Druv's goals and achievements - 80M RC

Reached some milestones today:

50M Cook:

50mcook.png

1,1B XP:

11bxp.png

No idea if they are worth it, I just use them. Haha. :P

Is maging ice stryks faster than meleeing and cannoning? No idea tbh.

Grats on 50M cook. Do you know the gp/xp for making wines?

Hm, guess I'll start recording xp/h on the tasks I do + do some tests at Ice wyrms.

And wines are about 8,5 gp/xp atm. I was gonna do wines at first but ended up doing most of the xp with rocktails. Perfect to do while studying :thumbup:

And wines are about 8,5 gp/xp atm. I was gonna do wines at first but ended up doing most of the xp with rocktails. Perfect to do while studying :thumbup:

Same. Rocktails ftw. :)

They used to profit but now you lose a little. :( Only thing that sucks.

Grats on 1.1b.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Today I completed my 1000th task in a row. It should be higher but I've reset it a few times for no reason. I found a screenshot in this thread that I posted on 31th of december. At that time I had 44,817M slayer XP and 674 tasks completed. Now, after 1k tasks, I'm at 53,093M XP. No effigies or anything used on Slayer, except buying 10k slayer XP once because of lag, so let's say 53,083M XP. That's 8,266M slayer xp in 326 tasks which gives an average of ~25,356 XP/task. So assuming I keep getting this average xp/task and with no dragonkin-lamps used on slayer I'll need to do ~5794 more tasks. My final task count would then be 6794 tasks. Give or take a few hundred, I'll probably end somewhere between 6500-7000.

1ktasks.png

I also tested some slayer XP-rates today, some in try hard mode, and some in afk mode.

Dagannoths: (Try-hard, lighthouse, cannon, steel titan, 1500 pop world, empty)

107,486 slayer xp/h and a whooping ~497k OA xp/h.

Dark beasts: (Kura DG, AFK, alone)

38,226 slayer xp/h which also was 152,685 def xp/h

Kalphites: (Do no evil-cave, multi-tasking, 1870 pop, timing is prolly 1 min give or take off, but gives an estimation)

56,856 slayer xp/h

Bloodvelds (multi-tasking, cannon, titan, 1000 pop)

82,274 slayer xp/h

Ice wyrms (Fire surge (ahrims, c staff, surgebox), no cannon, alone)

46,909 slayer xp/h

Waterfiends (multi-tasking, CT, C maul, titan)

37,298 slayer xp/h

Hellhounds (try hard, res dungeon, 1500 pop, titan, cannon)

88,508 slayer xp/h

So, it looks like the small increase of slayer monster spawns boosted the xp-rates quite a bit at especially dagannoths, hellhounds and bloodvelds. I'll probably do a few more runs at everything tomorrow or something.

Same. Rocktails ftw. :)

They used to profit but now you lose a little. :( Only thing that sucks.

Grats on 1.1b.

Yea well, it goes up and down. And even at 50 gp loss per fish (which is like the highest diff I've seen) it would only cost ~35M-40M from 99 to 200M. That's veeeeery little compared to ~1,5B for wines :o

Just reached 60M ranged

60mranged.png

Also just did an icy wyrm task on a 1k pop server, with fire surge and cannon. I was the only one on the server, used the south cannon spot. I killed 153 ice wyrms in 50 mins and 7 seconds which is ~53,877 slayer xp per hour. That's also just under 180 kills per hour. It wasn't perfect tho, ice wyrms running out of cannon-range, not optimal spawn-rates etc. I can't really see melee + cannon beating this, but I guess it would be worth testing.

And I thought my 73 effigies were quite impressive. D: You're going for full bank (or almost full) of effigies?

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

New quest was fun, but short but fun. Then I tried the fight kiln minigame with gano + soa and got to wave 30 before I died due to a stupid misclick on Jad. I did a lot of mistakes tho so I only had about 8 brew flasks left at that wave. But yea, it is definitely doable even without high-end gear.

Anyway it is time to use my 201 effigies. I decided to put them on Slayer.

Starting stats:

Startingstats.png

Please use those.. :)

Looks like I have to...

And I thought my 73 effigies were quite impressive. D: You're going for full bank (or almost full) of effigies?

Same as above, I would have but yeah.. :???:

What site is that? :o And I assume you're pretty pissed about the effigy downgrade too? I know I am. :evil:

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I lied in my previous post. Ended up using my dragonkin lamps on RC instead of Slayer. This is my end RC XP:

endrc-1.png

And here's all XP I gained in total :)

Trackwhenopening201effigies.png

Moved up 14 ranks. Not bad at all.

Now it's time to do another try for the new cape. Hopefully my next post will be fairly soon with a pic of me wearing comp cape again...

What site is that? :o And I assume you're pretty pissed about the effigy downgrade too? I know I am. :evil:

It's a site called Indecent Code. Better than RS higscores and I've been using it for a while. There's a post about it on HLF too.

And yea well, I can see why people who don't have the skills to open their effigies are pissed because they kinda need to train other skills before slaying. I can see the reason why they nerfed the rates though because effigies weren't supposed to replace skills completely like RC. But yea, having a limit on amount of effigies you can have at a time is pretty pointless and changes nothing for a maxed player - but is a huge disadvantage for someone with lower skill total.

For me personally I don't really mind, I've always been tempted to use my effigies and I finally could. No records though, but oh well.

130M HP :)

130mhp.png

And slay tasks since effigy-nerf:

72 steels

182 bloods

201 hellhounds

239 kalphites

167 ice wyrms

157 dark beasts 1 eff

188 dagannoths

91 irons

58 steel

197 black demons

206 Hellhounds

196 Waterfiends

1 effigy so far. Way too small sample size to make any conclusions but together with other people's rates the effigy-nerf looks pretty bad.

Damn. Wouldn't that be like 3-5 effigies at least? Before the nerf, that is.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Wow that's horrible .. they got nerfed bad. I'm not even motivated to slay anymore. :(

Oh well. Grats on 28M Runecrafting. :^_^:

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I haven't been slaying much for the last couple of days because of the effigy-nerf. In around 850k slayer XP I'm at 1 effigy drop and I know a few others who have been doing 1m+ slayer xp with only 1 effigy drop. So it's a bit ridiculous. The rewards for doing the slowest skill in RS aren't there anymore and I'm still hoping that Jagex will change the rates for slayer a little bit. Probably won't happen though.

Instead I've been doing some firemaking in the jadinko lair. It's around 300k FM xp per hour + ~30k WC. I did around 1,5M xp + got some nice seeds which led me to planting my first juju seed ever :-?. Going to try to get into jadinko hunting a bit more so I can get all vines etc I need for mining pots.

Today I decided to get the golden mining suit so I can wear it while mining gold @ LRC. I'm planning to get 50M or so mining XP and I figured it'd be worth getting the suit. It took around 7 lava titans, so around 7 hours for the full suit:

fullgold.png

But yea I got some studying coming up so I'll probably mostly focus on Ivy/Cooking/LRC for the coming week.

Wow that's horrible .. they got nerfed bad. I'm not even motivated to slay anymore. :(

Oh well. Grats on 28M Runecrafting. :^_^:

Yea I feel the same way. And thanks :)

So I've been using the taverley summoning method where you sell 2nds and then rebuy them from Pikkupstix (Jeremy841 linked a vid of it in the 200M all skills thread). It's not that much more expensive than normal running for barker toads (like 2gp/xp more). I made 7k pouches in an hour and the normal way is about 3-3,5k per hour, so this is more than 2x as fast. I'm considering making fruit bats this way too but that is about 17-18 gp/xp here compared to 7-8 gp/xp the normal way.

I just got my front page summoning rank back and I'm hoping to climb some more before I'm done.

I find the Juju Mining Potions to be the most helpful, however, the Farming ones aren't bad...

Yeh they seem epic. I don't think I'll use the farm ones though, except when growing samaden.

Got my second effigy since the nerf today which makes it 2 effigies in 1,4M slayer xp.

Todays tasks: (if anyone cares, lol)

[hide]216 black demons

219 dark beasts (1 effigy)

31 miths

189 hellhounds

181 bloodveld

181 waterfiends

185 bloodvelds

179 dagannoths

246 black demons

184 bloodevelds

191 spectres

206 dagannoth

211 hellhounds

171 dagannoths

50 steels[/hide]

If you turn the pouches into scrolls (fruit bats) its really cheap, quite a bit slower although.

Hm yea that's an idea, but I have big problems just using the 75k greens I still have so making scrolls would probably just make it worse :razz:

Have fun with 50m Mining, and good luck keeping front page Summoning. :)

Thanks, 50M mining is not really a priority though - just something to do while studying. And thanks :)

Maxed players always have cool goals. :P

Also, the link to that calc website doesn't seem to be working for me.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

A friend has done 100 tasks since the update, he does the best effigy tasks too and has only recieved 2 effigies..

Doesn't look promising, hope you have better luck than him though!