Space

archimage_a

Wait, who died? How? What happened? :blink:

And don't forget my questions. <_<

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are Meson Blasters?

What are Anti-Proton devices?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Space/Weapons.txt

Although the Database for ship weapons the information is largely the same.

Meson Blaster

Type: Direct Fire

Fire Rate: Three times per Round

Range: 2

Damage: 2

(High rate of fire, low range, low damage)

Anti-Proton Beam

Type: Direct Fire

Fire Rate: Twice per Round

Range: 3

Damage: 2

(High Rate of Fire, Moderate range, low damage)

Anti-Proton Shotgun changes range to 1 and damage to 5.

What is the AI Code, and was it used to replace Override Code Margana?

It is the replacement for Override Code Margana.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Oh. I'm still at a loss regarding personal equipment. Where is the information on the "VISOR" thingymajig and Dmitri's exosuit?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

There is no information on them currently (Keeping a record of all of the items, in detail, quickly gets out of hand when people start picking up rocks, bits of wood and such...or, like Dmitri's Exosuit, where it is welded together from lots of different items)

Anywho, the VISOR:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VISOR#VISOR

Exosuit:

Sg10_13.jpg

History Lesson, is on site in the info database.

[hide]

1990: To mark the 40th Anniversary of NATO a celebration is held, with all of the leaders of their respective countries.

In Russia a coup overthrows Gorbachev.

A bomb detonates at NATO headquarters, killing the elected leaders of most of the Western World.

2010: After 20 years of panic and contraversy things finally look like they are settling down. The offical death toll is 30 million, half as many as were killed in the Second World War.

2015: Switzerland begins testing Chemical Weapons.

2016: France and West Germany Ally and invade East Germany.

East Germany surrenders and together they form the Terran Federation.

2017: China invades and conquers India.

2018: Iraq, supported by Switzerland, invades and occupies much of the Middle East.

America launches an invasion of the Middle East.

Switzerland drops Nerve Gas, from P-Jets, onto the American Mainland.

American takes the matter to the United Nations, then ignores the UN and fires two Nuclear warheads into Switzerland.

The Terran Federation use spacebourne lasers to destroy the missiles and announce the end of ALL Nuclear War.

2022: Russia invades the Middle East. Switzerland attempts to nerve gas bomb the Russians, but advances in laser technology destroys the P-Jets in the air.

Russia occupies the Middle East.

2023: The Middle East Explodes.

2026: Argentina and Brazil form the League of South American Nations.

2027: All the nations in South American join the League of South American Nation.

Argentina and Switzerland exchange technologies, and Argentina bombs the capitals of other South American Countries(In secret).

Argentina assumes control of South America.

2028: American invades Cuba and Central America.

2029: Japan sends aid to Australia, Somalia and Singapore.

2030: Singapore, Somalia and Australia join the Greater Japanese Empire.

2031: The Greater Japanese Empire absorbs the whole of Oceania.

2032: The Rhine River is cut off mysteriously. When Terran Federation troops investigate they discover Switzerland built a Solar Powered Dam across the river.

The Terran Federation and Switzerland say the other has declared war and launch massive attacks.

2035: Norway colonises the Moon.

2036: Switzerland and the Terran Federation put aside their differences and invade Norway to prevent Space from being colonised.

Norway resists using its awesome power.

Switzerland and the Terran Federation invade the rest of Europe to gain more support.

2037: With Europe Conquered, as well as North Africa, the Terran Federation and Switzerland attack and destroy Norway using the secret RFG system discovered in Italy.

2038: America and Britian space craft are shot down by Switzerland.

The Terran Federation announces that any and all space craft will be shot down, thus creating the 'Anti-Space League'.

2040: China and American launch a joint operation to build a space ship in two halves, tricking the Terran Federation. Britain, being considerably more sneaky, doesn't announce their space ship until it has landed on Ceres.

The Terran Federation and Switzerland Declare war on Britian. Britian uses its alliance with Japan to invade Russia, hoping for additional support before the reset, however fails to beat Russia fully and it counter attacks.

America then declares war on Russia to protect Japan, which leads to China declaring war on America.

With all this war going on Argentina attacks Florida and tells America that it will leave America alone if it ceeds Florida to them.

2041: Turkey launches ICBMs at Japan to protect Russia. The Terran Federation, not thinking people would actually launch ICBMs any more has not upgraded its missile defence systems.

A mad dash to rearm ICBMs with as many weapons as physically possible develops.

Japan launches first, destroying Turkey in a cloud of Anthrax, but is soon followed by the rest of the world, launching all manner of WMDs at each other.

2042: All countries agree that the war needs to end. Japan then sneak attack Russia, but Russia is sneak attacking Japan also. China and the Terran Federation invade Africa to get more cities and America contines to fight South America for control of Florida.

2045: The fighting finally stops after someone notices that they made an accounting error and actually everyone has run out of money.

2046: The UN propose 'Await developments' in responce to the Swiss Nerve Gas Attack in 2018.

2058: Religion is abolished after certain comments are censored by forces unknown.

2067: Japan launches a space mission, ostensibly to see if Anthrax can survive in Outer Space, but actually to plant a base on Ganymede. Switzerland launches a space ship after it, before realising that it is not allowed to have one...Switzerland then goes on holiday for five years.

2069: Having got nowhere with Switzerland, the Terran Federation allies with Argentina and establishes an Anti-Ship missile grid. Unfortunately China and Russia had already invested a considerable sum of money in their spaceships and so were allowed to launch them.

2071: Realising that alot of countries were now in space, America decides to announce that they have built a space station outside the missile grid. The Terran Federation subsequently scanned all of the solar system to make sure no one else had put a space station into orbit. To facilitate this task they built a colony on Mars and allowed Argentina to build a colony on the Moon.

2072: A lot of countries whine about not being allowed to get into space.

2073: Switzerland gets back from holiday and sends everyone a map with 'Planitia Shipyard' on. The Terran Federation complains to the UN, but the UN seems to have lost interest.

2074: Japan announces it is building a new super starship, at Ganymede, capable of travelling outside the star system. A lot of countries whine about this on Earth and all of the other space countries(except Britian) thing this is a bad idea and so threaten to invade Japan. Japan threatens to spend all the money from their Super Starship on Anthrax missiles.

Switzerland objects to this but is ignored.

2075: The UN gets back after their internet went down and apparently will go down again for a few years. It says that only one ship, with people from all nations, will be allowed to leave the star system.

After much disagreement it is accepted that it is the only way to stop the world from falling apart.

2076: The ISS Unity is built and launched.

[/hide]

Meh. Alright.

So Tactical Officers cannot research anything? Or just weapons? And how do you gain skills, what are those for?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So Tactical Officers cannot research anything? Or just weapons? And how do you gain skills, what are those for?

Anyone can research anything.

Skills are gained through spending merit, which is aquired from missions(success is not required, but suvival is).

Skills provide boosts to items/system.

For example, at level 10 Navigation, the ship recieves 1 bonus speed.

Oh the controversiy:

Holy [cabbage], Norway colonized the moon, we can't accept that.

Holy [cabbage], Norway beat the crap out our assault force, everyone; let's strike!

Holy [cabbage], we actually beat Norway, now let's continue fighting eachother.

Holy [cabbage], peace, now let's continue what Norway started.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Why is Mather presiding over the Space and Space_Online channels? :huh:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Wait.. What? Mather, how does that confuzzling sentence mean fussion cutters in the near future.. I was going to buy them an.. Wait, retech got 5000 when half are cargo went missing????.... I demand we lock retech out of the cargo hold if he has not gotten explicit agreeance from everyone, or everyone else is dead. (not unconcious, seeing as he has sleep gas..)

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I can lock him out, if you want.

Also, when are we going off-ship? Just out of curiosity, I'm fine for now.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I can already lock him out, dude. I can also lock you out from the systems as well.. But, i wanted a decision by the crewbefore we started, so there wouldn't be "OMG why did you do this???!!!1111one!!?" [cabbage] that we seem to go through every time someone wants to use the bathroom..

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

You may leave the ship at any time.(The next session will start on Saturday/Sunday(Probably in the morning, GMT, it will depend on Family Stuff))

Missing Cargo:

Error, logs have been erased.

Speculation:

Jen is Human

Humans cannot lift 3,000 Tonnes

Ergo, Jen could not steal the cargo.

Also, corridors are 2 meters wide.

Some missing cargo containers are larger than 2 meters.

Ergo, cargo was not stolen manually.

The transporter could have been used, voice records show that the AI warned of transporter use.

Ergo Cargo was transported by the Transporter.

Conclusion: Locking Jen out of the Cargobay solves nothing.

True.. hmm.. Ah, i know.. But, first, do we want to elect a captain among us, or do we want to be a conglomerate of power?...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Aprently retech took a special seceret mission from the japanese, which involved a space probe and several japanese connections. Despite this being a faulty cover up, if it's true, then we hae no idea as to why the cargo went missing, unless the probe took up that much space in the cargo hold..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I can already lock him out, dude. I can also lock you out from the systems as well.. But, i wanted a decision by the crewbefore we started, so there wouldn't be "OMG why did you do this???!!!1111one!!?" [cabbage] that we seem to go through every time someone wants to use the bathroom..

Earthsage, I'd like to see you try locking me out.

Also, I would suggest either Dusty or myself for Captain.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Because it was a secret, maybe? And yes, i actually can lock you out, and if a captain is elected, he can lock it permanently. (Tho, that dude won't be me. No [bleep]ing way i'd be good as a captain)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

What, Seriously? When did you have an election?... While i wasn't there?..

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Earth:

Correct.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Correct.

Incorrect.

Dusty:

Incorrect.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex:

Correct,

Correct,

Correct,

correct,

incorrect

Dude, i can us my code to lock you out temporarily, or change it to a secret one. AND if a captain is eleced, he would be able to make an overide code higher up than any you could make, thus locking you out of systems indefinaitley.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]