3rd bind

ghjkl

I don't have over 100, but it would be a matter of filling in that third bit until you get something more useful to replace it with. Not sure what you have binded just now.

Assuming you have Hood and Weapon:

1st:Shadow Silk Hood

2nd: Prom Spear P++/Prom 2H

3rd: Prom Platebody

Then if you get access to a blood necklace/hex bow etcetera, bind it over the platebody.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Sorry i'm not 100 dg, but it'd be good to know what you currently have bound, and what roles you usually play.

But mainly, i think the 3rd bind is more flexible than the first 2, and you can play around with a bunch of stuff.

Staurolite.png

I key like maybe 1/3 of the time. I have a hood and baxe bound (baxe is so I could use tank when I key), but now I'm thinking of getting my 2h back and a prom plate.

I don't think you'd be getting much input if it was 100 dg only but...

If you are comfortable with the damage you receive with two binds i would suggest not getting a defensive bind, but rather an offensive one(blood neck, gold pres bracelet, prim boots/gloves, sag short or celestial cat staff).

If however you enjoy dungeons more with defense, i would bind a letherbody with 2h(doesn't change accuracy too much) or platebody/guardians ward with baxe.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

[99 dung about to get 100]

Almost everyone binds a platebody for good reason. An alternative is a blood necklace because it heals you AND increases your offensive abilities. It doesn't give much defence though. A Hexhunter Bow combined with promethium arrows p++ speeds up dungeons a noticeable amount (especially Occult floors) and is a very good alternative to a platebody if you are OK with damage taken.

Don't count on getting a blood necklace or HHB right away though. Bind a promethium platebody, see if you like the amount of defence provided, and if not, bind the next HHB/Blood necklace/Cat staff you see.

2496 Completionist

I key like maybe 1/3 of the time. I have a hood and baxe bound (baxe is so I could use tank when I key), but now I'm thinking of getting my 2h back and a prom plate.

We'll it seems like you don't key THAT much, I'd suggest going with a t11 staff bind. Try that out, and if it doesn't work too well, then you can switch to the prom plate, I find it pretty easy to find armour in dungeons anyway and you can probably get along just fine with some t8 or t7 armour.

Staurolite.png

Since I am almost 98dung, I was thinking for a while what to bind. IF you are keying often, I think Ward could be good, because of its defense bonuses(it gives also big bonuses to mage),+ if u combine it with Tank ring, it's pretty good.

When people are lucky enough, they bind Hexhunterbow, but these are VERY RARE, so I think you should stick to Prom pl8 :)

CSF leader

therisingsigfx0.png

1dedecekefb.jpg

Primal rapier or promethium longsword? Since you have a primal baxe bound already (for tanking), you might also do good with a stab weapon.

If stab really fails that much, probably a celestial catalytic staff or sagittarian longbow (with sagg arrows p++) as a 3rd. For armor you can just make it in the dungeon itself... and even then, it wouldn't do much good since Daemonheim monsters are extremely accurate with their attacks.

Keep in mind I'm no pro in members dunge, and have no idea how armor has an effect. But I suspect it's around the same premise as f2p.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Primal rapier or promethium longsword? Since you have a primal baxe bound already (for tanking), you might also do good with a stab weapon.

If stab really fails that much, probably a celestial catalytic staff or sagittarian longbow (with sagg arrows p++) as a 3rd. For armor you can just make it in the dungeon itself... and even then, it wouldn't do much good since Daemonheim monsters are extremely accurate with their attacks.

Keep in mind I'm no pro in members dunge, and have no idea how armor has an effect. But I suspect it's around the same premise as f2p.

Really off the mark a bit here.

A promethium 2h (closely followed by a primal battleaxe) is the best weapon for ALL monsters. A second weapon such as a primal rapier does little. The exception would be a primal maul for crush, but it is a horrible waste of a bind slot to bind two melee weapons.

As far as range weapons go, there are only two times you need to range in a dungeon: when you get Necrolord as a boss or when you have a Hexhunter bow bound. The HHB is a very usable item and I'd say it's theoretically the best item to bind. One trouble with it is deciding which ring class to use - Desperado or Berserker. It's not worth it to bind bows/arrows specifically for Necrolord since t10 bows can be made with little extra time used if you cut a few t10 logs throughout the dungeon and since Fractite arrows are provided by Smuggler. A t11 bow and t11 arrows save perhaps a minute per Necrolord over t10 bow t5 arrows, but since you can no longer alch arrows, having 125 law runes bound means you can get a quick start with always enough cash for toolkit, astrals, and cosmics.

I've never considered binding a staff. If you take the time to make runes in dungeoneering (which is borderline even worth it, considering that you need to get cash, come back to the starting room, and then spend time crafting for a minimal boost in killing speeds), a damage increase is simply unnecessary. If the staff provided a certain number of spells every dungeon before you needed to add more runes to it, I would be much more inclined to use it. However, due to the runecrafting time requirements as well as minimal usefulness on bosses, a staff is definitely not the best bind option.

Armor is underrated. If your entire team has platebodies, you will never need to stop and fish for food or cook food for the boss. It is a night and day difference; if you are using the right techniques to do guardian doors, a plate is the difference between a couple of salve eels and no food used at all. Making armor inside a dungeon is a bad decision: you shouldn't take time off from opening doors to mine and smith, and if you have a spare moment, any ores collected should go towards boots and gloves for the strength bonus. This is part of the reason why good teams can do dungeons so quickly while others take ages. A team with platebodies can rush through all rooms with no regard for personal safety and still be ready to boss immediately. It cuts out as much as 10+ minutes of fishing, cooking, coin collecting, and other general preparation. Anyone can key a dungeon and find the boss door within 15-20 minutes. The secret is in doing the boss and the rest of the rooms and finishing under 25-30.

2496 Completionist

A promethium 2h (closely followed by a primal battleaxe) is the best weapon for ALL monsters. A second weapon such as a primal rapier does little. The exception would be a primal maul for crush, but it is a horrible waste of a bind slot to bind two melee weapons.

False, for low def/stab weak monsters a Primal Rapier easily beats the 2H

As far as range weapons go, there are only two times you need to range in a dungeon: when you get Necrolord as a boss or when you have a Hexhunter bow bound. The HHB is a very usable item and I'd say it's theoretically the best item to bind. One trouble with it is deciding which ring class to use - Desperado or Berserker. It's not worth it to bind bows/arrows specifically for Necrolord since t10 bows can be made with little extra time used if you cut a few t10 logs throughout the dungeon and since Fractite arrows are provided by Smuggler. A t11 bow and t11 arrows save perhaps a minute per Necrolord over t10 bow t5 arrows, but since you can no longer alch arrows, having 125 law runes bound means you can get a quick start with always enough cash for toolkit, astrals, and cosmics.

I agree on the bow, if you rush, definitely want laws, if you don't rush. I'd do Bloods (unless you can make them) or Sag arrows.

I've never considered binding a staff. If you take the time to make runes in dungeoneering (which is borderline even worth it, considering that you need to get cash, come back to the starting room, and then spend time crafting for a minimal boost in killing speeds), a damage increase is simply unnecessary. If the staff provided a certain number of spells every dungeon before you needed to add more runes to it, I would be much more inclined to use it. However, due to the runecrafting time requirements as well as minimal usefulness on bosses, a staff is definitely not the best bind option.

While I wouldn't bind a staff, I disagree that magic isn't useful to use for combat, it takes maybe a minute or two to make runes for 50 fire surges, which speeds up any GD Warrior kills, and is great on some bosses (like gravecreeper, skeletal trio meleer)

Armor is underrated. If your entire team has platebodies, you will never need to stop and fish for food or cook food for the boss. It is a night and day difference; if you are using the right techniques to do guardian doors, a plate is the difference between a couple of salve eels and no food used at all. Making armor inside a dungeon is a bad decision: you shouldn't take time off from opening doors to mine and smith, and if you have a spare moment, any ores collected should go towards boots and gloves for the strength bonus. This is part of the reason why good teams can do dungeons so quickly while others take ages. A team with platebodies can rush through all rooms with no regard for personal safety and still be ready to boss immediately. It cuts out as much as 10+ minutes of fishing, cooking, coin collecting, and other general preparation. Anyone can key a dungeon and find the boss door within 15-20 minutes. The secret is in doing the boss and the rest of the rooms and finishing under 25-30.

:thumbup:

I'd bind a body for your 3rd, and Law/blood runes as ammo (depending on dungeoneering style)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Almost all the 100+ dungeoneerers I've seen bind hood + 2h/baxe + platebody. Although the blood necklace is an option, I think it is inferior to the platebody due to its minimal bonuses and healing abilities. Personally, I have hood and baxe bound, will bind a platebody as soon as I get 100 dungeoneering, and will switch to a hexhunter when I get one.

Hegel.png

I'm 100 dung with

Gorgo Spear P++ ( I like all att styles while using shared)

Gorgo Platebody

Shadow Silk Hood

Also I got 125 Bloods binded, and at beginning or near beginning I try to get cash for utuku staff(fire staff) and air runes.

I do bloods over laws because, I generally only use about 40-50 laws/dungeon.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

False, for low def/stab weak monsters a Primal Rapier easily beats the 2H

I apologize for bad wording. I should have said it's the best overall; a rapier belongs in a supporting role at best.

While I wouldn't bind a staff, I disagree that magic isn't useful to use for combat, it takes maybe a minute or two to make runes for 50 fire surges, which speeds up any GD Warrior kills, and is great on some bosses (like gravecreeper, skeletal trio meleer)

Range is as good as mage with a staff on gravecreeper. Skeletal Trio Meleer is the one boss you can mage, but it's 1/3 of one boss which I don't consider significant. It does help for meleers, but they go down plenty easy to crush/slash (depending on body) and leech defence, so mage is really only saving several combat rounds.

Overall, I'd say that a HHB or staff would be the best third bind theoretically but in practice it's much easier to use a melee platebody and melee everything (not to mention not having to get HHB drop).

2496 Completionist