Partyhats

Star_Fox

IMO a Phat is worth any 99 ten fold, if not one hundred fold.

I couldn't agree any more. These days 99s aren't a big deal anymore. All you have to do is look up a skill, and see there are thousands that have that 99, with some skills having over 100k!

Basically the race to get 99s ended a long time ago... now it's a race to obtain the few remaining partyhats left on the market.

I'm thinking towards having a rare is the only possible way to achieve something worthwhile. 99s can only hold on to their status for so long...Eventually

we'll be seeing 99s as a necessity rather than a whole accomplishment. Heck, even 99-100+ dungeonerring is closing towards this inevitable fact.

Despite my last quote You may still be able to grab the highest rank possible for certain skills. Like getting 200m cooking. Once you have it,

nobody else can take over your rank, placing you in that rank forever. Now that's something we can accomplish

that nobody else can!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, yes, rares are worth it. Why? Because they're discontinued. Their prices will never fall. Yes, in the case of deflation, but that's just in price, the net value of the partyhats will just keep growing and growing as time passes, to the point where it exceeds the 2147M trade limit.

If you think buying them as investing method, you Should not use all your money to buy one/plenty. Why not? Simply because you're pretty much handless, if you just stick all your net worth into single item, waiting for years it to raise. You could make so much more using the money actively to buy/sell items in short term merchanting. If you have time, money, brains and motivation to actively play with cash, they actually Are Not worth it.

So it all comes down to how you play the game? :rolleyes:

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

In my opinion, yes, rares are worth it. Why? Because they're discontinued. Their prices will never fall. Yes, in the case of deflation, but that's just in price, the net value of the partyhats will just keep growing and growing as time passes, to the point where it exceeds the 2147M trade limit.

If you think buying them as investing method, you Should not use all your money to buy one/plenty. Why not? Simply because you're pretty much handless, if you just stick all your net worth into single item, waiting for years it to raise. You could make so much more using the money actively to buy/sell items in short term merchanting. If you have time, money, brains and motivation to actively play with cash, they actually Are Not worth it.

So it all comes down to how you play the game? :rolleyes:

No. You're allowed to get rares, but they're not always the best method for making money in the long term. That's what I am trying to say, they are debatably worth it, under certain circumstances. Though, buying one now might slow you down enough so you wouldn't be able to have two in some times later... That's the freedom of choice, but we're stating opinions here, aren't we?

If we were just to play our own game and mind our own businesses, wait, what's these boards for, then?

I'm stating some stuff I liked to point out, you're free to use or not use my information, and I don't mind people trying to point out the possible flaws I might have.

AAALLSOOOO... if it would go down to how I play the game, then I would've posted in a different manner - I have bought rares in stupid situations, and still have some of them, albeit the money I have 'chained' in them is out from actually using the money.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Have they ever really been worth it?

By the maxim, an object is only worth what a buyer will pay, yes, they always have been worth their price.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Party Hats are, and always be obscenely overrated. They are only ever good to show off your wealth and even then, who actually cares any more. You could spend that money on something much more worthy.

Which, of course, depends ENTIRELY on your definition of worthy. From a certain perspective they're the most worthy item in the game, since the supply of all items is essentially going up while the supply of rares can only go down.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Party Hats are, and always be obscenely overrated. They are only ever good to show off your wealth and even then, who actually cares any more. You could spend that money on something much more worthy.

Define worth.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Define worth.

Apologies, I shouldn't have been so vague. I mean worth as in value for money.

Define worth.

Apologies, I shouldn't have been so vague. I mean worth as in value for money.

You'd still be wrong. You assume everyone values money, skills, and items the same, when they don't. I value items over useless skills, and items over money.

Stonewall337.png

say i have 99 all "buyable" skills. are you telling me it's a better waste of money to get ranks up for lols than to get a hat for lols?

say i have 99 all "buyable" skills. are you telling me it's a better waste of money to get ranks up for lols than to get a hat for lols?

In my personal opinion, Party hats are overated. I personally would rather have 100million GP to spend than have a party hat. I apologise for my earlier statement being biased and stupid.

In my personal opinion, Party hats are overated. I personally would rather have 100million GP to spend than have a party hat. I apologise for my earlier statement being biased and stupid.

what is 100 million going to do for you in your bank hmmmm? :rolleyes:

I would only consider buying one if i had every item i wish, with replacements and every buyable 99. lol.

No you wouldn't.

That's all I'm going to say because I KNOW it's true.

what is 100 million going to do for you in your bank hmmmm? :rolleyes:

I would only consider buying one if i had every item i wish, with replacements and every buyable 99. lol.

I know what I'm gonna do with 100m....So many choices, so many possibilities...with 100m, you

can buy those cool looking godswords or that must have 99 cooking/fletching I'm could show off to

all the nerds in my block...What a blessing it is to have that much money. ooooh.

The thing with actively merchanting short term is that its not that much easier to make money with say, 500 mill than say, 200 mill.

So why not throw 300 mill of that into say, 3 santa hats, wait for them to rise. And then spend that 200 mill flipping making pretty much what you made at 500 mill.

O.O

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't have one now, you never will.

I'm sorry, but it's only the truth.

Set yourself up for a new goal before it gets to the point where you say EFF IT & quit because you can't achieve that current.

I completely disagree with you. If you stick to it, you can achieve it. I have gone through acquiring one without having any rares beforehand, and I've seen many other people who have also.

Your truth is a lie.

You buy Phats with StreetPrice, not G.E. price.

Starting out as poor gets you nowhere close to the SP unless you learn to flip.

Wrong, Phats can be bought at G.E price, it is incredibly hard, but it can definately be done. Do you know why phats rise in ge? Because enough of them are being sold to rise.

I'm not quite sure how G.E updates work, but it has something to do with the quantities being sold or whether its sold or not.

For example, look at the rarest item in the game.(http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Christmas_cracker/viewitem.ws?obj=962) In 180 days, it's probably been sold in g.e under 5 times. Hence the price doesnt change.

I bought my Yellow at 75 (BGS + Mage Book + cash) when the prices crashed back in February 2009.

I've no idea what it's actually worth today in terms of "street" price -- but I tend to think I got a pretty good deal on it.

nyuseg.png

If you don't have one now, you never will.

I'm sorry, but it's only the truth.

Set yourself up for a new goal before it gets to the point where you say EFF IT & quit because you can't achieve that current.

I completely disagree with you. If you stick to it, you can achieve it. I have gone through acquiring one without having any rares beforehand, and I've seen many other people who have also.

Your truth is a lie.

You buy Phats with StreetPrice, not G.E. price.

Starting out as poor gets you nowhere close to the SP unless you learn to flip.

Wrong, Phats can be bought at G.E price, it is incredibly hard, but it can definately be done. Do you know why phats rise in ge? Because enough of them are being sold to rise.

I'm not quite sure how G.E updates work, but it has something to do with the quantities being sold or whether its sold or not.

For example, look at the rarest item in the game.(http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Christmas_cracker/viewitem.ws?obj=962) In 180 days, it's probably been sold in g.e under 5 times. Hence the price doesnt change.

Theres so many GE snipe bots out there its nigh impossible for a normal player to do this.

O.O

Botting in the GE is the same standard as botting anywhere else. If Jagex catches you doing it, you get banned.

I remember a merch complaining on his noob account that he was wrongfully banned because he was only

"trying" to grab a quick profit by attempting to be the first to put in an offer at the GE. AKA: Sniping.

Botting in the GE is the same standard as botting anywhere else. If Jagex catches you doing it, you get banned.

How does jagex differentiate a GE snipe bot and a normal sniper?

I've done some sniping myself, and i can tell you its just starting at the screen and waiting for the GE notifier, while pressing the buttons everynow and then to prevent logoff.

I remember a merch complaining on his noob account that he was wrongfully banned because he was only

"trying" to grab a quick profit by attempting to be the first to put in an offer at the GE. AKA: Sniping.

So what? Unless they were all banned at once itil still be just as impossible to snipe a phat.

Theres hundreds of snipe bots, and hundreds of normal players who also want to snipe the item. Its simply not a legitimate option for a normal player to take unless your very, very lucky. And considering sniping is pretty much the only way your gonna get a phat off GE...

O.O

I'm recently back from a long (about 6 years) break in playing. I had a white and two red party hats back then, and let them go in a drop party (with everything else) before I left...paid 3 mil each for the reds and 5 mil for the white...way back.

So will I ever try to get one back? Not at what they cost now...just not worth it to me. Do I care that other people have tons of them and they are worth billions? Not at all! If they make the game fun for you, go for it. If not, play for what does make it fun. I'd rather have some of the new gear...well, I suppose a slayer helm is not "new gear" to most of you, but for me, some of the new armours and weapons beat the "rares" in terms of desire.

I do miss my santa hat though...I actually got it on the day of the drop while smelting steel in Fally. good times.