As far as Construction goes, the only thing that it's helpful within RuneScape is having a nice house, and to be honest, how often do you visit your house?

VodkaMagicxx.png

99.png

VodkaMagicxx.png

Adamant bars are terrible money afaik, smithing in general is. If you're doing either skill for profit you're not focused on levelling it quickly.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Get construction.

1) Fast

2) Might need it later for gilded altar, anyways. :)

3) Might need it for teleportation portals to places such as Kharyrll (Canifis), Varrock, etc.

I personally find smithing pretty useless as you can buy almost anything that can be smithed...

Soul_Wars.png Soul_Wars.png

Adamant bars are terrible money afaik, smithing in general is. If you're doing either skill for profit you're not focused on levelling it quickly.

They're not terrible money. They're better money than Mithril Bars. And obviously you're not focused on levelling it quickly if you go by my method, but it makes you money. Profit is profit, no matter what it is. It makes you money so you can't critique me upon my methods of money making..

VodkaMagicxx.png

99.png

VodkaMagicxx.png

Get construction.

1) Fast

3) Might need it for teleportation portals to places such as Kharyrll (Canifis), Varrock, etc.

I personally find smithing pretty useless as you can buy almost anything that can be smithed...

You may be able to buy some things from the Grand Exchange: but if you (by chance) receive a Draconic Visage (just as an example); why pay the 2000K (2M) on having Oziach make it into a Dragonfire Shield, when at 92 Smithing you can do it for free? :) And then there is the matter of certain levels for certain Quests. So yes, to some extent it is a "useless skill." This is just my opinion, some people don't mind paying the 2000K for the shield, yet others may not have the 2000K and instead either sell it, or ask for the assistance (which I believe JaGeX has fixed now, so you can't).

VodkaMagicxx.png

99.png

VodkaMagicxx.png

Get construction.

1) Fast

You may be able to buy some things from the Grand Exchange: but if you (by chance) receive a Draconic Visage (just as an example); why pay the 2000K (2M) on having Oziach make it into a Dragonfire Shield, when at 92 Smithing you can do it for free? :) And then there is the matter of certain levels for certain Quests. So yes, to some extent it is a "useless skill." This is just my opinion, some people don't mind paying the 2000K for the shield, yet others may not have the 2000K and instead either sell it, or ask for the assistance (which I believe JaGeX has fixed now, so you can't).

Visage is actually worth more than dfs atm, and if they're usellable (probably), you could req. assist,.

Oh, and 70 is nowhere near the same ballpark as 92,

WarBlastoise.png

They're not terrible money. They're better money than Mithril Bars. And obviously you're not focused on levelling it quickly if you go by my method, but it makes you money. Profit is profit, no matter what it is. It makes you money so you can't critique me upon my methods of money making..

20k/hr is not profit, it's wasting time.

How about you respect what I do.. and you can make more than 20K an hour, easily. And even if it is only 20K; 20K is 20K. Don't go running your mouth and stuff. I couldn't care less about how much money you can make; I can't even MAKE adamant bars. Look at my signiture. Do what you want and stop being an ass. :)

VodkaMagicxx.png

99.png

VodkaMagicxx.png

How about you respect what I do.. and you can make more than 20K an hour, easily. And even if it is only 20K; 20K is 20K. Don't go running your mouth and stuff. I couldn't care less about how much money you can make; I can't even MAKE adamant bars. Look at my signiture. Do what you want and stop being an ass. :)

making money in smithing other then cannonballs is a different, better route to take, cant make pretty much anything cept smelting bars or smelting cannonballs, instead of wasting money, then if he gets 70 smithing from smelting bars, he could use the money to get him farther in construction

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

How about you stop being an ass?

Giving advice to do something very bad both xp-wise and gp-wise certainly isn't helpful.

OP: Do whatever you want to get money then, if you want to train smith, superheat/smelt gold with gauntlets or get SC hammers and do mith bolts, if you like SC.

70 will be very quick to get. But so would 59 construction.

WarBlastoise.png

How can I respect what you do when what you're doing is wrong? And you can stop with the personal attacks now kiddie, calling me an ass and all.

Lets put it this way and set an end to the discussion, this is a fact.

Lets say you spend 10 hrs smelting adamant bars, you make 200k. But if you had made money 5 of these hours, you could have earned maybe 3-5 mil, and using these money to lvl the skill faster would save you the next 3-4 hours, getting the same exp as smithing bars. And you could even get more cash and time left at your needed smithing lvl.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Lets put it this way and set an end to the discussion, this is a fact.

Lets say you spend 10 hrs smelting adamant bars, you make 200k. But if you had made money 5 of these hours, you could have earned maybe 3-5 mil, and using these money to lvl the skill faster would save you the next 3-4 hours, getting the same exp as smithing bars. And you could even get more cash and time left at your needed smithing lvl.

Adding to this that smelting adamant for 10 hours is mind-numbingly boring. Many simple moneymaking methods such as dragons or chaos druids are much more enjoyable IMO.

Watch out Vodkamagixx, efficiency [bleeps] are out to get you! No one should make 20k/hr! Run fast!

Seriously! Sheesh, if the guy wants to make adamant bars let the guy make adamant bars! I know that people here are just trying to give advice, but now that the question has been given an answer, and the topic starter has chosen his method, why start a flamewar?

Rejected.jpg

Watch out Vodkamagixx, efficiency [bleeps] are out to get you! No one should make 20k/hr! Run fast!

Seriously! Sheesh, if the guy wants to make adamant bars let the guy make adamant bars! I know that people here are just trying to give advice, but now that the question has been given an answer, and the topic starter has chosen his method, why start a flamewar?

Of course this has been established, that he was using a guide instead of the Forums. This is unfortunately a most likely never-ending Flame War considering the amount of posts in a short amount of time. I obviously couldn't care less, seeming as my last post was I believe, a week or so ago? So! Yeah.. Flame War stops here. Let's be more helpful to other members, instead of arguing? :P

And thank you, All Is Great, for not simply throwing a somewhat fair amount of GP profiteering to the curb. I know there is people out there that do ONLY bars (Adamantite or Runite normally) instead of say, Adamant platebodies, since I do believe you LOSE a considerable amount of GP.

And, another thing I'd like to add to this is:

You may get more experience per hour doing Construction, if you wish to rush. But, as I stated before, Smithing is a slow skill if you're smelting bars. And, on top of that, Construction loses a considerable amount of GP, while Smithing makes money for you. I believe someone stated that, you could spend the money on getting your Smithing to 70, and then either put your money into another skill/other items, or put your money you made as a profit towards getting your Construction to 59, or higher [it all depends on your preferences].

VodkaMagicxx.png

99.png

VodkaMagicxx.png