Space

archimage_a

Damnit, it had to start while i was busy?

EDIT: Where to hell do i go?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player: Nexaduro

Name: Faust

Position: Tactical

Nationality: Terran Federation

1) A workmate tells you they are about to reverse the polarity of their toothbrush, what do you do?

I inquire as to what they intend to achieve with that, ask how I may help, and forbid it pending further inquiry with more knowledgeable crew members should I lack adequate understanding of the situation.

2) You are given a chance to travel back in time, what do you do?

Keep to either crowded cities or empty countryside, avoiding interference and observing the military tactics and culture of past civilizations. Possibly take a small detour to verify questions posed by ancient myths and religion.

3) A ship decloaks off the starboard bow, what do you do?

Attempt immediate contact, and if intentions seem less than peaceful heavily overstate the capacities of the ship's armour and arnament. Direct attention away from weak spots. Record the entire conversation in the primary systems as well as on several backups using various recording methods and devices.

4) A race of aliens destroys your shields in a single shot and disables all your weapons and power systems, what do you do?

Assuming contact can be made with significant time before the next volley, and depending on the nature of the alien culture and war procedures, either surrender, commend their strength and make a gesture of comraderie and respect, or attempt to bluff the ship out of danger and warn the aliens against further hostility. If contact cannot be made or another volley is imminent, immediately initiate procedures for evasive manuevers and ship evacuation.

5) There is a bomb onboard the ship. The only way to save the ship is to open an airlock which you and the bomb happen to be in, what do you do?

Attempt to disarm, beam away, or otherwise inhibit the destructive capabilities of the bomb. If the sacrifice must be made, so be it, though I would take any action possible to ensure my survival (such as donning any available space gear, or moving the bomb to the edge of the airlock and opening it for only an instant) so long as it does not endanger the ship or crew.

6) An alien has taken control of the bridge. A medical officer has prepared a deadly nerve gas to kill the alien, but your captain and three other officers are also on the bridge, what do you do?

Attempt negotiation, ask for contact with the officers, give nothing away of our position or weaponry. Attempt a rescue, and only use the gas if all else that does not explicitly risk anyone's life but my own fails.

7) While working one day you recieve a secret transmission from an unknown source, who claims to be working for the government. The person offers you 20,000,000 energy credits (Enough money to never have to care about anything ever again) to kill a fellow crewmember, what do you do?

Assuming an audio-only transmission that is composed of "send a message, recieve a message" I immedidiately contact my government, if possible, on a secure channel in an attempt to verify the source's credibility, followed by an inquiry as to the reason for the request. Should it be justifiable, I have the captain inform the crew of this issue (unless it's a matter of utmost secrecy, in which case only the captain is informed) and suggest action be taken against them. If I acquire the money, I use it to further the ship's capabilities and perhaps spend a bit personally and send some to family and friends.

8) You feel dizzy and lightheaded, what do you do?

Immediately report to the nearest (trustworthy) medical facility. I ask for a full diagnosis and checkup, making sure I am not endangering myself or the crew in continuing duty. I take any necessary precautions to ensure that I am not a liability. Should this happen in a situation in which it cannot be explained, I attempt to solve the problem myself. Meditation and self-medication are both reasonable approachs to this issue. Of course, I inform my comrades of this ailment, and redesignate tasks I feel insufficient to accomplish.

9) You are given the opportunity to open on Broadway, Play the Lead in a Hollywood Film, Take a flight through the Sun, Open a Military Training Academy or Bring about World Peace, which do you do?

Hrm. Tough one. The first two are ridiculous and unnecessary, so they are immediately out. A flight through the sun is interesting, but dangerous and useless unless it is used an opportunity to gather information. A good Military Training Academy is useful, as well-trained troops and leaders are vital for the protection of any civilization. World peace... if such is universal, taking the word "World" as encompassing existence, or unites all humanity so that we no longer bicker among ourselves, this is the immediate choice to come to mind. If, however, it inhibits the human capacity to fight at all it could easily become a liability should some threat to humanity become evident.

This question requires further rumination on my part.

10) There are two missiles. You have the ability to destroy one of them. Once is aimed at the Residential Sector and one is aimed at the Industrial Sector. Which missile do you destroy?

Well, obviously I would attempt to destroy one in such a way that the other is taken out in the blast. Otherwise, it would depend on which section is most heavily populated, most essential to the survival of the ship, and most easily replaceable. Also, any evacuation or evasive maneuvering that could be performed in the time before impact would of course be top priority. Jettison of inorganic contents of the ship to provide a buffer would also be a possible option.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

SpaceGame

Character - Icu (I forgot my guys name)

SKills

Merits: 60

Inventory

Scoped Pistol

Scoped Anti proton rifle

Anti proton shotgun

Discoveries

Shotguns

Laser scopes

Yeah I made an anti proton shotgun and scopes for guns now. I'll be making snipers soon. I'll then improve the guns, the designs are open to everyone when.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Dusty, I didn't know whcih IRC to use.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Player: Retech

Name: Jen Sonla (Generic name ftw!)

Position: Medic

Nationality: Japanese

Merit: 5

Energy Credits: 5,000

Inventory: Ripple beam

Anti-fungal Serum

Anti-Bacterial Serum

Anti Viral Serum

Sleeping Serum

Tracer serum

Cyanide Serum

Stimulant Serum

Six-Hour Memory Erasing Serum

Cyanide Gas

Gas Grenades

Med-Kit

Medical Scanner

Syringe Gun

Skills: None

Technobabble Tokens: 10

Note that the knowledge for the production of the inventions I made are not on the ship computers, but are stowed secretly somewhere on the ship.

----

Also, I suggest we get more bays to build a refinery and bio weapons lab soon. Bio weapons = Pwned aliens

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Player Nom: Earthgragonsage

Name: Earth

MErit: 0

Energy credits: o

Invesntory:

ID of a dead jap,

meson pistol

code breaker,

Comm device,

med-kit,

(don't know if i had more.)

Discoveries:

Shuttle Bay upgrade.

Drones.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Ok, first session has finished.

Important information:

Science bay is currently on fire(has been burning for some hours)

300 kT(Out of 500 kT) of cargo has been stolen while orbiting Ganymede

5,000 Energy Credits were wired to Jen's Account while orbiting Ganymede

Turrets, armed with Meson Blasters, have been installed on the bridge, in the corridors outside the Bridge, in Parts Storage, in the Medical Bay, in the Science Lab and in the Transporter

The armoury is now stocked with Anti-Proton Shotguns and Laser Sights

The AI has been given the Nex Protocel and the AI Code. Code is 42363 and must be entered before making any changes to the AIs base program.

Currently in orbit of Planitia.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Player: Stork/Pie

Name: Theros

Position: Tactical

Nationality: Russian

Merits: 90

Energy Credits: None, I think.

Tech Tokens: 10. Unless I used one every time I asked Archi for a different anagram, in which case I probably have like -32.

New Discoveries: Plasma 'nades, Small Railgun.

Inventory List:

6 Plasma 'nades

Small railgun

Pistol with an adjective I can't remember

Belt to hold it all

Very successful first session, I would say. When's the next?

a70c7.png

Player name: Grim_

Name: Dmitri

Position: Engineer

Nationality: Russian

Merit: 30?

Tech tokens:10

Inventory

Battlesuit (canister holster, rope anchor, flashlight mounted on shoulder, VISOR mounted in helmet, Communicator mounted in helmet)

Toolbox

Meson Pistol

Personal Cloaking Device

Discoveries

Level 2 exosuit

Personal cloaking device

LNYvk.png

To make gas grenades like a [wagon] when she could have just [bleep]ing asked. I'll ghet the drones to repair that area as soon as we get some fusion cuytters, put out the fires, and remind jen to not set our ship on fire.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

To make gas grenades like a [wagon] when she could have just [bleep]ing asked. I'll ghet the drones to repair that area as soon as we get some fusion cuytters, put out the fires, and remind jen to not set our ship on fire.

And by then, I'll have enough weaponry to destroy the ship at will prevent more crap like that from happening.

Besides, the AI would never let me destroy the ship.

a70c7.png

The funny thing is, she can't make those grenades, she was tols repeatedly it'd require a bio warefare area, and we don't have any free areas on the ship. It'd require a new ship and stuff.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Negatory, ICU. As soon as we get the fusion cutters for the Drones, I'll be able to upgrade our hulls over time, in order to gain a new bay every once in a while.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

The funny thing is, she can't make those grenades, she was tols repeatedly it'd require a bio warefare area, and we don't have any free areas on the ship. It'd require a new ship and stuff.

As I recall, it required access to all the bays OR a biowarfare suite. And I've already completed research for the gas grenades. :thumbup:

I set fire to the science lab because someone put turrets in there that would shoot me, and there were no scientists to let me in.

Science bay is currently on fire(has been burning for some hours)

300 kT(Out of 500 kT) of cargo has been stolen while orbiting Ganymede

5,000 Energy Credits were wired to Jen's Account while orbiting Ganymede

This also seems very suspicious, because I was the one to set course to Ganymede (a Japanese colony), but the 5k energy credits were for a completely different reason. Remember that the Japanese are colonizers/scanners, not thieves. I went to Ganymede because I wanted a cool weapon, which is what I got.

---

Oh Archi, in the crew manifest, the link for Earth goes to Mather. And I just realized that lots of Russians were xenophobic towards Japanese. :(

All Russians are now on the back of the treatment list!

Actually, I'll reset that. I'll be looking out for the xenophobia though!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Ok, first session has finished.

Important information:

Turrets, armed with Meson Blasters, have been installed on the bridge, in the corridors outside the Bridge, in Parts Storage, in the Medical Bay, in the Science Lab and in the Transporter

The armoury is now stocked with Anti-Proton Shotguns and Laser Sights

The AI has been given the Nex Protocel and the AI Code. Code is 42363 and must be entered before making any changes to the AIs base program.

Currently in orbit of Planitia.

What are Meson Blasters?

What are Anti-Proton devices?

What is the AI Code, and was it used to replace Override Code Margana?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;