Protect Prayers looked down upon

TheAncient

I thought theAncient was talking about Pvp? About protect prayers being looked down upon in Pvp.

I've never seen someone at clan wars ffa flaming another guy b/c he's praying, nor at castle wars or other safe minigames.

That's where I got the opinion that you have to risk stuff. Now im confused.

No, people definitely do whine a lot if you pray in basically any pvp scenario

My friend does what you do, which is 1v10 bridding at clan wars, and I've watched him several times, and never seen anyone complain about overheads at all...

In 1v10.....that's why.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought theAncient was talking about Pvp? About protect prayers being looked down upon in Pvp.

I've never seen someone at clan wars ffa flaming another guy b/c he's praying, nor at castle wars or other safe minigames.

My friend does what you do, which is 1v10 bridding at clan wars, and I've watched him several times, and never seen anyone complain about overheads at all...

In 1v10.....that's why.

No, they're all 138s and it's single combat.

Staurolite.png

People (even 138s) definitely complain about overheads in clan wars, I can take some pics if you want

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

In 1v10.....that's why.

No, they're all 138s and it's single combat.

Even if it's single, if he's expected to fight all 10 of them in a row, without break...then I'd call them royal [wagon]es if they complained he used prayer.

I'd love to see the screenshots Ancient, because I really want to see something funny ;)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPDoUYFzaLw

Was just fooling around in ffa with modern prays, didnt take long to find someone like this

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I was hoping more for a 1vs10 war...like in the actual clan war arena...not FFA Clan wars portal.

Yea that's what I was thinking... And you were talking to a 116? Huh, if a 138 prayed against someone 22 levels lower, I'd be sorta thinking the same thing.

Staurolite.png

I was hoping more for a 1vs10 war...like in the actual clan war arena...not FFA Clan wars portal.

Yea that's what I was thinking... And you were talking to a 116? Huh, if a 138 prayed against someone 22 levels lower, I'd be sorta thinking the same thing.

no, i was fighting the 136; the 116 was watching

sigcopyaf.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzBUZkvsBU

Hopped on 68 today, a group of 3 (2 of whom are friends) said they could trio anyone on 68 so i hop in their war against two noobs. I gave my friends' cc full warning that I'd be bridding against them

"Pray

Stupid ****

Wont fite a nerd"

The randomer on the other side raged, basically refusing to fight cause I was praying

Not a 1v5 obviously, but good 1v5s are hard to find and win

sigcopyaf.png

Eh, that was pretty good, it'll work for now. Closest we'll probably get :P

Nice briding btw. Is that a spirit cape?

Thanks, I havent been cwing much recently or i'd probably find a good 1v5 138 war eventually

Yeah its a spirit cape; it saves me enough for like 90% of an extra uni spec. the only downside is slightly less accurate barraging

sigcopyaf.png

Thanks, I havent been cwing much recently or i'd probably find a good 1v5 138 war eventually

Yeah its a spirit cape; it saves me enough for like 90% of an extra uni spec. the only downside is slightly less accurate barraging

Do you need the spirit cape to make unicorn the best healing? Or is it still better then everything else without the cape on?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Do you need the spirit cape to make unicorn the best healing? Or is it still better then everything else without the cape on?

For safe pvp uni is way better than anything else. a lot of semi-serious fights are done with food off and the only healing you get is from uni

sigcopyaf.png

For safe pvp uni is way better than anything else. a lot of semi-serious fights are done with food off and the only healing you get is from uni

You are not really making a case for the greatness of safe pvp here...

And well...i'm baffled by people complaining about praying anywhere else than pking- if the fights don't matter, there is no reason to complain, if they do something, so can you.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You are not really making a case for the greatness of safe pvp here...

And well...i'm baffled by people complaining about praying anywhere else than pking- if the fights don't matter, there is no reason to complain, if they do something, so can you.

Uni, SS, and blood barrage is enough healing for basically everything except back to back specs / PJing. which you can avoid easily if you know how to keep distance and have a reliable barrage. barrage is not nearly as reliable in pking because the higher magic attack items (arcane, ahrims) are usually cost prohibitive - thus defending (healing) against melee attacks is a much larger issue in pking than safe pvp.

the only other way to die is to get outbridded, and if you're outbridded in pking you'll pretty much die regardless of food.

also, most of the people who actually have a decent amount of skill will bring summ pots, which are actually better than any kind of food.

sigcopyaf.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CzBUZkvsBU

Hopped on 68 today, a group of 3 (2 of whom are friends) said they could trio anyone on 68 so i hop in their war against two noobs. I gave my friends' cc full warning that I'd be bridding against them

"Pray

Stupid ****

Wont fite a nerd"

The randomer on the other side raged, basically refusing to fight cause I was praying

Not a 1v5 obviously, but good 1v5s are hard to find and win

Lol, guess I was wrong then.

I've watched Rainy Limon fight when my friend invited me into their cc, and tried to teach my how to brid, lol. Anyways, I reckon it's not a mainstream thing to look down upon protect prayers, so it's not like it's a huge issue, compared to dangerous pvp.

And I can't remember what we're argueing about in this thread.

Staurolite.png