Spirit Cape

TheAncient

According to RSWiki:

The Spirit cape is a Dungeoneering reward. It requires 50 Defence, 50 Summoning and 50 Dungeoneering, and is members only. While worn, the special attack cost for combat summoning familiars is reduced by 20%,. As of 11/9/2010, this applies to scrolls as well.

The Spirit Cape does not work with stat boost from a special attack scroll, such as the Wolpertinger. The Spirit Cape works with the Unicorn Stallion familiar, even though it is not a combat familiar. It is the only non combat familiar that the Spirit Cape will reduce the cost.

Could we get a confirm on this?

And if it's true, is this item now really good?

One interesting thing to note: Uni heal should now only cost 16 points instead of 20. Seeing as how each dose of a summonpot restores 15 points, a summon pot is now (15/16)*4(149) = 558.75 HP. Almost as much as a brew!

Uni restore rate is about (30/16)*149 ~ 280 HP/min

As opposed to (30/20)*149 ~ 225 HP/min

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If it doesn't work with yak scrolls, it still gets a resounding "meh" from me. It could be useful for some applications, but none that I'd tend to use.

It's worth noting that the cape slot has some very useful alternatives, stat-wise. Fire cape, Ardougne cape, and SW cape are all things this cape needs to be better than to be worth using in a given situation (assuming you have those capes).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If it doesn't work with yak scrolls, it still gets a resounding "meh" from me. It could be useful for some applications, but none that I'd tend to use.

It's worth noting that the cape slot has some very useful alternatives, stat-wise. Fire cape, Ardougne cape, and SW cape are all things this cape needs to be better than to be worth using in a given situation (assuming you have those capes).

In most Pvm cases, I'm pretty sure SW cape is much better. Even so, the spirit cape still has nice niche uses.

Good job jagex.

NOW FIX THE AMULET OF ZEALOTS TROLOLOL

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

lalala confirms it works with uni

sigcopyaf.png

lalala confirms it works with uni

tell that nub to check if it works with yak

hes studying for a test and tells u to gtfo LOL jk

sigcopyaf.png

i bet somoning pures are drooling at the thought of this thing now! :P

anyway, besdies unicorn and titan scrolls, i dont see much use for this. would be nice if it efected the Fruit bat.

i wonder, does it efect the Abyssal titan? faster essense shipments could be usefull.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

i bet somoning pures are drooling at the thought of this thing now! :P

anyway, besdies unicorn and titan scrolls, i dont see much use for this. would be nice if it efected the Fruit bat.

i wonder, does it efect the Abyssal titan? faster essense shipments could be usefull.

No it couldn't. Ess mining with that thing is still, what, 500k/hour at most? Probably less. Hardly an impressive summon for someone who's already unlocked a unicorn (both expensive and good for various moneymaking activities).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

It only works on combat familiars (Including Unicorn Stallion), so the only real use for it is with Unicorn or Iron/Steel Titan, and possibly the elemental titans. Most other familiars aren't worth using the scroll ability constantly anyways. I don't see myself using this over Ardougne Cape 3/Soul Wars Cape/Fire Cape anytime soon.

i never use unicorn so i think i'll pass

Kinda funny that 88 summoning is such a big deal for a lot of people, but I very rarely (read: never) use unicorns.

I can see this cape having potential applications for slayer with a steel titan.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

i never use unicorn so i think i'll pass

Kinda funny that 88 summoning is such a big deal for a lot of people, but I very rarely (read: never) use unicorns.

I can see this cape having potential applications for slayer with a steel titan.

It's because people who are just getting around to 88 summoning usually don't have access to the wonderful world of Turmoil and Soul split, when defense and healing just don't matter anymore.

I rarely use Unicorns myself either, I still think it's something to be happy about though. I got great use out of mine when it was all I had.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png