Rise in bone prices?

dragon246665

So I hate to start another thread about "what will happen if the old wildy gets implemented into the game", but I don't think I've seen this issue addressed so far.

If the old wildy is reintroduced into the game, than players will be able to kill each other anywhere in the wilderness, and this would include the scores of green dragon botters out there. I am not at all condoning the use of bots, but they do without a doubt introduce massive amounts of dragon bones into the game, keeping prices low (low-ish). But with them gone, a major source of dragon bones will dry up with them. Another possible reason for the price of bones to spike is that pking might become more popular, and although many dime a dozen pures try to avoid training prayer, I've heard many stories of turmoil pures that would require massive amounts of bones before they could pk.

Anyone agree, disagree? What do you think will happen to the price of dragon bones?

Rejected.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll rise all right. Personally, I'm more worried about green d'hide prices, because I'm training crafting now and probably will be then. Unless they relocate green dragons, which is entirely possible.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

there were massive amounts of green dragon bots in the old wild, I expect them to return.

@the above

why would the relocate green dragons? they were a part of the old wild and hides and bones were CHEAPER then the are now..

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

They will move ct so you don't have to go through wild. The bots will be updated within days.

Makes sense. The last time botting took a hit, yew logs and pure ess got much more expensive than they used to be.

I wonder if the bots will move to blue dragons.

Watchtower place is already packed with blue drag bots, taverly not so much

Makes sense. The last time botting took a hit, yew logs and pure ess got much more expensive than they used to be.

I wonder if the bots will move to blue dragons.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Maybe not 1.5k, well they were lower than that at one point so you never know.. But nowhere near as expensive as they are atm.

What I mean to say is that Jagex haven't solved the problem of bots at all. They are still around, and will return in greater numbers once if they give free trade to all accounts.

asrhasrh.jpg

Considering how crowded the green dragons are already, either the bots will move to blue dragons, or the price of dbones will only go up and not be offset by botting.

So nobody remembers when D Bones were down at 1.5k each BEFORE the wildy was altered, easy to escape from NPC's and the Chaos Tunnels were introduced then..? :rolleyes:

You mean when 1.5k was worth the same as 2.5k+ today? And before curses came out?

Yeah, I remember that.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Why would they move? It didn't seem like they cared much before.

indeed.

there are 2 types of botters:

self gain, and rwt.

self gain botters might go away, but rwt botters will stay... probably with even more numbers.

i dont think the price of d bones will change much, if it does it will be becouse of higher demand rather then lowwer suply.

also on the topic of green drag botters. anyone else gona pk them? :twisted:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

It'll be easier to smack around a bunch of drones than dragons, but if they're all set to autolog and are part of the same group, then they'll probably scatter as soon as you attack one of them.

Just like pigeons. :P

8f14270694.jpg

Players set the price not the GE so no the bone price will probably go down.

...What are you talking about?

This topic has already been discussed in the "What are you looking forward to about new RS Golden Age trade" thread. I brought up the idea and got shot down, its a good idea at first but as it has been explained, it probably wont change. Many people may think it will for a little bit I think causing some increase, but will probably go back down again. Potential for quick profit I assume.

wessan.png

Players set the price not the GE so no the bone price will probably go down.

...What are you talking about?

Lots of the old players who are returning are trying to return the market back to how it was pre GE. Which isn't going to happen unless rwt bots return.

The only things that will be really effected will be pking gear, bones and herbs. Herbs only if ovl and extremes are let into the wild. Bones will go up because of a decrease in supply from green dragons and increased demand depending on how many pkers want turmoil. Other skill related gear should remain about the same price. There are few enough skillers as is since mhing is so much more proffitable. The only way other skill gear will lower will be if monster drops take a nose dive as well, other wise even fewer people would skill for money.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Well with the new prayers there IS much higher demand now. More bots will come so I see prices going down.

I don't see many things other than pk gear going up in price when wilderness/free trade comes back. At least when you compare the so-called "street prices" of many current items, which are artificially inflated anyway.

So I hate to start another thread about "what will happen if the old wildy gets implemented into the game", but I don't think I've seen this issue addressed so far.

If the old wildy is reintroduced into the game, than players will be able to kill each other anywhere in the wilderness, and this would include the scores of green dragon botters out there. I am not at all condoning the use of bots, but they do without a doubt introduce massive amounts of dragon bones into the game, keeping prices low (low-ish). But with them gone, a major source of dragon bones will dry up with them. Another possible reason for the price of bones to spike is that pking might become more popular, and although many dime a dozen pures try to avoid training prayer, I've heard many stories of turmoil pures that would require massive amounts of bones before they could pk.

Anyone agree, disagree? What do you think will happen to the price of dragon bones?

There will still be bots, not as many but i think there will definitely be a fair few. Plus, there are many other spots out now that weren't there before the old wilderness was removed.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

There will still be bots, not as many but i think there will definitely be a fair few. Plus, there are many other spots out now that weren't there before the old wilderness was removed.

imo there would be more bots. free trade = more rwt = more bots.

at the minimum bots can move to chaos tunels green drags, humans hate all the baby dragons around but bots couldent care less.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

imo there would be more bots. free trade = more rwt = more bots.

at the minimum bots can move to chaos tunels green drags, humans hate all the baby dragons around but bots couldent care less.

they are already saturated

Ya bones probably will rise, I thought the same.

Unless they relocate green dragons ad somebody mentioned, which is possible due to the huge demand on bones.

I'm out of this thread because whenever I read that I payed 5x more on prayer, I'm mad.