An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

Defend yourself all you want: you are what you are. Why you care I haven't the slightest idea. Of course, denying the truth is the first part of acceptance. The next step is making a thread on a forum and flaming anyone who posts otherwise. I guess that is just an internet thing.

Where did he flame anyone? I've seen multiple people flame him, but not the other way around. Please, enlighten us.

First deal with my main point, then I'll deal with yours. Don't focus on one error / mistake / whatever. I really don't want to go find that Cracked story... thing.

Fair enough, though I can't help but wonder if you know that he hasn't flamed anyone, so you're trying to circumvent that little snag.

You talk about what he is and how he's denying it. What is he exactly? A bully? A big meanie head? As has been argued multiple times in this thread, there's not enough space for everyone to live in peace. Hopping for an hour just isn't worth it, so what do you expect him (or anyone) to do? Elite moneymaking methods are for the elite.

Try soloing Graardor for two weeks and tell us what you think after that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defend yourself all you want: you are what you are. Why you care I haven't the slightest idea. Of course, denying the truth is the first part of acceptance. The next step is making a thread on a forum and flaming anyone who posts otherwise. I guess that is just an internet thing.

Where did he flame anyone? I've seen multiple people flame him, but not the other way around. Please, enlighten us.

First deal with my main point, then I'll deal with yours. Don't focus on one error / mistake / whatever. I really don't want to go find that Cracked story... thing.

Fair enough, though I can't help but wonder if you know that he hasn't flamed anyone, so you're trying to circumvent that little snag.

You talk about what he is and how he's denying it. What is he exactly? A bully? A big meanie head? As has been argued multiple times in this thread, there's not enough space for everyone to live in peace. Hopping for an hour just isn't worth it, so what do you expect him (or anyone) to do? Elite moneymaking methods are for the elite.

Try soloing Graardor for two weeks and tell us what you think after that.

As I said, to early in the morning for me to form a complete thought on the bases of even a bit of research.

First, I'd like to point out that the term "big meanie head" just makes you look like a 5-year-old. Not saying you are, and not trying to flame you. It makes us all look bad. As for what I "expect:" nothing. It'd be nice for him, and any others that fit the first section of my earlier post, to hop a bit before hand and at least try. I know how people are, behind the computer screen, so that is asking a bit much. And "elite moneymaking methods are for the elite?" Sure... Keep telling yourself that. "Elite" is a lose term.

And as for the last part of your post: Why waste my time soloing Graador when I can get all the money with none of the hastle soloing Armadyl? There is always a free world. Always.

Now to wait until my Internet comes back up to post this...

The problem is not enough spawns, and the only one in control of that is Jagex. Don't get mad at the crashers, get mad at Jagex for not being able to figure out instances.

*points to the entire Dungeoneering skill*

I think they have it figured out... I'd hate to have every world have server lag as often as 117... And bringing all the boss hunting instances to a single world would only be worse...

@ the post under this one:

Na. My post makes as much sense as saying instanced areas take quite a bit of resources from a server , and the more that are in session, the more lag there is.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

First, I'd like to point out that the term "big meanie head" just makes you look like a 5-year-old. Not saying you are, and not trying to flame you. It makes us all look bad.

Ironically, I was flaming people who cry about crashing.

As for what I "expect:" nothing. It'd be nice for him, and any others that fit the first section of my earlier post, to hop a bit before hand and at least try.

Most people do hop a few times.

And "elite moneymaking methods are for the elite?" Sure... Keep telling yourself that. "Elite" is a lose term.

Main Entry: elite

Pronunciation: \ā-ˈlēt, i-, ē-\

Function: noun

Etymology: French élite, from Old French eslite, from feminine of eslit, past participle of eslire to choose, from Latin eligere

Date: 1823

1 a singular or plural in construction : the choice part : cream <the elite of the entertainment world> b singular or plural in construction : the best of a class <superachievers who dominate the computer elite — Marilyn Chase> c singular or plural in construction : the socially superior part of society <how the elite live — A P World> <how the French-speaking elite…was changing — Economist> d : a group of persons who by virtue of position or education exercise much power or influence <members of the ruling elite> <the intellectual elites of the country> e : a member of such an elite —usually used in plural <the elites …, pursuing their studies in Europe — Robert Wernick>

2 : a typewriter type providing 12 characters to the linear inch

— elite adjective

Solo MHing is the best way to make money in Runescape. Ergo, "elite moneymaking methods." So, yes, I will keep telling myself that. Nice argument. :rolleyes:

And as for the last part of your post: Why waste my time soloing Graador when I can get all the money with none of the hastle soloing Armadyl? There is always a free world. Always.

Because Graardor and DKs are the best "consistent" money there is. If you get unlucky at Armadyl, sucks for you. If you get unlucky at Bandos, you still walk away with a couple million each trip.

EDIT: I've addressed your original post entirely. Can you show me where Sseli flamed anyone?

dgs5.jpg

Na. Don't care enough to.

Btw: It is a loose term, "eilte," as what defines it varies from person to person.

Feel free to smile. I'll feel free not to care.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Btw: It is a loose term, "eilte," as what defines it varies from person to person.

No, it's not a loose term. The best way to make money is, by definition, the elite way to make money. :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg

No, it's not a loose term. The best way to make money is, by definition, the elite way to make money. :rolleyes:

How silly. "Best way to make money" is subjective. "Fastest and most effective" is not.

Now, lets end this before you make me have to actually try, mmk?

bc8ebae3b0.png

Bro, even though I could get in 2-3 kills soloing Graardor, I don't. I stay away from spots where high level players crash me all the time. At Tormented Demons, a free world is usually available in a couple of hops, or less.

Low-to-mid level players like me shouldn't even bother trying to do some of this stuff. Rather, I choose to make casual money through herb farming, TDs, and merchanting.

I haven't heard of anyone crashing herb farming, and that's better money (albeit limited money) than soloing Graardor without a Yak or @ like level 115 anyway.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

How silly. "Best way to make money" is subjective. "Fastest and most effective" is not.

Guess you're gonna have to try. :rolleyes:

Sorry, let me clarify my point: The best, fastest, and most effective ways to make money in Runescape are to solo TDs with a steel titan or solo DKs with a cannon. Solo Graardor and solo Armadyl are close seconds. The most consistent money comes from solo Graardor and solo DKs, but dragon claw drops are common enough for TDs to be considered somewhat consistent (though still up to luck).

Seeing as how these are the best, fastest, and most effective ways to make money, they are the elite ways to make money. This is an irrefutable and nonnegotiable fact.

EDIT: Merchanting not included.

dgs5.jpg

Protip: arguing semantics isn't a good idea :thumbup:

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

You both, the guy who decided to join in out of no-where, and the one whom I was... talking to... seem to underestimate how little I care.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Can we stop making this thread a flame war? Regardless of who is right, if we care enough to elute any actual truth, try not getting it locked. :unsure:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

This whole crashing theory seems to me like big corporations ruining local shops. Why do they do it? Because they are the strongest. They just destroy these hard-working shop owners. Because they're bigger and better. Not noticing that once too they were little companies. Just show some humanity, were not animals. Ask nicely. Try to find an empty world. Give them advice if they're using the wrong gear. But don't just crash somebody because you're already bathing in gold >_>

bda2fcc662.png

On The Road To Graardor.

I'd just like to point out that sseli is currently writing a guide on Dungeoneering, which serves everyone else BUT himself. I'm currently using this guide and find it very helpful. Could it be that sseli is a help and not a hindrance to the RuneScape community?

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

What in the world . . . ?

My list was of monsters that I am able to consistently clear (or come close to clearing) on task. The presence of another player (the higher level the worse) would slow me down on those tasks. This list is nonnegotiable. I don't see what you're trying to argue, unless you're just trying to show me that lazy-slaying is nicer because it means you can share comfortably.

You have to remember that some people (like me) want the fastest experience possible, which means using the best spots and the best methods. I'm not going to use a different spirit mages spot just 'cause little Timmy was there first. I'm definitely not going to slay dust devils in the Pollnivneach well. I can't imagine what you were thinking making that argument. :rolleyes: I'm sure as hell not going to slay the KBD if I'm looking experience (though I try to avoid black dragon tasks anyway).

You also said "rarely crowded" a few times as if you were making some sort of point. :rolleyes: What does the level of crowding have to the do with the fact that it would slow me down to slay with another player in those spots? It just means that it happens less often, which we aren't arguing.

EDIT:

My point was it is rarely a problem, so it isn't "prevalent" like you said it was. Yes it happens, but to say it's prevalent means it's a constant problem, I never experienced this constant problem.

I'm confused by your lazy-slaying comment, I never said being lazy was nice, I'm not a lazy slayer, I just haven't experienced the same problems as you apparently, because I was almost never slowed down on my tasks.

As for stealing TImmy's spirit mage spot, there's plenty of spots open, and even in the lowest populated worlds, you rarely clear all 4-5 mages near the boss room with a steal titan. There comes a point when you're no longer being efficient, you're just being an ass.

(dust devils aren't in the Pollnivneach well btw, I was talking about the chaos tunnel ones)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

My list was of monsters that I am able to consistently clear (or come close to clearing) on task. The presence of another player (the higher level the worse) would slow me down on those tasks. This list is nonnegotiable. I don't see what you're trying to argue, unless you're just trying to show me that lazy-slaying is nicer because it means you can share comfortably.

You have to remember that some people (like me) want the fastest experience possible, which means using the best spots and the best methods. I'm not going to use a different spirit mages spot just 'cause little Timmy was there first. I'm definitely not going to slay dust devils in the Pollnivneach well. I can't imagine what you were thinking making that argument. :rolleyes: I'm sure as hell not going to slay the KBD if I'm looking experience (though I try to avoid black dragon tasks anyway).

You also said "rarely crowded" a few times as if you were making some sort of point. :rolleyes: What does the level of crowding have to the do with the fact that it would slow me down to slay with another player in those spots? It just means that it happens less often, which we aren't arguing.

EDIT:

My point was it is rarely a problem, so it isn't "prevalent" like you said it was. Yes it happens, but to say it's prevalent means it's a constant problem, I never experienced this constant problem.

I'm confused by your lazy-slaying comment, I never said being lazy was nice, I'm not a lazy slayer, I just haven't experienced the same problems as you apparently, because I was almost never slowed down on my tasks.

As for stealing TImmy's spirit mage spot, there's plenty of spots open, and even in the lowest populated worlds, you rarely clear all 4-5 mages near the boss room with a steal titan. There comes a point when you're no longer being efficient, you're just being an ass.

(dust devils aren't in the Pollnivneach well btw, I was talking about the chaos tunnel ones)

Izenhime, you have higher stats than me. However, I still manage to nearly clear the 4-5 mages near the boss room with only a Geyser Titan, whip, and 91 strength.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

EDIT:

No, there's actually pretty fierce competition for spots on the high populations worlds, which is what I (and all other efficient slayers) use. Thus, competition is very prevalent.

Maybe you're just slow, but I can consistently clear the spirit mages on a high population world with a steel titan. All it takes is one other person there to slow me down.

About my lazy-slaying comment: I am implying that you are not an efficient slayer. Seeing as you even brought up low population worlds as being an option, I'm probably right.

dgs5.jpg

well, considering I was almost always in constant combat while slaying, I would have to disagree. I'll leave it at that.

While that's an important tenant of slaying efficiently, there's a lot more to it than that.

Anyway, the point is that until Runescape becomes a single player game, crashing is inevitable. If you don't like it, get bigger and compete.

dgs5.jpg

Anyway, the point is that until Runescape becomes a single player game, crashing is inevitable. If you don't like it, get bigger and compete.

I agree, I just don't like crashing when there are other spots open. That's my only problem with it. I can see 100% where people are coming from it it comes to things like Bandos, because there is almost always people there, so finding an unoccupied world just isn't an option.

I feel the exact opposite for a boss like Zamorak though, where it's rarely crowded, even on the high populated worlds. If you crash someone there, you're just doing it to be mean, or are too lazy to spend 2 minutes finding a world

(I know Zammy isn't the greatest example, I just used it because it was easy to come up with)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I agree, I just don't like crashing when there are other spots open. That's my only problem with it. I can see 100% where people are coming from it it comes to things like Bandos, because there is almost always people there, so finding an unoccupied world just isn't an option.

I feel the exact opposite for a boss like Zamorak though, where it's rarely crowded, even on the high populated worlds. If you crash someone there, you're just doing it to be mean, or are too lazy to spend 2 minutes finding a world

(I know Zammy isn't the greatest example, I just used it because it was easy to come up with)

Crashing Zammy is just mean.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.