Call of Duty: Future Warfare

Blutters

I know I'm putting myself on the skewer here since all over TIF it's "Pics or it didn't happen" but here's the [short] story:

I got on my PS3 and scrolled over to my friends list to see who was on and this one kid [whom I met at school but don't talk to often] who plays and has played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 [seemingly without pause to try out Black Ops] since it came out was on "Call of Duty: Future Warfare"...

I [almost immediately] started sending him a message to ask what it was but he logged out before I finished typing it. I still sent it and he's usually on when I get on so hopefully he'll answer soon.

I've checked the PlaystationStore but they have nothing on it - no demos, game trailers, not even an entry. It is also not an add-on to an existing title. YouTube has nothing official as far as I could see, and similar searches on Bing reveal nothing more than the title being registered...

You cannot fake what it shows you playing on on the PS3. This particular individual has, as I said, played CoDMW2 since it came out and to this day [with his comment declaring 11th prestige - I believe that's what it said, but you cannot view their comment when they'e offline] and my best guess would be that he's earned some sort of beta testing spot. However, it simply said "Call of Duty: Future Warfare", not "beta" or anything of the sort...

http://www.games-inet.com/news-next-call-of-duty-game-will-be-future-warfare_927.html

Not a lot of official anything about it, but how can something be much more proven than as a [un-fake-able] current activity title on the PS3?

2dgucz6.png

With 10 months to go till the next CoD is released hes not going to be in any kind of beta. Whilst I've not heard of it before it wouldn't surprise me if hackers had found a way of changing the currently playing text.

So unless this kids dad is Bobby Kotick or something he or somebody else has probably just messed around with the text showing what hes playing. But if you say you know this kid IRL go and ask him about it.

Generic Shooter going to blow Generic Shooter out of the water.

Mhmm.

:thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I'd rather them release Past Warfare or something, where you fight in like a Roman army with swords and stuff. The killstreaks would be pretty awesome. Hell, I'd rather them just release Modern Warfare 3, or like Blacker Ops or something.

Future shooters are usually pretty awful. ('Cept BF2142 :> )

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'd rather them release Past Warfare or something, where you fight in like a Roman army with swords and stuff. The killstreaks would be pretty awesome. Hell, I'd rather them just release Modern Warfare 3, or like Blacker Ops or something.

Future shooters are usually pretty awful. ('Cept BF2142 :> )

*Points to MW series*

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that Activision patented a few really stupid names--Space Warfare, Future Warfare, Secret warfare, and Advanced Warfare. I also remember I searched those on google as a joke, but real results came up. Link

I would advise people to google Activision trademarks names or something like that as well. Lots of info floating around.

ANYWAY...this game will either be really weird (via Battlefield 2142) or just incredibly dumb and not even weird in the interesting sense. Guess we won't know until an E3 announcement or something. I also wonder which of their COD dev teams are making this particular game?

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

In the link I posted, which was one of the few "official" sources out there, they mentioned Visceral, the key makers behind Dead Space and now Dead Space 2... - Uh, rereading it, it's not the entire team but a few members from it. Still, I guess.

They do a good job. And despite all the protests on this thread, I expect that most people will pick up the next CoD from brand loyalty, no matter how dumb the after-title is.

Going to get on the PS3 now and see if that kid every messaged me back... <_< - Nope, he's probably in school right now. A year younger than me, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, you guys know that even a futuristic shooter in the CoD franchise is going to be as realistic as possible... It's not just about the weapons or the tech but how they show it implemented.

2dgucz6.png

Nevermind, he admits to hacking it. I didn't think he was smart enough to do so, but okay. Sorry!

MY FAITH IN THE OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION NETWORK FOREVER SHAKEN!

I'd say there's still enough official evidence if you guys want to speculate though...

2dgucz6.png