Best Bassist ever

Escape5

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about bass players or something. So you guys might know him already. But a while ago I heard of Richard Bona, and from what I can hear it is pretty good. But then again, that might just be me. I just ordered two CD's of him, finally. :)

You can see him play here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhq2U8P ... ed&search=

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 2 weeks later...
Cliff Burton, ex-Metallica. Died in 1986 and had played on Metallica's albums Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

dam i hate when people do this lol. We know who the * he is. no need for facts to make yourself look cool.

Flea is one crazy * bassist. If you look him up on putfile and that vid is sweet.

James Jamerson

Cliff Burton was sweet bassist too like he said.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: not all people know who he is, especially with all the noobs on these messageboards, it was probably worth mentioning :roll: :roll:

cliff burton for me too

if your posting in "best Bassist ever" why wouldn't you kno who cliff burton is? but yeah i guess some emo good person kids don't know or some kid who only watches bands on mtv. :roll:

:roll: :roll:

I feel qutie touhed, to be honest I've never heard about any of those bassist people have mentioned here. I personally concentrate my knowledge of music, which is pretty much now, on bands and how the evolve, not on the names of person's (but I like to now that the bassist of band y in 1998 first played and band x and left it again to join band y). To me that's way more interesting (not to mention, I've always been bad at remembering names).

And about the mtv stuff, my music moslty ever havent been heard by most of the people.

(ALTARIA ftw :D :thumbsup: )

Sorry had to do a bit of advertising =P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I got two.

I don't know the name, but the guy who does the sienfeld theme song, thats insane hard to do.

Second would be the bassist from Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I think its flea but Im not sure. Someone tell me if I'm right or wrong, because it would be nicew to know his name.

seinfeld was the first song i learned on slap, if you can play slap then its not hard but if you cant then it looks impossible

although im not a fan of RHCP, he is probably the best PLAYER but not the best writer or overall bass player, that would go to paul mccartney probably

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

• 8 months later...
i'd say geddy lee or john myung.

just listen to yyz or metropoils from the bands they are in. metropolis has my favourite bass solo in.. and i've seen myung play it live.

i have rush in rio and watching yyz and thier other "soloish" stuff like 2112 just blows your mind. everyone in that band has enough talent to feed all the starving kids in africa

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Rush are the GREATEST!!!!! Feed the children! They actually did some recordings for tsunami relief in 05 :)

Anyone who wants to play Rush trivia with me, click in my sig. As you can see by my sig and avvy, I love Rush. <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Flea by miles, he owns all.

(If theres anyone who can show me better solos then Flea, post or pm them :mrgreen: )

easily

Jaco Pastorius - Better groove and technicality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3x-ibNb9mc

John Patitucci - Better groove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTYQFyXfK7s

Alain Caron > Flea slap bass

Michael Manring - might be a weather report song but still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QfIhNphtE

there's enough, Flea is simply average at best, and that's not even comparing him to virtuosos, that's comparing flea to every other mainstream bassist

Only the 3rd one works, and that wasnt real amazing :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I like Vic Wooten...he has a huge amount of talent and puts a lot of feeling into his music.

Cliff Burton was in Metallica. Win? Yes.

Flea of RHCP, he's a pretty good bassist but also has a huge amount of stage presence.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Flea, Geddy Lee, and Steve Harris.

Flea and Geddy are pretty outspoken, I have much respect for Harris because he wrote most of maiden's songs, as well as having a realy unique technique.

oilertaych6.gif

[Admin Edit: Religious text Not permitted]

~108 combat~

5.9k dusties killed / dragon chain :D