Best Bassist ever

Escape5

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one didn'tt know who Cliff Burton is/was. I didn't know he was a bandmember from Metallica, and I didn't know he was dead. But then again, I guess I'm some "emo who only watches bands on MTV". " :roll: "

QUIT THE FREAKING ROLL EYES; THEY DON'T SUIT YOU!

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

Freddy Mercury from Queen, Bruce [bleep]inson from Iron Maiden, Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin and Rob Halford from Judas Priest are kick wagon vocalists.

Like we don't know those guys came with those bands.

we.gif

lol freaking.

btw this place is boring without arguements so i just like starting them. Gives you something to look for when your online. Plus you get to express your true feelings as shown in bold red above.

Haha, you just got BURNED, and you conseeded the point, good boy.

I'd have to say Flea and Justin Chancellor from Tool. :P

i'll say John Paul Jones, good bassist there, best i know of.

Mmmmm, being a huge Zepp fan, I wouldn't rate him too highly. But he was awesome, but I've hardly ever heard a Zepp song and gone OMG THAT BASS IS MEAN! And as a side note, he had a terrible singing voice, haha. I got some live tapes recorded off the radio of some of their live gigs, and he was singing along side Plant to The Battle of Evermore, he hashed it so bad.

A good album for you if you like JPJ would be ITTOD (In through the out door) an album heavily influenced by JPJ (their last studio album also) as Plant was still greiving the death of his son, Page was battling his heroin addiction, and Bonzo was having his own problems, lol.

Lets see what Sunwarrior has to say about that, I do think a little info is a good thing to add to your post then saying someones name huh?

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Ok, I disagree 100% that Flea is the best bassist. Listen to some jazz, then come back and tell me who the best bassist is.

Also, anyone who said Fieldy is wrong too IMO. He just beats the [bad word] out of the bass.

Also if you think about it, these kinds of debates are impossible to answer if you dont know on what grounds are these people the best. Do you mean fingerpick, or pick, or speed, or technicallity, or style?

That being said, I say Pete Wentz. Ill let you guess if Im kidding or not.

Pete Wentz? You must be joking. Anyway, jazz bands use 5-string basses so they cheat.

Best.Songs.In.

World.

Follower of Guthix. *points to avatar* Aww yeah..

the1stfool.png

Supposingly it is the guy who plays something like jimmy was a race car driver(ok i don't know the name).

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

Alex Webster - Cannibal Corpse, he can play FAST, and always makes it sound nice

this is a instrumental from CC

check it out

EDIT: NO IT IS NOT SPED UP IN ANY WAY... THAT IS THE TRUE SPEED THEY ARE PLAYING

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Ok, I disagree 100% that Flea is the best bassist. Listen to some jazz, then come back and tell me who the best bassist is.

Also, anyone who said Fieldy is wrong too IMO. He just beats the [bad word] out of the bass.

Also if you think about it, these kinds of debates are impossible to answer if you dont know on what grounds are these people the best. Do you mean fingerpick, or pick, or speed, or technicallity, or style?

That being said, I say Pete Wentz. Ill let you guess if Im kidding or not.

Pete Wentz? You must be joking. Anyway, jazz bands use 5-string basses so they cheat.

Yes, Im joking. But how can a 5 string bass be cheating? Also, not all use 5 stringers. Some use 4s and 6s.

Nerdiest member of UG's Bass Militia

RS Names:

Katanaman666, Nohappiness, Iamthatnerd, Tehtrooper

err... it's hard to pick one bassist to be the best ever, as there are so many different ways to measure it in... and while several bassists may be outskilled by some, they may still be the best for playing in their bands style..

but if i had to pick one, i had to agree about pastorious.. playing some of his work in homework now (i'm studying music) and god.. it ain't easy work

Scherzo.png

Alex Webster and Justin Chancellor are defenitly my favourites, not saying they are the best tho. I don't know enough about bassplaying to name the best player. Seeing the bassplayer in KoRn slap away this summer was also a highlight, but I haven't listened to them enough to judge him.

I remain a happy amateur :wink:

I for one didn'tt know who Cliff Burton is/was. I didn't know he was a bandmember from Metallica, and I didn't know he was dead. But then again, I guess I'm some "emo who only watches bands on MTV". " :roll: "

QUIT THE FREAKING ROLL EYES; THEY DON'T SUIT YOU!

Oh Btw Sunwarrior.

Freddy Mercury from Queen, Bruce [bleep]inson from Iron Maiden, Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin and Rob Halford from Judas Priest are kick wagon vocalists.

Like we don't know those guys came with those bands.

we.gif

lol freaking.

btw this place is boring without arguements so i just like starting them. Gives you something to look for when your online. Plus you get to express your true feelings as shown in bold red above.

Haha, you just got BURNED, and you conseeded the point, good boy.

I'd have to say Flea and Justin Chancellor from Tool. :P

i'll say John Paul Jones, good bassist there, best i know of.

Mmmmm, being a huge Zepp fan, I wouldn't rate him too highly. But he was awesome, but I've hardly ever heard a Zepp song and gone OMG THAT BASS IS MEAN! And as a side note, he had a terrible singing voice, haha. I got some live tapes recorded off the radio of some of their live gigs, and he was singing along side Plant to The Battle of Evermore, he hashed it so bad.

A good album for you if you like JPJ would be ITTOD (In through the out door) an album heavily influenced by JPJ (their last studio album also) as Plant was still greiving the death of his son, Page was battling his heroin addiction, and Bonzo was having his own problems, lol.

Lets see what Sunwarrior has to say about that, I do think a little info is a good thing to add to your post then saying someones name huh?

John Paul Jones ftw, also nobody mentioned Phil Lynnott?

And btw sunwarrior... Ian Gillian?

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png