Crossbow decisions... Karils or rune?

Vezon Dash

Ok.... Dumb question, but once upon a time we all used to use Karils crossbow for fightcaves. With the crossbow update, Karils seems to have become obsolete. I recently heard that using Karils crossbow will considerably speed up the fightcaves... So the question is: should I use Karils crossbow or stick with rune? My ranged is 74 for those of you wondering.

I can easily get to Jad, it's just the fact that it takes so long to get to him. I could even take a crystal bow or something for jad if I needed to.

Cry bow is even more outdated then Karil's xbow. If you're really hurting for huge damage on Jad, take a handcannon. Other then that, rune xbow + diamond (e) is the best.

And if you're worried about how long it takes, look up some guides on how to melee the caves. It gets extremely faster that way.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

karils is about 20% faster damage output than rune with broad bolts.

Crystal bow's barely better than rune + broad bolts at full charge I believe.

Handcannon also has some highly rated damage output as well.

About 6% better than karils

it's just a matter of expense.

You'll blow more than 1 handcannon an hour, ontop of up to 1200 ammo per hour. (about 800k gp/hour)

karils can fire up to 2000 bolt racks per hour, costing you about (about 400k gp/hour atm)

and once again, karils is about 20% better dps than rune cbow + broad bolts

and handcannon is about 6% better dps than karils.

karils is by no means outdated. For the current price, it's the best weapon for anybody that makes over 2 mil gp hour

handcannon is worthwhile if you make over 6.7 mil gp/hour, inventory space is not an issue, and you have high firemaking level (95+ i'd say)

Naaxi.png

rune c'bow has always been bad at fight caves because of its short range, making luring harder and therefore making you take significantly more damage (despite the fact that you get to use a shield).

karil's xbow is probably the best weapon for fight caves still, but it's not the most cost-efficient. crystal bow is the best all-around weapon for the caves since it's still very powerful and has awesome reach

77yLQy8.png

rune c'bow has always been bad at fight caves because of its short range, making luring harder and therefore making you take significantly more damage (despite the fact that you get to use a shield).

karil's xbow is probably the best weapon for fight caves still, but it's not the most cost-efficient. crystal bow is the best all-around weapon for the caves since it's still very powerful and has awesome reach

+1 to that, because it's Muggiwhiplar talking about fight caves. Speaking of which, if your guide is still around Muggi, why isn't it in your siggy o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

how do you need the ability to shoot that far in the fight caves..?

anyway for skilled fire cape-ers, ranged is obsolete.

For example, if you're safespotting a 180 with a 360 behind it, rune c'bow won't reach far enough for you to be able to attack the 180 w/o being hit by the 360, whereas other weapons will

77yLQy8.png

Karil's x bow is what I usually use for caves.

CBA to melee due to risk of fail and having to pay full attention, range doesn't take much longer for being really easy.

Wouldn't risk using handcannon for caves, I'm also skeptical that it would be higher DPS considering all of the low hp/low defence monsters there are.

Melee is by far the best for the caves, and I'd use a handcannon for Jad because of the range issue. I was able to hit healers across him from the weirdest angles :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I use crystal bow till Jad, when I make use of the 2 hand cannons I have with me.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Doesn't Karil have an even shorter range then rune?

Anyways, I've just always used rune crossbow, it just makes it easier to be. (although now I melee...so yea :unsure: )

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png