Gem Trimmed Armour.....With Pictures.....

Elvy_666

Well I know i have made the idea of firemaking..updating it...so i decided i would try make a new type of armour....

Here is a pic of what the armour looks like....

gemtrimmedarmourconcept0tj.png

this random sqaures on the side...they represent what gem it is...so if it's blue trimmed...it's obviously sapphire....

I also made that little bit at the bottom showing how you make it.....

Take the gem to a anvil(or somewhere new) and use the hammer on it....collect the gem dust and... smelt it onto the armour ( the pic of "superheat item" was used as a furnace)

You would most likely need a high lvl crafting for this.... You could possibly have dragonstone trimmed armour too.....could even go as far as enchanting it......

Anyways....to stop scammers trying to pass it off as guthix, saradomin or zamorak armour... the items would be named as following....

Rune Platebody (s)

Rune Platelegs (s)

Rune Full Helm (s)

Rune kiteshield (s)

After being enchated it would be some other random name....Rune of Glory or something....

Alternatively u could do this with other types of armour....

I could just see someone in Bronze platebody(s)

Comments anyone??? or supporters??

graphics too small if u were to see embedded gems..

trims like those looked like already-in-existence god armours.. guthix, zamorak and saradomin...

i think it might look better if gems can be embedded to the bottom of the weapin.. like the edge of the handle.. haha.. juz kidding..

i think it might look better if gems can be embedded to the bottom of the weapin.. like the edge of the handle.. haha.. juz kidding..

Actually, that's not a bad idea, many decorative swords do have gems in the pommel/hilt area.

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

And then you could enchant gem-encrusted weapons and such...

Rune Longsword (Ruby) --> Enchant Level 3 Jewellery --> Sword of Fire

=P

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

And then you could enchant gem-encrusted weapons and such...

Rune Longsword (Ruby) --> Enchant Level 3 Jewellery --> Sword of Fire

=P

Use- Sapphire with...? Bronze platebody

Seifer71264563- omg i r teh own

Nah, only useable with rune items. I thought that point was easily inferred... clearly I was wrong. Well, now I said it. =)

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I see you have been having fun with paint. :D I thought about gem imbeded swords myself, its alittle like castle wars armor that looks cool but does not have great defence. Heres a simple little picture of me and two guys standing around fallador. Later

asorted3aa.png

Purepicori, I'd rather have a F2P equalvent of a King Black Dragon :wink:

thejacobsigmini5if.png

The embedding of gems is a good idea. I had once made the suggestion of damascing (or etching), gilding (no bonus, just pretty), and such. Instead of a single gem for the enchantment of weapons or armor, you could have a certain number for each kind. Such as a dagger with none, a sword with one, two hander with two, that sort of thing. Use the enchant spells we already have, but you have to do it per gem. You could either associate the gems with strength, def, att, or with elemental properties.

bttr gems on the armour :) and not crunced and fake: zamy, sara, gutix and trimed like!

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

baulders gate anyone? this is excactly like that, taking a simple scimmy adding some gems to it and getting a sword with an awesome name and awesome added effects =p i like it, not sure if jag will do it, and if they did, would we only be able to do one gem on a item, or have a limit like 8, would it be restricted to only 1 gem type, or could we combine them to have a saphire, ruby, and drag all in one? if so, the amount of weapons we would get would sky rocket, ppl would make up new combinations everyday, not sure on how the price for selling or buying would go with them though :oops:

frigadosis1.png

single_skill1134038082.png

Hoo boy. I'm sorry, this sounds pointless. In the simple, java graphics of RS, the only time gems that look "shimmery" are when you see them in your inventory/trade screen. Make your gems into ammies and rings, fellas :)

lpinkus

They wouldn't let it be TOO good, like, enchanting and stuff unless it was from a quest where you can only get one, and it's non-tradable.

Or level 4 clues...dropped by KQ and tzokk-jad...lol

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

but putting gems in the handles of swords and other weapons, then enchanting em is a good idea, would also give those cosmics a use. this should only be for weapons that require a stat of lvl 40 or higher, cuz a bronze dagger of fire or something would only cause a lot of people to drop on the floor laughing, and then getting PKed because theyre too busy laughing to click on there food......