Tasks to Block

Ezkaton

Now my friends - mostly Octarine and Drazhar44 - have been pestering me to sort out my block list. But I'm not too sure what to block exactly. I do have tasks I dislike, but some of them are good exp. I'll whack down what I do, and then ask you guys... What's your block list like?

I use Kuradal all the time btw.

Aberrant Spectres - Cannon

Abyssal Demons - Piety

Black Demons - Cannon

Black Dragons - Cannon

Blue dragons - Whip

Bloodvelds - Cannon

Dagannoths - Cannon

Dark Beasts - Piety

Desert Strykewyrms - Cannon

Dust Devils - Whip (Thinking of blocking)

Fire giants - Cannon

Gargoyles - Piety

Greater Demons - Whip

Hellhounds - Cannon

Ice Strykewyrms - 890k exp away... Obviously going to mage and cannon?

Iron Dragons - Piety

Jungle Strykewyrms - Cannon

Kalphites - Blocked

Living Rock creatures - Cannon

Mithril Dragons - Piety

Nechryaels - Piety

Skeletal wyverns - Cannon (Thinking of blocking... but have good crim drops)

Spiritual Mages - Whip

Steel Dragons - Piety

Suqahs - Cannon

Terror dogs - Blocked

TzHaar - Whip

Warped Tortoises - Whip (Thinking of blocking)

Waterfiends - Piety

So what do you guys advise?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Block tasks which you dislike.. Even if they're the best xp ever. Because fun > xp.

I myself block kalphites, hellhounds, black demons & black dragons.

Can't stand the low-drop ratio..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Terror dogs aren't that bad, you can use a combat familar and they are fast points for cancelling stuff.

Strykes are terrible xp (except ice) and charms but drop elites, so it's what you like.

Warped torts have only 2 spawns, so you have a) competition and b) overall slow task.

Don't block wyverns or dusties because of the charms. You can also use a combat familar (geyser) to kill them faster.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd suggest blocking Jungle and Desert Strykes, Kalphites, possibly Mages as they're out of the way and terrible xp though most of the time I do them. You'll make around 400k a task doing Tortoises and they aren't that slow, with extremes and a rapier you can kill around 40-50 every 10 minutes in a decent world.

My block list getting to 99 Slayer only had Kalphites and Desert Wyrms and I skipped Mages, Black Demons, Fiends, Terror Dogs and Wyverns when I couldn't be bothered to do them.

Really it's down to personal preference and what you're looking for in a task as to what you block.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'd suggest blocking Jungle and Desert Strykes, Kalphites, possibly Mages as they're out of the way and terrible xp though most of the time I do them. You'll make around 400k a task doing Tortoises and they aren't that slow, with extremes and a rapier you can kill around 40-50 every 10 minutes in a decent world.

My block list getting to 99 Slayer only had Kalphites and Desert Wyrms and I skipped Mages, Black Demons, Fiends, Terror Dogs and Wyverns when I couldn't be bothered to do them.

Really it's down to personal preference and what you're looking for in a task as to what you block.

I can do a Strykewyrm task with 2 Bunyips, and since his stats are way higher than mine, it would be a waste of a block blocking Strykewyrms. And Mages aren't worth a slot either. I have Kalphites, Steel Dragons, and Black Demons blocked.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I can do a Strykewyrm task with 2 Bunyips, and since his stats are way higher than mine, it would be a waste of a block blocking Strykewyrms. And Mages aren't worth a slot either. I have Kalphites, Steel Dragons, and Black Demons blocked.

Steels are not bad either (profit especially with yak, but also otherwise + elites & effigies) and black demons are just great ;-).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Terror dogs aren't that bad, you can use a combat familar and they are fast points for cancelling stuff.

Strykes are terrible xp (except ice) and charms but drop elites, so it's what you like.

Warped torts have only 2 spawns, so you have a) competition and b) overall slow task.

Don't block wyverns or dusties because of the charms. You can also use a combat familar (geyser) to kill them faster.

Actually they're all good points you say there. Perhaps the strykes to block would be jungle as they seem to be the most out of my way... Also I've never actually had a problem with warped torts and competition :3

What do you want from slayer?

Effigies

Charms

Profit

Max Slayer Xp

I have sample lists in my guide in my sig.

I'll take a look at the guide but in relation to the question you asked me:

Effigies - Nah not really... I hardly get them as drops anyways so they're nice bonus surprise but I wont go out of my way for them.

Charms - Knock on from slayer.... Already got enough to get me to about 500k from 95 summoning with more on the way each day.

Profit - I cannon and piety all of my tasks with herb runs in between so if you can tell me how to make more profit it'd be nice.

Slayer Xp - Yeah this is a big thing I want with a friend getting 94 and us having an agreement to get 99 together I don't want him to wait forever.

@BloodAngel Think you're right with the cancel list when I can't be bothered to do them... Those are the tasks I'm perhaps quite iffy about at times.

@Azeem, I agree with Quyneax's reply above this one - Steels aren't bad, even at your levels - and black demons are actually pretty cool. I don't mind a task of them as it's good range and slayer exp.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Ok here's a sample list, balancing Profit & Slayer XP - bearing in mind you don't have Turmoil or a Yak. However Super Antifires & Extremes are assumed also liberal use of cannon.

Cancelling a task costs about 80k gp (In worth of points) However remember the task you complete instead will add 40k back on. The goal is to roughly break even on tasks, and cancel a lot of the crap ones, so you can focus on a decent list for what you want to do.

Block

Fire Giants

Warped Tortoises

Jungle Strykewyrms

Greater Demons

Reasons for Block:

Firegiants - mediocre profit (or a loss if you cannon), gold charms, poor effigies, mediocre slayer xp

Warped Tortoise - Mediocre Profit, Only 2 spawns per world, poor charms, poor effigies

Jungle Strykes - Mediocre Profit, awful charms, poor xp, poor effigies

Greater Demons - Decent Crims - However, poor profit, low slayer xp, poor effigies, hard to find a world to kill fast (You may spend 5minutes hopping in Kuras)

Cancel

Hellhounds (Great Slayer Xp, but zero profit & zero charms, if you feel you can afford it - I would recommend shifting this to the DO list)

Dust Devils (Good Charms - Not so good without an Iron Titan +, all other fields are Low xp/profit)

Desert Strykewyrms (Semi-Decent profit, however poor in other fields)

Suqahs (Quick Points if you need them)

Living Rock Creatures (50k+ Slayer Xp when maxed, poor in other fields)

Kalphites (If you ever want to do KQ lol)

Terror Dogs (Quick Points if you NEED them)

TzHaar (Fight Cave - Fast XP @ Max)

All of the above should be cancelled since you are going for Profit + Slayer Xp, however should you decide on changing your priorities for slayer in future, several of these tasks offer good xp in their fields,

Do

Aberrant Spectres - Cannon ( +/= )

Abyssal Demons - Piety ( + )

Black Demons - Cannon ( - )

Black Dragons - Cannon ( + )

Blue Dragons - ZSpear/Korasi's + Ddef ( + )

Bloodvelds - Cannon ( - )

Dagannoths - Cannon ( - )

Dark Beasts - Piety ( +/=)

Gargoyles - Piety ( + )

Ice Strykewyrms - Cannon/Melee/Mage ( + )

Iron Dragons - Piety + ZSpear/Korasi's + Ddef ( + )

Mithril Dragons - Piety + Zspear/Korasi's + Ddef ( + )

Nechryaels - Piety ( + )

Skeletal Wyverns - Cannon + Whip ( + )

Spiritual Mages - Piety ( + )

Steel Dragons - Piety + ZSpear ( + )

Waterfiends - Piety ( + )

Profit/loss indicated in brackets, this assumes you bank, where possible, Herbs, Dragon Bones & Hides for the respective tasks.

Blocked tasks are tasks you should never bother doing for either of the 4 reasons to do slayer. I left the 5th block open, however I recommend Desert Strykes or Kalphites - I left Kalphite off the list for if in case you ever want to do KQ and get a task lol.

Try that for a list -

Note: Aside from Spiritual Mages all should offer decent charms. This is to balance your slayer & Summoning xp near a 1:1 ratio, several tasks in the list are relatively low xp & profit - but charms are still important if you are not 96.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Cancelling a task costs about 35-40k gp (In worth of points)

Cancelling costs 30 points, 100k worth of runes is 35. I'd say cancelling is about double what you said :)

ivo2pe7.gif

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?herb

^^ A herblore cost/xp calculator. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cleaning herbs has the values switched at the moment, but the fix has been submitted.

Actually they're all good points you say there. Perhaps the strykes to block would be jungle as they seem to be the most out of my way... Also I've never actually had a problem with warped torts and competition :3

What do you want from slayer?

Effigies

Charms

Profit

Max Slayer Xp

I have sample lists in my guide in my sig.

I'll take a look at the guide but in relation to the question you asked me:

Effigies - Nah not really... I hardly get them as drops anyways so they're nice bonus surprise but I wont go out of my way for them.

Charms - Knock on from slayer.... Already got enough to get me to about 500k from 95 summoning with more on the way each day.

Profit - I cannon and piety all of my tasks with herb runs in between so if you can tell me how to make more profit it'd be nice.

Slayer Xp - Yeah this is a big thing I want with a friend getting 94 and us having an agreement to get 99 together I don't want him to wait forever.

@BloodAngel Think you're right with the cancel list when I can't be bothered to do them... Those are the tasks I'm perhaps quite iffy about at times.

@Azeem, I agree with Quyneax's reply above this one - Steels aren't bad, even at your levels - and black demons are actually pretty cool. I don't mind a task of them as it's good range and slayer exp.

I only Meleed them in CT so I blocked em. I was thinking about removing Steels.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Cancelling a task costs about 35-40k gp (In worth of points)

Cancelling costs 30 points, 100k worth of runes is 35. I'd say cancelling is about double what you said :)

True that, should be the other way around, a task only adds 40k profit. (Deaths are 335 ea atm)

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Terror Dog's aren't bad. Like 20 Mins to do.

Less, even, especially with an iron/steel.