The only crashing I like is the sound of ice spells hitting

Lielac

Dear sirs,

I understand that sometimes an empty world is hard to find. However, it is REALLY ANNOYING when I've been here for an hour at least, and someone comes waltzing in and attacks the mummies I'm bursting without so much as a by-your-leave. It's even more annoying when two people are doing that at the same time.

I understand your desire to get that coveted ranged level, dear sirs. However, 12 mummies means that one person is quite comfortable, two people are working at two thirds maximum speed at BEST, and three people are getting cramped. And I don't see why I should be the one to hop when you're the crashers.

Leaving now that I have 80 Magic,

Lielac

Yep, got crashed three or four times -- and they overlapped -- in the Chaos Tunnel Mummies. Did I miss the memo about it no longer being the done thing to hop if someone else is there when you get to the spot, or are people just jackasses?

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Crashing at mummies is like... pointless. There's empty worlds to go around... But yeah, what Kimberly said, some people are just annoying. For example people attacking your stunning frog :/

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yea you missed the memo, it was in Gen. DIscussion several months ago. So now all we can do it rage at them and be called idiots because we're too stupid to train to better stats so as to not get crashed.

I also hate it when I'm barraging nechs and some guy starts attacking them, messing up my lures and stealing my kills <_<

Staurolite.png

Tis annoying, but its life I'm afraid.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yea you missed the memo, it was in Gen. DIscussion several months ago. So now all we can do it rage at them and be called idiots because we're too stupid to train to better stats so as to not get crashed.

I also hate it when I'm barraging nechs and some guy starts attacking them, messing up my lures and stealing my kills <_<

You obviously didn't read that thread very carefully. They were more or less talking about situations where empty worlds don't exist, like bandos.

In this case, even most elitists would agree the people are being jackasses.

Welcome to Runescape.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You obviously didn't read that thread very carefully. They were more or less talking about situations where empty worlds don't exist, like bandos.

Welcome to Runescape.

Orrrrrrr they'd just say that if they've got better stats and gear, they can force the person to hop. Although, in a case like this it's a matter of whose more stubborn.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Welcome to Runescape.

This. No point in crashing mummies at all.

Also, lol@All_Is_Great for trying to sling mud. Read harder next time.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

crashing mummies is like crashing lumby gobs L

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

He asked:

Did I miss the memo about it no longer being the done thing to hop if someone else is there when you get to the spot, or are people just jackasses?

I replied:

Did that crashing thread really say "Yea, no one should crash because it's not nice" or did it say "we earned the right to crash anyone we want, so live with it".

Wheres the mudslinging?

Staurolite.png

He asked:

Did I miss the memo about it no longer being the done thing to hop if someone else is there when you get to the spot, or are people just jackasses?

I replied:

Did that crashing thread really say "Yea, no one should crash because it's not nice" or did it say "we earned the right to crash anyone we want, so live with it".

Wheres the mudslinging?

If you had actually read it, you'd know that neither was said (except by a very small minority). The general consensus was that crashing -- depending on the monster -- was sometimes necessary. For example: At Graar, it's always necessary; at CT mummies, it should never be necessary; at TDs, it should rarely be necessary, but crashing TDs is an exercise in futility anyway unless you're a real [bleep] and try to get the other guy killed (assuming you're unprovoked).

Considering that you posted in that thread yourself, I'm a little surprised that you still don't know the argument presented by those in favor of crashing.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'd agree crashing on mummies is useless.

The message I got from that thread was "I can use this spot better than you, therefore I will crash you" or "crashing is neccessary", which answers OP's question about "Did I miss the memo about it no longer being the done thing to hop if someone else is already there"?

I'm talking about crashing in general (which I thought was the question, not just about mummies), in case OP ever wants to move from mummies to somewhere else.

Staurolite.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the following will be a text containing a few censored words.

Ok, short story: I've [bleep]ing had enough with these piss ass idiot crashers.

I've played this game for many many years now, and I've always hopped servers if a spot is too crowded when I've arrived...

Sometimes it's taking 1 server, sometimes 10, but i do it to keep the game enjoyable.

Now, if I'm slaying at kuradals place, people usually hop. That's obviously due to them not being a [developmentally delayed].

So recently, I've started ranging mummies in chaos tunnels to get to 99 ranging (not the fastest way, but convenient), and it's quite fun since i haven't been ranging for some time.

Usually it's already booked, so you have to hop a couple of servers, no problem. I don't mind those running past either, and 4 out of 5 chinners hop when I'm there.

But that one fifth, god [bleep]ing damn they piss me off. Now, they must be [developmentally delayed]ed, because they never stand at the good spots and only chin like 5 mummies... Even if I'm still there after a few mins of cussing. It's not effective training for them or for me.

I usually don't swear in Runescape, since all the 12 year olds will report you for saying "naughty words".

But now I've [bleep]ing had it, why must they be such [wagon]es?!?!??!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

These last couple of times a crasher has come, I've just blown up. I've been swearing for a few mins and said all possible things. I just get so fed up with it... Why can't they be nice?

I don't care anymore, if a kid reports me and Jagex bans me, go ahead. I've paid enough [bleep]ing money over the years which would've been enough for a few days of holiday in Italy.

God damn noobs!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Your fault for chinning at a terrible location in the first place

Eh, no. It's those who cannot behave whose fault it is.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé