How on earth am I supposed to make 930m gp to get my skills to 99?

Drichards2013

It kinda is, turmoil being around 8-10% more strength and attack, that means 8-10 more levels without potted stats (not sure how they stack). Extremes are 7 added levels.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, given how much things cost. I'm going to have to take care of one thing at a time. I cannot afford 95 prayer at the moment. However, I believe I may be able to afford to get to the level required to make extreme potions. 89 right? I need 113m gp to do that if I make prayer potion (3)s. I'd be left with about 20m cash. I'm not sure that i"m willing to go that low.

Let's backtrack and sum everything up. The plan I've been able to put together based on everyone's responses is:

1.) Get 85 Dungeoneering

2.) Achieve 95 Prayer

3.) Achieve 89 Herblore

4.) Slay until I have enough charms to use the Pack Yak

3.) Frost Dragons while flipping.

Amirite?

Let's backtrack and sum everything up. The plan I've been able to put together based on everyone's responses is:

1.) Get 85 Dungeoneering

2.) Achieve 95 Prayer

3.) Achieve 89 Herblore

4.) Slay until I have enough charms to use the Pack Yak

3.) Frost Dragons while flipping.

Amirite?

I would advise not to worry about 95 prayer, and to only get 87 herblore as you can boost with a greensman (m) and do the logging trick to make enough potions for slaying.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

You would make prayer potions or whatever gp/xp potion is decent, until super antifires - then you would make say 500? of those to last you a while, then buy the materials for 500 extreme attack and strengths.

You could stew say a +3 from 86 to 89. And have 500 extreme attacks and strengths ready to make.

A boost can last indefinitely. Drink a super attack or something and wait for your stats to drop 1, then eat your stew. If you get the +3 herb boost required. Log out.

Everytime you login you will have 60 seconds to make potions, set a timer (swiftkit works well enough) and make potions until 50 seconds have elapsed from logging in, then log out again. When you log in, the stat depreciation counter will be at 0 again and you will have another minute to make potions.

This is obviously tedious but it means you can make extremes a few levels earlier, thus giving you a handy stockpile for combat & earning you some xp. (I say a +3 boost as it's less tedious to earn than a +4 or +5, but if you enjoy hunting rats...)

As for Prayer I'd recommend doing it all in one go, ie Turmoil or don't bother.

Don't forget effigies either. Once you have say prayer to 92+ these are worth the equivalent to 800k-1m gp in xp. Or obviously an hour of time on say agility or something slow later on.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I wrote this for someone else, but it works here, too:

This covers potions. Right now super attack and super defence look good (super defence being 50% faster but only a 5% more expensive or so) but you want to check the GE demand for them (buy and sell one of each ingredient at min, med and max, see if you get money back etc.). If it all buys/sells at med pretty well, go for it. Make them until level 82.

Now it's time to get mature greenman's ales, they're 50k each or so. You need one per herblore session and one per level you'll be using them for, that is to say, 2 at least.

Drink a cheap boosting potion, have an ale ready and the rest of your inventory filled with 14 unf pots. When you see the cheap boosted stat go down, drink the ale. You now have ~59 seconds to drop the beer glass, withdraw 14 secondaries, make 14 pots and lobby. Then log back in, deposit, withdraw 14 pots and seconds, make 14 pots and log again. Etcetera.

First you do 252,027 xp in special recovers, or about 1260 pots.

Then 278,259 xp in superantifires, or 1325 pots. You need to collect the feathers yourself. You probably don't need this many in a lifetime so you can go for 2k special recovers and the rest antifire.

You now need to stew. It's the same as usng the ale except that you have an inventory of stews, spices and super restore/greenman's ale (to counter negative stews).

Then 307,221 xp in extreme attacks (+4 stew) or 1396 pots, make 1500 or so.

Then 339,198 xp in extreme strength (+4 stew) or 1474 pots, make 1500 again. You should be beyond 86 now.

Then 374,502 xp in extreme defence (+4 stew) or 1560 pots. Because you made more attack&strength than you needed, you should need only about 1500 of these, nice and even.

Then 413,482 xp in extreme magics (+4 stew), however these pots suck so you only make them for overloads. Make about 500 of them.

The remaining 331,519 xp in extreme ranges(+5 stew) or 1275 pots, again make about 1500.

You're now 88 herblore and have 1500 of each useful extreme. If you want to get 91 for overload (1,517,055 xp), make about 1500 of each extreme but only 500 xmages (1550k xp). Then make ~1000 overload (all your xmages) and you should be near/at 93 herblore, with 1k overload and 2k of each usable extreme. Now just do super prayer/more ovl (with xmage) until 99.

Why this is efficient: Extremes vary from 20 to 35 gp/xp, so they can be quite expensive, HOWEVER you don't sell the potions back, which means that if you value the potions as highly as their super counterparts, they're ridiculously cheap. And fast. It really doesn't change with income, for example special recovers are only 7 gp/xp, and overloads are like 35, but also extremely fast xp.

A note on stewing to overload: you can withdraw 4 of each ingredient by using the mousekey + twice (it's a doubleclick).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If you want the flipping method to work, the key is to get all the cash in one go. Because of that, IHasChicken's advice wouldn't work with my method. Especially when he says to always do herblore. Since flipping is a percentage increase in cash, the bigger your cashpile the faster it will go. If you take breaks from flipping and spend what you make then it will take much longer then three months to make the money, not counting the break time.

Or, things could get more expensive in 3 months and you end out losing money.

Plus if he doesnt have ovls/turm he'd need them for efficient frost dragon killing.

So I don't really believe just hoarding money is the efficient thing.

Well then you clearly lack basic math skills, I did some basic graphs of flipping profits, just to try and find the formula that me and Zaaps1 were looking for, once you start flipping with 600m+ you are looking at 12m profit per flip with a 2% increase each flip. If you keep spending money on skills as you get it you will ultimately take longer. The real profits don't come from doing frost drags, they come from the flipping towards the end. For it to work however, you need to be patient enough to hold on to all your money until the end otherwise it's just going to take longer.

Things may get more expensive but by the time he has 930m he will be making 19m every flip cycle which means he will be able to catch up to any price increases within a day or two.

This is all assuming only making 2% per flip, good flippers make 4-5%. In that case at 930m he would make 38m every flip cycle. Your method would mean he could never get there because he would be constantly spending money on skills and making less then a million each flip cycle. Really, your method would take longer no matter how you try and spin it.

Also, I accounted for the fact that he has neither overloads nor extremes in my calculations, that's why frost dragons are 3m/h in my calculations. Realistically they could be even higher for him. The key is to have a yak which I believe he has. Most of the kills are from the cannon anyways.

My three month estimate is very conservative, with good flipping it could be done in two months.

While I'd agree that he should put off other buyables, really, im not suggesting 99 Herby AND Pray right off the bat.

He should get 95 Prayer and 91 Herblore and stop training them until he has a huge influx of cash.

And also I love how you instantly assume that ALL flips will be successful absolutely always. At least the 3.5m gp/hr at DK's is 100% certain, with flipping you could make an epic fail or an update could come that wtfpwns your cash pile.

Also, once you get up to the really high initial investments, GE limits come into play.

It's one thing to insult me and say your way is 100% better, but TBFH I haven't flipped a thing in my life and I have all my buyables all but done.

I would be careful giving merching advice. You could end up screwing up the person more than they are.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

If you want the flipping method to work, the key is to get all the cash in one go. Because of that, IHasChicken's advice wouldn't work with my method. Especially when he says to always do herblore. Since flipping is a percentage increase in cash, the bigger your cashpile the faster it will go. If you take breaks from flipping and spend what you make then it will take much longer then three months to make the money, not counting the break time.

Or, things could get more expensive in 3 months and you end out losing money.

Plus if he doesnt have ovls/turm he'd need them for efficient frost dragon killing.

So I don't really believe just hoarding money is the efficient thing.

Well then you clearly lack basic math skills, I did some basic graphs of flipping profits, just to try and find the formula that me and Zaaps1 were looking for, once you start flipping with 600m+ you are looking at 12m profit per flip with a 2% increase each flip. If you keep spending money on skills as you get it you will ultimately take longer. The real profits don't come from doing frost drags, they come from the flipping towards the end. For it to work however, you need to be patient enough to hold on to all your money until the end otherwise it's just going to take longer.

Things may get more expensive but by the time he has 930m he will be making 19m every flip cycle which means he will be able to catch up to any price increases within a day or two.

This is all assuming only making 2% per flip, good flippers make 4-5%. In that case at 930m he would make 38m every flip cycle. Your method would mean he could never get there because he would be constantly spending money on skills and making less then a million each flip cycle. Really, your method would take longer no matter how you try and spin it.

Also, I accounted for the fact that he has neither overloads nor extremes in my calculations, that's why frost dragons are 3m/h in my calculations. Realistically they could be even higher for him. The key is to have a yak which I believe he has. Most of the kills are from the cannon anyways.

My three month estimate is very conservative, with good flipping it could be done in two months.

While I'd agree that he should put off other buyables, really, im not suggesting 99 Herby AND Pray right off the bat.

He should get 95 Prayer and 91 Herblore and stop training them until he has a huge influx of cash.

And also I love how you instantly assume that ALL flips will be successful absolutely always. At least the 3.5m gp/hr at DK's is 100% certain, with flipping you could make an epic fail or an update could come that wtfpwns your cash pile.

Also, once you get up to the really high initial investments, GE limits come into play.

It's one thing to insult me and say your way is 100% better, but TBFH I haven't flipped a thing in my life and I have all my buyables all but done.

I would be careful giving merching advice. You could end up screwing up the person more than they are.

Yes, hence why I was very conservative in my estimates, good flippers make up to 4% each flip, the statistics I gave him were assuming only 2% each flip. This allows for him to fail some flips and allows for a learning curve. Just because you have all your buyables done doesn't make your advice better, my advice will have them all done much quicker which is what I'm guessing OP is looking for.

With flipping there are epic fails and wtfpwn update profits. But what really rakes in the cash is consistantly flipping twice a day for around 2-4%. It's easy and doable. Since you admit you have no experience with it then there isn't any reason for you to criticize. It's not hard, it took me about a week or two to figure it out, learn to read GE graphs, learn about the different items, ect.

Honestly I explained before that I added a margin for error in my estimations, it's up to you to read my posts and comprehend that.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I just wanted to add that those people implying that you can make 5% on a flip are either lieing, or flipping small items. Nearly all of the big items (gwd armour, santas, etc) only have a 0,5-2% flip marigin, meaning making 2% is the maximum you could get out of it. Of course, you can get lucky with long term trends, and make more (or get unlucky and make less). So yeah, if you start to hit big money, and flip big stuff (200m a flip), don't expect to make much over 1%).