Best Bassist ever

Escape5

I think Jaco Pastorius is the best bassist to EVER live!

If you want samples of his work, look for Chromatic Fantasy and Portrait of Tracy for songs. He is amazingly talented, plays a fret-less bass, and its just.. just CRAZY.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got two.

I don't know the name, but the guy who does the sienfeld theme song, thats insane hard to do.

Second would be the bassist from Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I think its flea but Im not sure. Someone tell me if I'm right or wrong, because it would be nicew to know his name.

But he is definitly an excelent bassist, he regularly attends all the national bassist meetings in large citys. VH1 is a channel you watch when your board :/

Fieldy, enough said.

Fieldy is pretty damn good, but on See You On The Other Side I can't really hear any of his typical five-string slap-bass. It sounds like he might even be using a four-string.

I'd say Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers (slap-bass is incredibly difficult) and the bassist from Tool whose name I cannot remember.

Flea is an awesome bassist, especially considering he can't read music. Aside from him, i really like Ryan Martinez from Mudvayne, the guy is incredible to watch.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Cliff Burton, ex-Metallica. Died in 1986 and had played on Metallica's albums Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Cliff Burton, ex-Metallica. Died in 1986 and had played on Metallica's albums Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

dam i hate when people do this lol. We know who the [bleep] he is. no need for facts to make yourself look cool.

Flea is one crazy mother[bleep]in bassist. If you look him up on putfile and that vid is sweet.

James Jamerson

Cliff Burton was sweet bassist too like he said.....

dam i hate when people do this lol. We know who the * he is. no need for facts to make yourself look cool.

Flea is one crazy * bassist. If you look him up on putfile and that vid is sweet.

James Jamerson

:roll: :roll: :roll: not all people know who he is, especially with all the noobs on these messageboards, it was probably worth mentioning :roll: :roll:

cliff burton for me too

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

dam i hate when people do this lol. We know who the * he is. no need for facts to make yourself look cool.

Flea is one crazy * bassist. If you look him up on putfile and that vid is sweet.

James Jamerson

:roll: :roll: :roll: not all people know who he is, especially with all the noobs on these messageboards, it was probably worth mentioning :roll: :roll:

cliff burton for me too

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

if your posting in "best Bassist ever" why wouldn't you kno who cliff burton is? but yeah i guess some emo [bleep] kids don't know or some kid who only watches bands on mtv. :roll:

:roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I for one didn'tt know who Cliff Burton is/was. I didn't know he was a bandmember from Metallica, and I didn't know he was dead. But then again, I guess I'm some "emo who only watches bands on MTV". " :roll: "

QUIT THE FREAKING ROLL EYES; THEY DON'T SUIT YOU!

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

Freddy Mercury from Queen, Bruce [bleep]inson from Iron Maiden, Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin and Rob Halford from Judas Priest are kick wagon vocalists.

Like we don't know those guys came with those bands. " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: "

we.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I for one didn'tt know who Cliff Burton is/was. I didn't know he was a bandmember from Metallica, and I didn't know he was dead. But then again, I guess I'm some "emo who only watches bands on MTV". " :roll: "

QUIT THE FREAKING ROLL EYES, THEY DON'T SUIT YOU!

Then it was right for that one fellow to explain who he was, 'nuff said.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I gave few albums just for those who doesn't already know him. He dies 19 years ago, so there are a lot of people who don't know him. If I wrote too long message, sorry. I understand that some ret... weak minded persons can't stand 2 line messages.

And if I wanted to make myself look cool, I'd have a lot better places to show it than on the best bassist thread.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

Freddy Mercury from Queen, Bruce [bleep]inson from Iron Maiden, Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin and Rob Halford from Judas Priest are kick wagon vocalists.

Like we don't know those guys came with those bands. " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: "

we.gif

lol freaking.

btw this place is boring without arguements so i just like starting them. Gives you something to look for when your online. Plus you get to express your true feelings as shown in bold red above.

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

we.gif

lol freaking.

btw this place is boring without arguements so i just like starting them. Gives you something to look for when your online. Plus you get to express your true feelings as shown in bold red above.

Starting arguments for the hell of it is just stupid. Try an intellectual debate if you're that bored.

Les Claypool, John Entwistle, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire. One of them, hard to say.

I do like Les Claypool, even though i'm not a Primus Fan. Frog Brigade and oysterhead i do like though. I haven't heard much of c2b3.

they all sound a lot alike, but for some reason i never got into primus

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

we.gif

lol freaking.

Starting arguments for the hell of it is just stupid. Try an intellectual debate if you're that bored.

:)

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

we.gif

lol freaking.

LOL

well....its kind of hard to start an "intellecual" debate with anyone on these forums :lol: :lol: been there done that. I still have hope for it though, theres gotta be a few normals around here.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

we.gif

lol freaking.

LOL

well....its kind of hard to start an "intellecual" debate with anyone on these forums :lol: :lol: been there done that. I still have hope for it though, theres gotta be a few normals around here.

intellectuals...right poopingman....

anyways, i'm pretty normal.