Salary Cap

Faux

MLB has a salary cap. But they added a luxury tax for teams that go over it (if you spend more than the salary cap on players then you pay the league some amount of money). That said, I do agree that unless more teams start using that tax to their advantage, scrap it and have the cap be what it is supposed to be.

MLB has a salary cap. But they added a luxury tax for teams that go over it (if you spend more than the salary cap on players then you pay the league some amount of money). That said, I do agree that unless more teams start using that tax to their advantage, scrap it and have the cap be what it is supposed to be.

That's more of a salary penalty than a salary cap. Go the way the NHL did and make it a mandatory limit.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

That's more of a salary penalty than a salary cap. Go the way the NHL did and make it a mandatory limit.

It's a cap, but a lousy way to use it. They should scrap the luxury tax. Only a few teams can afford to pay it. And some that can (the Blue Jays, for example) won't.

There *should* be salary caps, but then you get stuff like this.

Yeah I was gonna post this..

I like the idea, although with the NRLs salary cap means that lots of players can get paid alot more for going overseas, but it can't really be increased as there isn't that much money..

It also makes a fairer/ evener competetition which is probaly more interesting to watch.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

What's the average (yearly) salaries in the american sports?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Bud Selig is a stubborn little [puncture], so I highly doubt any changes will be made as long as he's commissioner.

I think if one was instituted, the MLBPA would have to agree to it. That's a problem.

If they do agree to it, the cap would have to be done over a certain period of years, as in make an initial cap and lower it over the course of X years to the agreed upon spot, because telling teams over the cap that they need to dump half their team to make the cap in one year would not be good business.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Bud Selig is a stubborn little [puncture], so I highly doubt any changes will be made as long as he's commissioner.

I think if one was instituted, the MLBPA would have to agree to it. That's a problem.

If they do agree to it, the cap would have to be done over a certain period of years, as in make an initial cap and lower it over the course of X years to the agreed upon spot, because telling teams over the cap that they need to dump half their team to make the cap in one year would not be good business.

That is essentially what the NHL did and teams are still having trouble.

Depends what sport.

Highest paid hockey player in NA is Vincent Lecavalier, making $10 million/year.

Highest paid football player in NA is Peyton Manning, making $15.8 million/year.

Highest paid basketball player in NA is Tracy McGrady, making $23.3 million/year.

Highest paid baseball player in NA is Alex Rodriguez, making $33 million/year.

As you can see, it varies quite a bit from sport to sport. (2009 values)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Depends what sport.

Highest paid hockey player in NA is Vincent Lecavalier, making $10 million/year.

Highest paid football player in NA is Peyton Manning, making $15.8 million/year.

Highest paid basketball player in NA is Tracy McGrady, making $23.3 million/year.

Highest paid baseball player in NA is Alex Rodriguez, making $33 million/year.

As you can see, it varies quite a bit from sport to sport. (2009 values)

Lol Tracy making 23m a year? Thats kinda like Barry Zito's contract for the Giants.

I would very much like to see MLB establish a salary cap. The Yankees would go down the drain in a heartbeat. The Red Sox and Phillies? Forget about them. All those fans on the east coast only come to the park because of these high profile players. If you get a bunch of scrappy veterans who do their job, nobody will go see them play. Most fans are bandwagon fans wherever you look. Take away the extravagant 25m a year players and the fans will disperse. The salary cap will give some teams like the Orioles, Pirates, and Athletics a chance to compete again. All these teams have to take a really long time to rebuild their organization which are lagging behind. There will be no clear cut choice for a playoff team if the cap is established.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

In before the NFL blackout.

Honestly, salary caps kept hockey alive and, imo, made the sport thrive like it hasn't before. It's what saved the Penguins and a lot of other teams. I would like to see it bring some real competition to other sports. I'm looking at you, New York. Screw you, New York.

hzvjpwS.gif