Boardwalk Empire

jessiepeak

two new users posting consecutively in a poorly constructed thread? My red flag is raised, by my hand remains above the button.

Never heard of the show, but it's probably OnDemand, or you could check Hulu or OvGuide to catch up on it the day after the show airs

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emerald_City_%28Boardwalk_Empire%29

I've seen the episode but i can't recap, i'm still coming to grip with the series. I think it will be like the Sopranos when it's done, you need to watch the series a couple of times to get a hold of everything.

Anyways, this serie only get better and better. I really really like it, i'd recommend anyone to watch - and give it a couple of episodes, because it grows.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

i tried to give this a shot because of how people keep comparing it to the sopranos

it is nothing like the sopranos. this show is a lot slower. my issue with this show is that it's hard for me to think of steve buscemi as a boss. wish they picked up a lesser known actor or someone that fits the part. the real nucky looked more like tony soprano

Obviously it gets compared to sopranos, but really shouldn't.

I think buscemi fits the role perfectly, i admit that it was a bit hard to grasp in the beginning.

if there was a role that was casted well in this show, it's the actor playing capone. everything else feels like a mismatch and forced

the sopranos didn't take a couple of episodes to capture someone. i remember watching the duck scene and fell in love with the show. it would've been ridiculous if it was attempted any other way, but the way they did it was captivating

this show has had nothing so far

i tried to give this a shot because of how people keep comparing it to the sopranos

it is nothing like the sopranos. this show is a lot slower. my issue with this show is that it's hard for me to think of steve buscemi as a boss. wish they picked up a lesser known actor or someone that fits the part. the real nucky looked more like tony soprano

I'd partially agree. Only partially because I don't know a thing about the casting bit or the Sopranos.

It seems less "historical gangster-drama" and more of loosely exploring the characters with a bit of gangster drama to mix things up. Kind of a bait-and-switch after the first episode.

if there was a role that was casted well in this show, it's the actor playing capone. everything else feels like a mismatch and forced

the sopranos didn't take a couple of episodes to capture someone. i remember watching the duck scene and fell in love with the show. it would've been ridiculous if it was attempted any other way, but the way they did it was captivating

this show has had nothing so far

Each to his own i guess.

Nice to know that a 2nd season is coming tho.

my issue with this show is that it's hard for me to think of steve buscemi as a boss.

Lmao, good point.

I find the show very humorous and entertaining. Buscemi is quite the character. "Go read a [bleep]in book!" As far as the plot goes, it's just a bunch of background information to me. I don't care.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't watched it much but I gotta say the costumes are spot on.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Van Alden, talking about evolving a character.

Argh, so long wait until season 2!

Thankfully Californication starts soon lol.

Started watching it 2 days ago, love the atmosphere.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man I've only slept 4 hours because I had to watch the last episodes of Boardwalk, I couldn't stop myself. The compilations they do as they murder a handful of people are the most badass clips I've ever experienced from a TV show.

hiccup.png