An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

Can you guys quit trying to correlate RS morality to RL morality? :roll:

Will do when you explain to me exactly why those two shouldnt be compared in this case.

It's easy to be immoral on RS through your anonymity and freedom from consequences. The same thing can't be said for real life.

77yLQy8.png

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to be immoral on RS through your anonymity and freedom from consequences. The same thing can't be said for real life.

Well yes but that was the point i was trying to get across, so the comparison seems quite fitting to me.

I'll agree SLIGHTLY, but you deserve to be dragged off your computer, stabbed and shot if you are Solo crashing lower players at something like Bandos. They have to go to a lootshare world for them to split it, but when some arrogant [bleep] decideds to crash them instead of using a world that ISN'T designed for lootsharing, you're a total [bleep] and you should be shot.

I might seem agressive but this happens too much, your not elite, you just have more money to splurge then the rest of us on skills that cost too much to raise.

Popoto.~<3

Meh. I have only one thing to say on this matter:

The difference between crashers that are ****tards and crashers that can be mildly respected is simple:

The ****tards don't see it as a last resort.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

It was the final line that got me...

"I worked for my equipment and stats, and you can too"

These people are working for it, they just get crashed from players like you which means there back to Sq one. The reason we have come to this, where players crash others is down to one thing... Arrogance. You feel that your better than them so you feel like you should shove there nose's in it. I will put money on from time to time you have said "oh i hate that the Rs community has gone down hill... its not like it was before" Well you're part of the reason

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Killing general graardor is not working for levels.

Kill Graardor for his drops, to then sell and buy some buy-able skills is working for levels. Trying to tell me out of all the drops you have ever had in RuneScape you have never spent that cash on a level?

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

I don't crash, I don't like being crashed, but that's just me, If someone attempts to half crash me I bite, scratch, half kill you name it!

The most annoying crash is at TDS where you have one lured, and someone comes and kills it! then lures about 3 onto them and then, this is the funny part; they ask for help! :mrgreen:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

No, you earned the right to kill things "better". You didn't earn the right to disrupt other people and by the sounds of it you do that 100% of the time without even trying to look for other worlds :thumbdown:.

I understand the "need" to crash people at Bandos, where it is next to impossible to find a world but you shouldn't not look a bit first. I don't see the need to crash at TDs however, it's easy to find an empty world and just crashing there for no reason just shows off your personality.

Can you guys quit trying to correlate RS morality to RL morality? :roll:

I will do when this stops being an MMO where there are OTHER people playing at the same time. At the end of the day, you're disrupting another person's playing for your own benefit, that's a real life effect you're having. Of course it's never going to be 100% the same and no one is claiming it is, however you have to least consider the effect you're having on another person. Because you play more than someone it doesn't mean you get the right to disrupt them.

No, you earned the right to kill things "better". You didn't earn the right to disrupt other people and by the sounds of it you do that 100% of the time without even trying to look for other worlds :thumbdown:.

I understand the "need" to crash people at Bandos, where it is next to impossible to find a world but you shouldn't not look a bit first. I don't see the need to crash at TDs however, it's easy to find an empty world and just crashing there for no reason just shows off your personality.

I crash at TD's because I need to use two spawns at once for my method. If I were a standard Yak/Uni kind of TD'er there's absolutely no reason to crash. But most of the time it's pretty hard to find a totally empty TD world - so I hop around a bit until I find one. But if I don't, and I come across a world where a person is only using one spawn, then I crash.

If you can be crashed at bandos, it's not very good money. It only becomes good when you can get 20+ kills a trip. Go make your money somewhere else, it'll save you time and grief.

This is a good point. Even as a lower level there are plenty of ways to make 1M+ an hour. But a lot of people don't take the time to research and find those ways.

It all comes down to common decency. You may have the ability to do something, but should you do it? What i would call a good person would not crash if there is another way of doing it. If there are other ways to do something yet you still continue to crash then you have no common decency. There really is no argument over that as far as I can see. trying to rationalise crashing when there are other ways to go about it is the same as trying to rationalise for example scamming in old free trade. It hurts others and only benefits you and does not need to be done.

Getting hired by a company takes someone else's job. It surely hurts them more than crashing a monster spawn in a silly MMO. If I could, I'd probably share the job if we could get equal pay. But we don't. And I don't know of anyone who feels remorse when they take a job.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I'll agree SLIGHTLY, but you deserve to be dragged off your computer, stabbed and shot if you are Solo crashing lower players at something like Bandos. They have to go to a lootshare world for them to split it, but when some arrogant [bleep] decideds to crash them instead of using a world that ISN'T designed for lootsharing, you're a total [bleep] and you should be shot.

I might seem agressive but this happens too much, your not elite, you just have more money to splurge then the rest of us on skills that cost too much to raise.

By what right do you have claim to a spot?

To answer the question, non its a free spot for anyone to join in.

Seriously the only animosity towards crashers that I would agree with would be if you owned the spot, which you dont. Therefor them investing more time and money should give them the chance for more profit. (this is coming from an average leveled noob that they could crash even if ive already taken a 3rd of its health before they got there)

It all comes down to common decency. You may have the ability to do something, but should you do it? What i would call a good person would not crash if there is another way of doing it. If there are other ways to do something yet you still continue to crash then you have no common decency. There really is no argument over that as far as I can see. trying to rationalise crashing when there are other ways to go about it is the same as trying to rationalise for example scamming in old free trade. It hurts others and only benefits you and does not need to be done.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Actually, yes this is an analogy I want to make.

When you go to look for a job, does it matter who got there first? Not really. All the company really cares about is hiring the most capable person for the job. They don't really care who got there first.

But how many people feel bad when they get a job? Not many. Most celebrate, actually. Ironically, you've "taken" something much more precious than a monster spawn from someone though. Maybe that person can get no other job. Maybe that person really needs this job and needs to feed his family. And you don't feel remorse, do you?

Part of the reason you don't feel bad is because you'll probably never end up seeing the person again. That same logic applies to MMO's. It's just that instead of not seeing them at all, you see their avatar once on a computer screen.

So really, what's the difference?

All it really boils down to is your expectation of how other people should treat you in that context.

For the dog-eat-dog world out there, you have to claim a stake for your own.

That doesn't mean I'm purposely trying to be an ass. If you talk to me in real life or even in game I'm generally pretty amicable - but whatever, there isn't a way to prove that and you won't really know.

But just don't stand in my way when I really want something. :thumbup:

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Problem is, we are unable to make money to level BECAUSE you crash.

But w/e you prolly won't care lol.

So you can GWD, but you can't play SW? O_o

And how do you think he got that money to splurge? He wasn't always maxed, didn't always have money. He probably did a ton of GWD as well and got crashed himself until he did what every noob must.

It's no different then someone in PvP in full Bandos and an AGS while other people use Rune and D Scimmies. They've spent countless hours making the money, they've earnt the right to risk higher value for better stats. =)

09144a99bb.png

Actually, yes this is an analogy I want to make.

When you go to look for a job, does it matter who got there first? Not really. All the company really cares about is hiring the most capable person for the job. They don't really care who got there first.

But how many people feel bad when they get a job? Not many. Most celebrate, actually. Ironically, you've "taken" something much more precious than a monster spawn from someone though. Maybe that person can get no other job. Maybe that person really needs this job and needs to feed his family. And you don't feel remorse, do you?

Part of the reason you don't feel bad is because you'll probably never end up seeing the person again. That same logic applies to MMO's. It's just that instead of not seeing them at all, you see their avatar once on a computer screen.

So really, what's the difference?

All it really boils down to is your expectation of how other people should treat you in that context.

For the dog-eat-dog world out there, you have to claim a stake for your own.

That doesn't mean I'm purposely trying to be an ass. If you talk to me in real life or even in game I'm generally pretty amicable - but whatever, there isn't a way to prove that and you won't really know.

But just don't stand in my way when I really want something. :thumbup:

This is wrong, with a job interview no one HAS the job, you're all on an equal starting point and in the end one person gets the job. This would be like mining in Runescape, several people all mining the same rock but only one person gets it, usually that of the higher level.

When you're crashing someone, they're already there, in your analogy that'd mean they'd already have their job and you'd come and take it from them because you're better at that job. If someone already has a position you want then you either apply for the position elsewhere or wait for it to open, you don't go barging in and just take the job off someone. I'm fairly sure if you did that then you'd feel somewhat bad about it.

If you're going to use analogies, at least think them through first.

This is wrong, with a job interview no one HAS the job, you're all on an equal starting point and in the end one person gets the job. This would be like mining in Runescape, several people all mining the same rock but only one person gets it, usually that of the higher level.

When you're crashing someone, they're already there, in your analogy that'd mean they'd already have their job and you'd come and take it from them because you're better at that job. If someone already has a position you want then you either apply for the position elsewhere or wait for it to open, you don't go barging in and just take the job off someone. I'm fairly sure if you did that then you'd feel somewhat bad about it.

If a boss hates you and someone applies to your position, chances are you'll probably get fired and replaced.

This actually happened in the lab I worked in this summer.

You kind of missed the main point I was bringing up - Jobs are a similar commodity as monster spawns.

sigcopyaf.png

If a boss hates you and someone applies to your position, chances are you'll probably get fired and replaced.

This actually happened in the lab I worked in this summer.

You kind of missed the main point I was bringing up - Jobs are a similar commodity as monster spawns.

I'm fairly sure companies are not allowed to interview people for your position without informing you that they're doing so first. But that is getting hugely off topic.

Jobs are not at all similar to monster spawns at all and it really was a useless analogy. A better one would be that some children are playing football using the only goal on the field, you're older than them and better so you just come along and take the goal from them. That would be a more accurate analogy although still far far from perfect. It's impossible to have a perfect analogy and it's silly trying to come up with one.

Actually a better anology might be this:

The OP goes to a park where there are several basketball goals. A bunch of smaller, less experienced kids are playing at the first goal. Instead of the OP going and looking for an open goal, he "crashes" the little kids and takes thier goal. The OP justifies his behavior by telling himself that he "deserves" to use the most convenient goal because he is older and more experienced. After all, he has put the time in to grow and become a better basketball player. He thinks he deserves to use that goal. Once those little kids grow up, they can crash other people. Fair?

In reality, he is a bully. Not an elitist.

You can color it anyway you like. The OP is just hiding behind the anonymity of his/her computer screen and being a bully.

Lord_Porus.png

The OP goes to a park where there are several basketball goals. A bunch of smaller, less experienced kids are playing at the first goal. Instead of the OP going and looking for an open goal, he "crashes" the little kids and takes thier goal. The OP justifies his behavior by telling himself that he "deserves" to use the most convenient goal because he is older and more experienced. After all, he has put the time in to grow and become a better basketball player. He thinks he deserves to use that goal. Once those little kids grow up, they can crash other people. Fair?

You can color it anyway you like. The OP is just hiding behind the anonymity of his/her computer screen and being a bully.

Quoted for truth.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

What?

Mutated velds, dags, abberent spectres, warped torts, hellhounds, black demons, fire giants, blue dragons, black dragons, dust devils, kalphites, nechs, spirit mages, suqahs, Tzhaar, and waterfiends are all tasks in which an extra person present would severely slow me down. If you can comfortably slay with another player on any of these tasks, you're doing something very wrong or you're a low level.

EDIT: Actually, scratch dags; I don't mind the level 100s running around.

Velds - Canceled because I don't like them

Dags - Cannon at lighthouse is barely affected by others, and chaos tunnel dags are always open

Polinineach - slayer well rarely has people there

Warped torts - I said that....

Hellhounds - I said that....

Black Demons - Have you seen the new dungeon?

Fire giants - New dungeon + chaos tunnels rarely have people

Blue dragons - New dungeon

Black dragons - Solo KBD in Non-LS worlds. It also only takes a hop or two at the Evil chicken lair

Dust Devils - I've never seen these packed

Kalphites - Lousy task anyways

Nechs - Chaos tunnels and slayer tower are both rarely full

Spirit mages - There's tons of mages, there's 3 good locations in the zammy area to kill them, and rarely all 3 are full, if any.

Suqahs - I've never seen these crowded

Tzhaar - Fight cave, multi-combat with a lot of low levels, means you can steal their kills anyways, so faster for you

Water-fiends - Chaos tunnel never has people there

The only thing I don't do in terms of power slaying is use a cannon, and I'm certainly not a low level.

What in the world . . . ?

My list was of monsters that I am able to consistently clear (or come close to clearing) on task. The presence of another player (the higher level the worse) would slow me down on those tasks. This list is nonnegotiable. I don't see what you're trying to argue, unless you're just trying to show me that lazy-slaying is nicer because it means you can share comfortably.

You have to remember that some people (like me) want the fastest experience possible, which means using the best spots and the best methods. I'm not going to use a different spirit mages spot just 'cause little Timmy was there first. I'm definitely not going to slay dust devils in the Pollnivneach well. I can't imagine what you were thinking making that argument. :rolleyes: I'm sure as hell not going to slay the KBD if I'm looking experience (though I try to avoid black dragon tasks anyway).

You also said "rarely crowded" a few times as if you were making some sort of point. :rolleyes: What does the level of crowding have to the do with the fact that it would slow me down to slay with another player in those spots? It just means that it happens less often, which we aren't arguing.

EDIT:

Actually, Sseli's job analogy is perfect. A lot of people MH because it's fun, undoubtedly, but it also happens to be the best way (besides merchanting) to make money. Ergo, it's a job. If someone is trying to take your job, or is making you unable to do your job properly, you do something about it. In Runescape, this means being the best at your job and showing your boss (Graardor) that you know what you're doing.

Your basketball court analogy is terrible. You don't make money playing recreational basketball. Spin it whichever way you like, but at the end of the day, players like Sseli, me, and thousands of other people have to compete with each other for a very limited amount of space. If you can't compete, go back to the grinding block. If I don't crash you, someone else will.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Quoted for truth.

Bullies beat on weaker people to satisfy an urge to feel superior; by that logic, I'd be crashing people for fun, which I don't.

I crash because it speeds up my trips.

There's a difference between being malicious and being coldly rational.

sigcopyaf.png

Quoted for truth.

Bullies beat on weaker people to satisfy an urge to feel superior; by that logic, I'd be crashing people for fun, which I don't.

I crash because it speeds up my trips.

There's a difference between being malicious and being coldly rational.

Defend yourself all you want: you are what you are. Why you care I haven't the slightest idea. Of course, denying the truth is the first part of acceptance. The next step is making a thread on a forum and flaming anyone who posts otherwise. I guess that is just an internet thing.

Edit: Someone correct the spelling mistakes and make it form a single thought. I really cba to do it at this time of morning.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Defend yourself all you want: you are what you are. Why you care I haven't the slightest idea. Of course, denying the truth is the first part of acceptance. The next step is making a thread on a forum and flaming anyone who posts otherwise. I guess that is just an internet thing.

Where did he flame anyone? I've seen multiple people flame him, but not the other way around. Please, enlighten us.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Where did he flame anyone? I've seen multiple people flame him, but not the other way around. Please, enlighten us.

First deal with my main point, then I'll deal with yours. Don't focus on one error / mistake / whatever. I really don't want to go find that Cracked story... thing.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Personally I see crashing as the height of ignorance and disrespect; I think it's the lowest thing anyone can do. I play RuneScape for fun -- people who crash aren't being fun, they're letting their addiction win if you ask me. What's the fun in ruining others fun? I see people crashing because they feel they have to; they have to get that XP they want or that drop right now, right there right then. They can't wait and they'll put the other person through hell to achieve their goal.

If someone crashes me, I'll hop. I'm easy, I'm not playing RuneScape to compete. I won't crash anybody; finders keepers if you ask me. If they've got that spot; its' theirs. They've gotten it fairly and chances are they had to do quite a bit of hopping around to find it. For someone lazy to come along and thing they can take it I feel is horrible.

Just my two cents.

RIP Michaelangelopolous