Anybody Else Give Up on Combat?

Maze

Ive thought about giving up on combat, but its the most fun rs has to offer. And i dont think dungoneering is a bad skill, but it just forces you to interact with other people and that can be difficult.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the person used TOG/penguins to that level, I'd say it's fair for them to dislike it.

Nope. They don't know anything about the skill at level 60. If you have no knowledge of something, you can't reasonably have an opinion about it.

Please, both of you, stop making me state the obvious.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Unless the person used TOG/penguins to that level, I'd say it's fair for them to dislike it.

Nope. They don't know anything about the skill at level 60. If you have no knowledge of something, you can't reasonably have an opinion about it.

Oh dear god, I'm so sorry about that. How can I forget that you're obviously correct in your opinions and that once you hit level 60, you magically gain a whole new perspective on the whole skill! God forbid anyone actually go through large floors 25- and learn what the skill is all about!!!!

Staurolite.png

Oh dear god, I'm so sorry about that. How can I forget that you're obviously correct in your opinions and that once you hit level 60, you magically gain a whole new perspective on the whole skill! God forbid anyone actually go through large floors 25- and learn what the skill is all about!!!!

When did I state that 60 grants one intrinsic knowledge of the skill? I didn't say that. Congratulations -- you can read! Just kidding. Come back when you feel like constructing an actual argument. It takes a lot of experience to become a pro dungeoneer. The skill does not end at an absurdly low level like most other skills, and it changes quite drastically the higher level you are. Mining is almost exactly the same from level 1 to 99. Construction is almost exactly the same from level 1 to 99.

Oh dear god, I'm so sorry about that. How could I forget that you're obviously correc- lol, just kidding, you're wrong, as per usual.

dgs5.jpg

That happens at level 70

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

When did I state that 60 grants one intrinsic knowledge of the skill? I didn't say that. Congratulations -- you can read! Just kidding. Come back when you feel like constructing an actual argument. It takes a lot of experience to become a pro dungeoneer. The skill does not end at an absurdly low level like most other skills, and it changes quite drastically the higher level you are. Mining is almost exactly the same from level 1 to 99. Construction is almost exactly the same from level 1 to 99.

Oh dear god, I'm so sorry about that. How could I forget that you're obviously correc- lol, just kidding, you're wrong, as per usual.

So anyone who's not a "pro-dungeoneer" can't have an opinion on the skill? Then you probably shouldn't be mentioning the skill at all, nor me. I never said it takes 60 dg to become pro, rofl, can you read?

Also, Leyenda, it's at 120 obviously, that's when you can get 4 binds! Makes dungeons go super fast.

Staurolite.png

Oh dear god, I'm so sorry about that. How can I forget that you're obviously correct in your opinions God forbid anyone actually go through large floors 25- and learn what the skill is all about!!!!

So anyone who's not a "pro-dungeoneer" can't have an opinion on the skill? Then you probably shouldn't be mentioning the skill at all, nor me. I never said it takes 60 dg to become pro, rofl, can you read?

Also, Leyenda, it's at 120 obviously, that's when you can get 4 binds! Makes dungeons go super fast.

Sorry to ask, but were you going to attempt to argue at some point in this conversation? I was under the impression that you wanted to, so I took the time to respond appropriately. I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

dgs5.jpg

Holey cow dude didn't you notice the recycled junk from floor 1 to floor 50.

Nothing changes in dungeoneering other than the scenery.

Hell I went warped last night and met up with an old friend from the pheonix cave.

Yeah them stupid lava mage things.

Dungeoneering = colored keys in colored holes and some puzzle to annoy you (which you can get on any floor).

Only thing you get that is new is a boss.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Oh dear god, I'm so sorry about that. How can I forget that you're obviously correct in your opinions God forbid anyone actually go through large floors 25- and learn what the skill is all about!!!!

Sorry to ask, but were you going to attempt to argue at some point in this conversation? I was under the impression that you wanted to, so I took the time to respond appropriately. I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

What I said: "Unless the person used TOG/penguins to that level, I'd say it's fair for them to dislike it"

What you responded with: "No, you're wrong, I'm right. They don't know anything at 60, end of story."

My point: "you don't need to be pro-dungeoneer to have an opinion on it"

Your turn, please.

Staurolite.png

As I've said, someone with level 60 dungeoneering has hardly scratched the surface of the skill. It's akin to watching the first 30 seconds of a movie and saying "yeah, didn't like one of the extras so [bleep] this movie."

dgs5.jpg

But dungeoneering has the same mechanics from 1-60 just as from 60-99, 99-120. You learn the basics of dungeoneering at the early levels, so why can't they have an opinion? Even if they don't know all the tricks to keying/ rushing floors in 30 minutes, what gives you the right to say they can't dislike the skill?

You don't scratch the surface at level 60, you learn the basics that are key throughout your dungeoneering career, which I'd say is damn important. That's hardly akin to 30 seconds of a movie.

Staurolite.png

But dungeoneering has the same mechanics from 1-60 just as from 60-99, 99-120. You learn the basics of dungeoneering at the early levels, so why can't they have an opinion? Even if they don't know all the tricks to keying/ rushing floors in 30 minutes, what gives you the right to say they can't dislike the skill?

You don't scratch the surface at level 60, you learn the basics that are key throughout your dungeoneering career, which I'd say is damn important. That's hardly akin to 30 seconds of a movie.

Uh no, you hardly learn anything from level 1-60. You learn basic skill mechanics, which is not tantamount to knowing how to dungeoneer. I know the rules of football, but that doesn't make me a pro football player. Dungeoneering is definitely not the same from 1-60, 60-99, or 99-120, and arguing to the contrary shows just how little you know about it.

dgs5.jpg

Uh no, you hardly learn anything from level 1-60. You learn basic skill mechanics, which is not tantamount to knowing how to dungeoneer. I know the rules of football, but that doesn't make me a pro football player. Dungeoneering is definitely not the same from 1-60, 60-99, or 99-120, and arguing to the contrary shows just how little you know about it.

Face it.

You called somebody an idiot for having level 60 dungeoneering and not 120.

Its your opinion.

You can have.

Even if it makes you look like an idiot.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I have given up on combat.

I just don't care about boss hunting, and there isn't much else to do with combat after 99 slayer.

Don't say i should do dunging, because I also have 60 dunging and stopped after reaching 60, due to the insight that this is not a skill I want to level more.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I dont see how having an opinion on dungeoneering after ~10+ hours doing the skill makes you "an idiot".

Lol? Because at 60 you've hardly begun to scratch the surface of the skill, obviously. That's so obvious, in fact, that I feel the need to repeat that sentence for emphasis. Because at 60 you've hardly begun to scratch the surface of the skill, obviously.

When I got 60 runecrafting, I hated it. I still hate it 14 levels later. According to you, since I've barely scratched the surface or the skill, I'm an idiot for having an opinion about it.

You can hate dungeoneering after 10 levels...because what if I don't like the idea of raiding through dungeons? That's what dungeoneering is, and if I don't like it...being higher level isn't go to change that. Disliking a skill when you're low level isn't idiotic...it's an early opinion.

The only differences when you level dungeoneering are the floor types, bind slots and teams (which sometimes isn't even an issue, since if you have good friends, you can just dung with them). The basic mechanic is the same...you start a dungeon, go through it to the boss, kill it, then leave. Sure having access to more might make some like it more, but the core skill is the same...and people are more then entitled to dislike it at an early stage in their training. They are not an idiot for not liking it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Do you mean to imply that you cannot have an opinion on football?

You hardly need to be pro at something to like/dislike it. Similarly, do you have no opinion on science, mathematics, literature, politics and the like? Your knowledge of such subjects barely scratches the surface (I assume you're not a genius polymath) .

Castle of Zoltar

Really, has anybody else given up on combat?

I have.

I personally feel like combat is a bit too much of a chore. You have to train Dungeoneering to the Rapier weapons (a skill I don't like), Summoning if you want to be good at bosses/carry more equipment (another skill I hate training), and saving up and getting the expensive equipment is so tedious, and you can lose it easily if you die.

I guess you could say I gave up on combat because it's a bit too cumbersome, with the quests you have to do to unlock the areas and get the equipment, all the skills you must train to do those quests and to do combat well itself, and the money you must make in order to get the good equipment. :/

What's everyone's opinion on this?

Probably a sign you are playing the wrong game then, it would seem.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Man, I never even said 60 dungeoneering makes you pro, so I don't know where that football thing came from. You're whole "i'm right, you're wrong" way of argueing is no way to go about it. I personally have 89 dungeoneering, and I can say from 1-60, and 60-89 were not very different. The only things that changed were better keying, better teammates, etc. But the BASICS, ie. exploring the dungeon, fighting a boss, getting exp, the whole concept of the skill does NOT change. And people ARE allowed to dislike dungeoneering because of the way it's built, and I personally know many people who dislike because it doesn't fit their play style.

Just for the record, I have liked dungeoneering since level 1, and will probably continue to train it for more weapons to add to my arsenal. See, I liked it at level 1, and at level 30, level 60, level 80, and soon level 90. I can have an opinion on it.

Staurolite.png

I actually lol'd at all of you misunderstanding what I posted. However, because this seems to be my fault for not being more clear, I'll attempt to clarify my stance:

- IN DUNGEONEERING (notice that I said 'dungeoneering' and not 'runecrafting'), tactics and knowledge are gained through experience more than anything else. You can read up on theory and strategy all you want, but it won't help you if you don't try it and master it.

- Because there's such a vast difference between the experience of a level 60 dungeoneer and a level 100 dungeoneer, forming an opinion of the skill at such a low level (60) is shortsighted and tantamount to, again, watching 30 seconds of a movie and declaring that its a bad movie. It's not like other skills -- you are not doing the same thing from 1 to 120.

- Implying that dungeoneering is the same from 1 to 120 is implying that every level 60 dungeoneer could be given a completely maxed account, thrown onto a team, and be expected to perform just as well as a real 120 dungeoneer. Obviously this does not happen. For proof, look at the difference between 117 and 3BO. Surely world 117 teams would be just as good as 3BO teams if dungeoneering was exactly the same from level 1 to 120. The difference is experience (and I don't mean EXP).

- No, there is not some magic level at which you become a pro dungeoneer. A few of you keep saying that and I can't imagine why.

- Knowing basic skill mechanics does not make one experienced at dungeoneering.

BOTTOM LINE: It is unreasonable to form a negative opinion of dungeoneering before you've really delved into the skill.

dgs5.jpg

You seem to be under the impression that the quality of the team is the ONLY thing to judge dungeoneering on.

Like I've said, some people just dislike how the skill is built, what's to stop them from saying that at level 60 than at level 120? So what's for you to say who can have an opinion and who can't? This has nothing to do with being "pro" at dungeoneering.

Anyways, this is getting really off-topic.

OT: I find combat fun in spurts, if that makes sense. There can be a period of time where I'm totally into slayer, and train that for a couple weeks, but then I burn out and focus more on other stuff like training skills like construction, crafting, etc. And then I'll move onto minigames like castle wars, trouble brewing, and maybe go PK a bit. And maybe go back to slayer. Just like how sometimes I am really into herb farming, then other times I can't even bring myself to do a single run for five minutes.

Granted, some of those things are still combat related, but usually there's no grind in them, and it's just for enjoyment.

Staurolite.png

Man, I never even said 60 dungeoneering makes you pro, so I don't know where that football thing came from. You're whole "i'm right, you're wrong" way of argueing is no way to go about it. I personally have 89 dungeoneering, and I can say from 1-60, and 60-89 were not very different. The only things that changed were better keying, better teammates, etc. But the BASICS, ie. exploring the dungeon, fighting a boss, getting exp, the whole concept of the skill does NOT change. And people ARE allowed to dislike dungeoneering because of the way it's built, and I personally know many people who dislike because it doesn't fit their play style.

Just for the record, I have liked dungeoneering since level 1, and will probably continue to train it for more weapons to add to my arsenal. See, I liked it at level 1, and at level 30, level 60, level 80, and soon level 90. I can have an opinion on it.

The bold isn't a big change at all.

Most people with 60 Dungeoneering have ToG'd/Penguin'd/Lamp'd some of it.

If you enjoy epic boss fights, Dungeoneering is for you. If you like playing with other people, Dungeoneering is for you. If you enjoy a slow, solo experience, Dungeoneering is for you.

If you don't like soloing and you don't like idiots, Dungeoneering probably isn't for you unless you have a good, dedicated, group of friends.

Honestly, before about 70 or so I found Dungeoneering incredibly boring. From 70-81, I dunged with a team of good friends mostly and it was a ton of fun.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

You seem to be under the impression that the quality of the team is the ONLY thing to judge dungeoneering on.

Like I've said, some people just dislike how the skill is built, what's to stop them from saying that at level 60 than at level 120? So what's for you to say who can have an opinion and who can't? This has nothing to do with being "pro" at dungeoneering.

Anyways, this is getting really off-topic.

OT: I find combat fun in spurts, if that makes sense. There can be a period of time where I'm totally into slayer, and train that for a couple weeks, but then I burn out and focus more on other stuff like training skills like construction, crafting, etc. And then I'll move onto minigames like castle wars, trouble brewing, and maybe go PK a bit. And maybe go back to slayer. Just like how sometimes I am really into herb farming, then other times I can't even bring myself to do a single run for five minutes.

Granted, some of those things are still combat related, but usually there's no grind in them, and it's just for enjoyment.

There's a difference between disliking how the skill works and disliking the skill despite having not tried it. I'll try to provide a metaphorical example of what I mean.

- I dislike K'ril because of his slam attack. In other words, I dislike a basic mechanic of K'ril.

- I dislike Graar because of the extraordinary amount of competition. I have a lot of experience at Graar, and I've formed my negative opinion based on my collective experiences.

In the first case, I don't need a whole lot of experience to know that I don't like getting hit that high and having my prayer drained. In the second case, I've based my opinion off of my experiences, and it has nothing to do with Graar's mechanics.

I can't think of a better example right now. It's a subtle difference, so my apologies if that doesn't make sense (fault would be with me on that one).

dgs5.jpg

[hide]

I actually lol'd at all of you misunderstanding what I posted. However, because this seems to be my fault for not being more clear, I'll attempt to clarify my stance:

- IN DUNGEONEERING (notice that I said 'dungeoneering' and not 'runecrafting'), tactics and knowledge are gained through experience more than anything else. You can read up on theory and strategy all you want, but it won't help you if you don't try it and master it.

- Because there's such a vast difference between the experience of a level 60 dungeoneer and a level 100 dungeoneer, forming an opinion of the skill at such a low level (60) is shortsighted and tantamount to, again, watching 30 seconds of a movie and declaring that its a bad movie. It's not like other skills -- you are not doing the same thing from 1 to 120.

- Implying that dungeoneering is the same from 1 to 120 is implying that every level 60 dungeoneer could be given a completely maxed account, thrown onto a team, and be expected to perform just as well as a real 120 dungeoneer. Obviously this does not happen. For proof, look at the difference between 117 and 3BO. Surely world 117 teams would be just as good as 3BO teams if dungeoneering was exactly the same from level 1 to 120. The difference is experience (and I don't mean EXP).

- No, there is not some magic level at which you become a pro dungeoneer. A few of you keep saying that and I can't imagine why.

- Knowing basic skill mechanics does not make one experienced at dungeoneering.

BOTTOM LINE: It is unreasonable to form a negative opinion of dungeoneering before you've really delved into the skill.

[/hide]

Let's say I'm level 60 dungeoneering.

I DO NOT like raiding through a dungeon

I DO NOT like killing boss monsters

I DO NOT like finding keys, doing puzzle rooms, running through rooms of strong monsters of every different combat type

I DO NOT like finding/working with teams

I'm an idiot for not liking dungeoneering at level 60 even though all of the qualities of dungeoneering don't appeal to me?

No, you're wrong. You can dislike dungeoneering at level 60, because some people DO NOT like going through dungeons. It is not unreasonable to for a negative opinion of dungeoneering when you DO NOT like ANY of the things that dungeoneering is. If I don't like raiding dungeons, I will not like dungeoneering, regardless of what level I am.

Also, being a high level in dungeoneering does not mean you're good at it. Sure, it helps to know what dungeoneering is, and what's in it. But I can assure you, there's people with dungeoneering levels in the 40s who are better than level 90+ dungoneerers out there.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

- I dislike K'ril because of his slam attack. In other words, I dislike a basic mechanic of K'ril..

Really? I dislike K'ril because he's boring in a team, dangerous while soloing, unrewarding, ugly, and takes a while to get to. Seriously, he's the second worst boss in RuneScape behind only the KQ.

If anything, RS needs to bosses to vacate Bandos, etc. 110's (or me, for that matter) should be able to solo Bandos, it's just Jagex's fault for not creating higher-level bosses to challenge higher-level players.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.