Dungeoneering prestige xp

realrat666

I know how to get up prestige xp in dungeoneering but its always maximum the same xp as the floor xp i get, but i saw this picture on the KB on runescape.com and it shows 106 floor xp and 3k prestige xp. getting that player an average of 1.5k base xp.

Anybody know how it's possible to get your prestige xp waaay higher than the floor exp???

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/kbase/skills/dungeoneering/screenshots/dungeon_endofgame1.jpg (sorry for link, image doesn't show when i use image tags)

goalsig.jpg

I know how to get up prestige xp in dungeoneering but its always maximum the same xp as the floor xp i get, but i saw this picture on the KB on runescape.com and it shows 106 floor xp and 3k prestige xp. getting that player an average of 1.5k base xp.

Anybody know how it's possible to get your prestige xp waaay higher than the floor exp???

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/kbase/skills/dungeoneering/screenshots/dungeon_endofgame1.jpg (sorry for link, image doesn't show when i use image tags)

*facepalm*

play low floors lol

this isn't exploitable if that's what you're thinking

Naaxi.png

*facepalm*

play low floors lol

this isn't exploitable if that's what you're thinking

What do you mean "play low floors"? You mean like over and over again?

I read that if you play a floor again your prestige xp will drop to 0...

goalsig.jpg

That is if you play the same floor again on the same reset. Are you playing every floor on every reset?

Well i only started with dungeoneering a few days ago, and i really only just figured out the floor and reset system.

What i do now is i reset and then i start from floor one, rush through it on complexity one (cause its only 5 minutes a floor, and on the low floors the xp isnt great anyways) and when im at a decent floor (like 8) i put it on complexity 8 to get the xp.

But then i get like 500 floor xp and 500 prestige xp.. My question is how ot get like 500 floor xp and 1.5k prestige, so that my base xp is 1k??

Or is it just impossible?? It shouldnt be because there is a pic of higher prestige xp on the RS KB..

goalsig.jpg

your supposed to do ALL your floors before you reset, otherwise you mess up your xp. what your talking about is ppl who have high prestige. you only get that when doing lower floors. when you do the higher floors, the floor/prestige xp gets closer to even. basically you get more xp for doing a lower floor when your level rises.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

your supposed to do ALL your floors before you reset, otherwise you mess up your xp. what your talking about is ppl who have high prestige. you only get that when doing lower floors. when you do the higher floors, the floor/prestige xp gets closer to even. basically you get more xp for doing a lower floor when your level rises.

so what u say is after a reset, i do floor 1 to 14 for example (if by then that is my highest floro possibble) and then i reset again and do it all over again? Do i get higher prestige xp then?

goalsig.jpg

so what u say is after a reset, i do floor 1 to 14 for example (if by then that is my highest floro possibble) and then i reset again and do it all over again? Do i get higher prestige xp then?

Yes, that's how your meant to do it.

7b6daf2cda.png

[spoiler=Goals]Quest cape: Complete! (for now)

All stats 70+:

othelbark.png

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!

Dragon drops: 2 d meds.

Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

Now that I've seen the picture from the KB, I see what the problem is.

The problem is that the picture in the KB is wrong. In reality, the prestige xp would also be 106 and not 3046. I think it was said somewhere that the picture was from when the xp rates were different (i.e. before release). So yeah, what you're asking is actually impossible and the KB lies.

sweepsig.png

Yes the picture is wrong. Floor xp and prestige xp of the same number are equal, as far as I know. However if you have, say, 13 prestige, you may very well get xp like in the picture. Jagex' fault you're confused :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The idea of the prestige system is to encourage you to do every floor, in any order - but allow you to get similar xp rates to what you would get, if there was no prestige system and you could just run your highest floor over and over again.

So rule of thumb is, do every floor you can before you reset. As you are levelling you will unlock more floors & therefore a higher prestige xp to compensate for that fact.

EDIT: misread the q - oh well someone else may find the above helpful.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

The idea of the prestige system is to encourage you to do every floor, in any order - but allow you to get similar xp rates to what you would get, if there was no prestige system and you could just run your highest floor over and over again.

So rule of thumb is, do every floor you can before you reset. As you are levelling you will unlock more floors & therefore a higher prestige xp to compensate for that fact.

The above seems very interesting =D you are saying that i can do it in whatever order i want? so i could just start with 1 and then do 5 and then 10 ill still get prestige 3??

goalsig.jpg

The above seems very interesting =D you are saying that i can do it in whatever order i want? so i could just start with 1 and then do 5 and then 10 ill still get prestige 3??

Yes, that's correct. You wouldn't want to reset before you had done everything in between though.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

There's been a few replies already but I'll take a stab at answering it incase you're still a bit confused.

Prestige is just a fancy name for the number of floors you did before you last reset, called "Previous Progress" on the ring interface.

The higher this number is the better, which is why you should do all floors you can do and then reset your progress. This will move the number in your "Current Progress" on the ring to "Previous Progress".

The ending screen will then take an average of the xp you gain from the floor and the xp you gain with your prestige. Then all of the modifiers such as deaths, level mod etc are calculated to a single percentage and that percentage is taken of the average xp previously to give you your xp for the floor.

Hope that helps :)

There's been a few replies already but I'll take a stab at answering it incase you're still a bit confused.

Prestige is just a fancy name for the number of floors you did before you last reset, called "Previous Progress" on the ring interface.

The higher this number is the better, which is why you should do all floors you can do and then reset your progress. This will move the number in your "Current Progress" on the ring to "Previous Progress".

The ending screen will then take an average of the xp you gain from the floor and the xp you gain with your prestige. Then all of the modifiers such as deaths, level mod etc are calculated to a single percentage and that percentage is taken of the average xp previously to give you your xp for the floor.

Hope that helps :)

But does every floor have a certain amount of xp, and every prestige lvl too?

I mean i always get the same xp for the floor and the prestige when i maintain it, but what if i would skip a few floors to first to the higher ones, would the prestige and the floor xp still be the same or say this:

i did all floors after each other till floor 10, then i skip to 15.

Would i get the floor xp of floor 15 and the prestige xp for floor 11?

and when i would then do floor 11 would i get the xp of floor 11 and the prestige of 12??

goalsig.jpg

If you're a higher level your prestige xp is going to be much higher than your floor XP. That's how prestige makes you get higher XP rates at higher levels.

If you finished say, 30 floors, and then reset, your prestige XP will be much higher than if you only did 5 floors and then reset - even on the same floor!

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

You would have floor xp of level 1 and prestige xp of level 30, averaged to create base xp for a dungeon.

Under exactly the same circumstances I believe each floor has a certain xp and the prestige xp of that level is the same. A great many factors affect this xp though so it's not really common to see the same xp twice in a row.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Here goes nothing.

say you can do floors 1-8.

Reset #1

You do floors 1-2 then you do 4-8 ("accidentally missing out floor 3) you then reset, you get Prestige 2 on Reset #2 (because you didnt do floor 3)

Reset #2

You do floors 1-7 missing 8 "Accidentally", your next reset is Prestige 7.

The Prestige system works very simple.

Say if you have

Floor 1 - 100XP
Prestige 30 - 20K XP
Your final xp will be (100+20,000) / 2
So your final xp will = 10,500

PLEASE NOTE THIS IF BEFORE ALL THE LEVEL MODIFIERS COME INTO EFFECT

It's (Floor xp+prestige)/2, basically the higher your prestige the better the xp you will get overall it's a big boost nevermind the floor you are doing, but as you get higher you neglect the lower floors ;)

But for example sake, what if you have no prestige and you reset twice in a row without completing floors!

Floor 1 - 100XP
Prestige 0 - 0 XP
Final XP - 50 XP

PLEASE NOTE THIS IF BEFORE ALL THE LEVEL MODIFIERS COME INTO EFFECT

Make sense?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here goes nothing.

say you can do floors 1-8.

Reset #1

You do floors 1-2 then you do 4-8 ("accidentally missing out floor 3) you then reset, you get Prestige 2 on Reset #2 (because you didnt do floor 3)

I did something like that and I had a prestige of 7 next reset (using the numbers in your example). Like they said above the order doesn't seem to matter.