Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game industry needs to set their eyes on the sky

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Game industry needs to set their eyes on the sky (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you waiting for a Online flight game to be released?

1. Helllll yeeeeeeeeah! I said hell yeeeeeeeeeeeah! (3 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

2. Yes (8 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. I get dizzy of all the accerlation:S (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No (27 votes [71.05%])

Percentage of vote: 71.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
PLEASE TAKE PART IN THE VOTE (Interested to look at it ; ) )

If you look up, you will see the sky, which is the battleground for Flight games. I Youtubed/Googled "Online Flight PC Games" in hope of finding a online game with World War 2 style, but no, i haven¨t found one.

What do you think? Should Game industry create a Flight game that has similar gameplay like Call of duty? I know i have made a other topic asking about a RPG game with Call of duty gameplay, but that¨s because Call of duty is such fun game, like FIFA is for football/soccer fans. I have seen 500,000+ players online playing Black Ops, and a friend has told me he has seen 1,000,000.

Now to my point, with such great popularity that Call of Duty has, why not make a similar game, but only in air? Why not? Please let me know how you feel about such a game.

Relevant videos to watch;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeKqqGXUQuk

(This one below has a impressive trailer, but unfortunately it seems there is no online player vs player i think);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JwNfW90mIQ&feature=fvsr

PLEASE TAKE PART IN THE VOTE (Interested to look at it ; ) )

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Why does everything need to be like CoD?...

Once again your posts confuse me. I don't really get how a flight sim can be comparable to CoD. I don't know what you want similar to CoD. There used to be plenty of online flight sim games though, I don't know any recently though.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
Do you mean like 16 people in planes trying to shoot each other down with kill streaks and perks? That sounds corny if so.

Low_C.png

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB
*cough* ACE COMBAT 6!!! *cough*

I know AC6 was not widley know, but it's one of my favorite arcade style games ever. It did have a multiplayer section on it and all and all it was okay (I think at one point i was one of the top 100 players on back in the day)

With this said, it would be cool to have a game like this, but I dont see anyone making one.

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

Why does everything need to be like CoD?...

Once again your posts confuse me. I don't really get how a flight sim can be comparable to CoD. I don't know what you want similar to CoD. There used to be plenty of online flight sim games though, I don't know any recently though.

I don't get why you find it confusing, but ok. And how can you not get a flight game can be compared to CoD? Human using gun (Call of duty), Human using helicopter/f16 in (Flight game).

Do you mean like 16 people in planes trying to shoot each other down with kill streaks and perks? That sounds corny if so.

I am suggesting similar style, but not exact same. I would rather avoid kill streaks myself, but that's me. And yes, 16 people in planes trying to shoot eachother CAN BE corny if it's done wrong.

Ouchy
[ Display Name History ]

Ouchy

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,365 posts
No. I know it sounds good, but there limited as hell too what you can do. Plus they are actually really boring.
Ever played 'Secret Weapons of Normandy'? It got boring quickly.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

Posted Image

____
[ Display Name History ]

____

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10,000 posts
Some of the BF2 mods accounted for this... but hey, if you're after a standalone game, gl.

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
Fly some banshees in Halo, oh wait, you're a CoD fan, you'd rather die before you try halo :razz:

But yea, try it.

Staurolite.png

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
I'm not too fond of aerial combat, mainly because I'm awful at maneuvring in all possible directions. I usually end up getting shot down easily or going 'hurr durr' and crashing into the ground. I have no spatial awareness. ._.

My ideal game based around flight would be one based around exploring. You'd have a gargantuan game world that's very pretty, lots of hidden nooks and like easter eggs and stuff, things to collect, stuff to do, etc. Preferably not in a ship or something rigid like that, a guy with wings would be pretty great. :3
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Some of the BF2 mods accounted for this... but hey, if you're after a standalone game, gl.

Even basic bf2 had some flight elements irrc.

Flight sim games, even combat ones, are generally pretty boring. To each his own, I suppose.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

No. I know it sounds good, but there limited as hell too what you can do. Plus they are actually really boring.

i think it could be quite good if you ask me. Here are some thoughts that hit me for such game;

- At top left corner can be map & mirror. Mirror to use when someone will shoot a rocket towards you.
- At this point you can then use flares or distracting manuvers. Against bullets you can do a manuver to avoid em.

- Rockets can be limited
- Guns not limited, but takes time to kill a enemy with it.
- When you kill a enemy you get supplied with two more rockets once again

I see great potential in such a game. It just needs to be done right.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

i think it could be quite good if you ask me. Here are some thoughts that hit me for such game;

- At top left corner can be map & mirror. Mirror to use when someone will shoot a rocket towards you.
- At this point you can then use flares or distracting manuvers. Against bullets you can do a manuver to avoid em.

- Rockets can be limited
- Guns not limited, but takes time to kill a enemy with it.
- When you kill a enemy you get supplied with two more rockets once again

I see great potential in such a game. It just needs to be done right.

Is it going to be in 3 dimensions? because if it's just a flat plane that you can move around on, then it'd be just like any shooter, and having it "flying" would be useless.

Most games have a minimap, that's nothing new, and neither is a mirror so you can see behind you.

You don't sound like you want anything different from CoD, you only want more of the same. Just play CoD and be happy with it, that's what you really want.

Overdoziz
[ Display Name History ]

Overdoziz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,241 posts
The Wii is quite popular, why not make it a Wii-exclusive?! And control your plane with the balance board.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

You don't sound like you want anything different from CoD, you only want more of the same. Just play CoD and be happy with it, that's what you really want.

Call of duty was just example of what things the flight game can use, such as map. As far as i know there is no mirror to show whats behind you on Call of duty. If your gonna make a game, you should be innovative. Now i am not the person who¨s gonna make a flight game, but that¨s what i hope the developers of such game would be...INNOVATIVE.

They should take aspects of classic Flight games and new aspects. It¨s unfortunated that so few people share my hope of a good multiplayer Flight game. :unsure:

And i am not a major call of duty fan. But the game is great. I don¨t need you to tell me to play Call of duty, i am already, but a Flight game might be more appealing...

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Call of duty was just example of what things the flight game can use, such as map. As far as i know there is no mirror to show whats behind you on Call of duty. If your gonna make a game, you should be innovative. Now i am not the person who¨s gonna make a flight game, but that¨s what i hope the developers of such game would be...INNOVATIVE.

They should take aspects of classic Flight games and new aspects. It¨s unfortunated that so few people share my hope of a good multiplayer Flight game. :unsure:

And i am not a major call of duty fan. But the game is great. I don¨t need you to tell me to play Call of duty, i am already, but a Flight game might be more appealing...

So i'm going to say this once, and hopefully you'll be able to answer me on this, so here I go.

*clears throat* What?

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
I think there's another Ace Combat in the works.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

I think there's another Ace Combat in the works.

Indeed there is...

I have always loved the Ace Combat series, my favorite being Unsung War.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Call of duty was just example of what things the flight game can use, such as map

Seriously... dude. Are you really using a minimap as an example of what makes CoD, well, CoD?

I just honestly don't get it. You say you don't want killstreaks, killstreaks are pretty much what separates CoD from other FPS games. (that and perks).

____
[ Display Name History ]

____

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10,000 posts

Even basic bf2 had some flight elements irrc.

Flight sim games, even combat ones, are generally pretty boring. To each his own, I suppose.

True, but the maximum of 4 planes, 2 combat choppers and 2/4? black hawks would never match the 30+ aircraft you could get in some mods.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
Using call of duty as an example makes me think of an incredibly stupid game concept. It's already been used dry. Like the op said, thinking innovative is what sells games... Really don't see how this could be done well without being incredibly stupid or corny.

Low_C.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users