Jagex muting policy for inappropriate language.

EvilZerga

I really feel i need to go ranting about this.

Just by hoping some people support me on the view of social matters in runescape.

My rant is specifically aimed for chat monitoring, and abusive words. Not to mention the pathetic chat filtering.

Its a long read.

So.....

TL;DR version: I hate jagex mute system, mute evidence, and social surveillance troughout the game.

TL;DR messages i will receive. Please dont post... You waste your time on 5 characters which time you could use elsewhere. If you feel free to reply to it anyway with TL;DR... L2READ!

ON TOPIC

Within 1 week i've been muted for 2 times...

Yesterday i got muted aswell... So for what you might ask?

I've went to my message centre to the appeal ban/mute service, and I reviewed the evidence against me. For like 10minutes I was starring at the evidence, just to actually realize what innapropriate language I used.

So then I found out, at last.

I was with a friend in the partyroom, I was about to eat my dinner,

So i've told him i was gonna visit my girlfriend after diner and I should be online within the next 5hours.

So the mute must apply to the phrase... "i was gonna visit my girlfriend..."

Ye... this is really abusive language,

It was pure sollicitation, and a actual girl from runescape.......SARCASM!!!! TO THE LIMIT!!

If girlfriend is such a arousing word then why didnt they chatfiltered this word in the first place.

This whole event brings me to the fact which I always knew about.. Runescape is for kids..

Im not a kid, im 19 and close to getting 20 years old. Its not the actual kids that i blame. They are all around me, on this site alone. Well sometimes i do bother myself about some reall immature characters. But in general, i talk to them i play with them and we can all make fun and i have no actual problem that this game is aimed for kids in the first place.

The reason I blame jagex is for not accepting, or creating a environment in which a few grownups can talk like mature people. I always need to be aware, and alert that im playing a game with teenage people and some that are actual kids under 10 years old.

Im very sorry to all the community of runescape that i have a girlfriend, and sorry if you havent.

Its just a 24hour mute, so why am i so angry?

Im angry, because

*the mentality at which jagex bases their mutes, they actualy call it a offence, when theres nothing offending about it. It is just a level of chat that doesnt fit into the picture age which they like to offer to their game. If i were to use the "word" girlfriend in any other community, everyone would agree what i was saying, we would have an adult like conversation about sexy things and girlfriends.

Just because there are pedos on runescape or whatever reason these jigglyplex fools imagine we cannot even call our loved ones by the appropriate term.

So next time i need to be cautious which characters and words i use.

Sometimes im switching between MSN messenger and the runescape client.

And in the MSN window i have to adapt to my friends vocabulary, and in runescape i need to act like a daddy on the playground.

Not that i use such abusive language irl. Im a very proper person, and even if you are proper there are sometimes some slightly innapropriate words that fall in the wrong ears.

Also i find that the actual chat filter sucks hard... very hard... Alot of english words cannot be said properly,

Sometimes i have to bypass certain english words just to say them. But perhaps those are offending aswell.

To my knowledge everything is offensive to jagex if its source is no actual cambridge english.

This doesnt only account to english, there are lots of non english languages that suffer more from the chat filter.

And sometimes i even read forum topics on runescape dot com that want the chat filter to be even more strict.

I find there shouldnt be a chat filter in the first place.

Then again i do agree that certain kids use alot of abusive words. Im not going to mention them cause i know just as you know theres alot of abusive words and phrases in circulation.

Sometimes i wonder how runescape attracts so many immature characters,

I dont see such environments anywhere apart on runescape.

Maybe because runescape is a low standard game when it matters to graphics. I mean, you can use a very weak computer to play it.

It wont amaze me if alot of low standard people in this world play this game...

Sorry for judging reasons here,

im just getting mind buckled by how things are in runescape while they shouldnt be the way it is.

Im a very proper person,

and i get accused of things just because im selected to belong to the same brush of people that play runescape.

But in reality im totally different then most of these people.

I never use scold words, i never threaten others, I help more people then anyone else.

But i get muted by the offence system regardless of that just because im part of a immature system.

Im afraid that alot of people out there might feel adressed. So their egos are going to play tricks on them, telling me to GTFO.

Maybe i shouldnt bother with affairs which cannot be changed. Runescape is as it is.

I hope some people are going to agree with me,

there must be some mature people out there....

I have actualy posted a similar topic on runescape dot com in the ranting section.

I know the runescape ranting section is one big troll, i shouldnt expect any supporting messages,

But there were non supporting messages.

Everybody just love the chat filter and the abuse system it seems,

These actual kids dont even realize jagex is feeding them up like mom and dad.

And im suffering from it badly.

Hopefully there are different minds here on tip.it

Sorry for the long rant,

I just boiled over from hatred,

NOTE: The first mute i received one week ago was in regardence to spamming.

There was a mod next to me,

I knew he was there,

What i didnt knew is that he could possible anticipate my spamming and classify it as a offence in the first place.

But it seems jagex itself has a very different view on that.

It was nothing more then 3 lines of text.

And it was in regardence to a 600M drop and the contents of the chest.

May i please rant a few lines, no i may not.

It feels like im participating in a communist state,

Well thanks for the read.

Or thanks for not reading.

Either way, goobye and have a good time in runescape..

Strongly supported. Years of playing has taught me to never go on a moderator's clan chat, a famous player's clan chat, or speak in an extremely populated spot because there's a 99.9% chance of every word being used against you in some 12 year old's report that is usually taken completely out of context.

Specially a moderator's clan chat. That's full of wbms.

TL;DRE Too Long; Didn't Read Everything

I can understand your anger because this never happens to me even when i say abusive words and use workarounds all the time.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Every evidence of mutes I've ever seen shows the muted deserving his mute. Since you didn't provide any evidence, I'll trust that Jagex has muted you properly.

AS to aguying the fact that the rules are made for kids, while I agree with your statement, I prefer to have a filter and punishment for breaking the rules than having no filter at all and crappy language all around.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

You could take his word for it, Langer. The mute system is automated as far as I know, I wouldn't be surprised if he did get muted for saying girlfriend.

I read you rant (all of it) and I will say that it seems to me that Jagex has a very difficult position. One one hand they can't do everything by hand on the other hand their systems suck, badly.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Frankly, as easily as I can understand people hating the filter, and being muted, there is a reason for it. Spam does exist, if someone spends 5 minutes at the ge going @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

or even BUYING REDBERRY PIE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

(people REALLY need to learn to make those themselves. offtopic though.)

or going around saying "[bleep] you [bleep] suck my [rooster]".... I mean, I LIKE that stuff being censored >_>

But on the other hand, I've had more then one conversation be messed up cos of the censor. Or my irl knickname, Willy. Is censored.

I once got mutedd because of a completely out of context report where I said I was a mod, by someone who I wasn't even aware of existing until the report. Some guy said his man is Zezima, so I said mine was a J Mod. Some douch that had nothing to do with the conversation apparently responded to 5 minutes worth of it and reported me.

You know, I'd really like to see proof of this. Not that I don't believe you, but a part of me doesn't want to believe that something so absurd and stupid could happen.

A very small part, most of me is smart enough to realize it does >.<

Oh, and I agree with the tl;dr. I think I wrote a mini-rant about that once.... Gosh, this reply could easily turn into two off-topic rants of my own.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Every evidence of mutes I've ever seen shows the muted deserving his mute. Since you didn't provide any evidence, I'll trust that Jagex has muted you properly.

AS to aguying the fact that the rules are made for kids, while I agree with your statement, I prefer to have a filter and punishment for breaking the rules than having no filter at all and crappy language all around.

Want me to pm you some proof of a completely stupid mute (for actual helping solving pc problems why somebody couldn't connect to runescape another pc).. - Sure I got unmuted,

after 5 days...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with your rant so much. Jagex needs to realize that Runescape isn't a kiddies game, and remove the goddamn censor already.

I mean sure there will be people that will spam or talk some adultery crap. WHO THE HELL CARES. If it offends you, you probably shouldn't even be in this goddamn world anyway. Learn to accept the truth of the world for what it is, people.

Also, it shocks me to see you got muted for saying "girlfriend". Stupid kids/wbms and their jealousy taints. Jagex WANTS everyone on Runescape to be a single dude nolifing at their game all day long, right?

I can make a rant myself saying that most of Jagex's Runescape rules are absurdly messed up, but I cbf to do so and afraid I'll get banned for it... (what the hell happened to free speech, guys?)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I have a similar story. Me and a friend were doing some xmas activities in runescape (namely exchanging gifts, giving out free yew logs, and kbd). We were in lummy, f2p, when I make a joke revolving the kbd's wife. I mention the kbd having a dragon queen, typoing the o with an apostrophe. Jagex gives me an offense warning for offensive language. I actually appealed it and got it taken off....weird how jagex understands typos when you show'm your daily activities....lol

div>

Full support:

I once got a6 hour mute because a kid said he reported me and I replied 'Go back to F2P you noob reporter' and I got in trouble for 'encouraging rule breaking'

And at Sonniku, they are in the UK they dont beleive in Free speech :) why the hell do you think all there countries broke from them?

Quest Cape flier.

Full support:

I once got a6 hour mute because a kid said he reported me and I replied 'Go back to F2P you noob reporter' and I got in trouble for 'encouraging rule breaking'

And at Sonniku, they are in the UK they dont beleive in Free speech :) why the hell do you think all there countries broke from them?

China isn't exactly a country known for its Human rights or free speech either.

I support this statement. F u censorship!

I have been at another norwegian "tech"-forum. There I recently got a 1 month ban because I said what I thought about the moderators behavior. The sad side of the case was that there were no active admins, so all rants went straight to the mods were they were deleted. When I posted my beliefs in the forum I got warnings and many that agreed with me got bans. After a while i didn't care to be there anymore so I started a flamewar, and everyone started spamming the one most annoying mod. Gladly he disappeared.

This proves how bans are very unfair in many cases. It should be an option to disable the chat filter fully if you are registered as over 18 years old in my opinion.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

:blink: lots of words... I think I managed to understand it.

Was it something like this?

[hide]

Now this is the story all about how

My life got flipped, turned upside down

And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there

I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In West Philadelfia born and raised

On the playground where I spent most of my days

Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool

And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school

When a couple of guys said 'we're up in no good'

Started making trouble in my neighbourhood

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

And said 'you're moving with your aunt and uncle in Bel-Air'

I begged and pleaded with her the other day

But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way

She gave me a kissin' and she gave me my ticket

I put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it

First class, yo this is bad,

Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass

Is this what the people of Bel-Air livin' like,

Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the

Licensplate said 'Fresh' and had a dice in the mirror

If anything I could say that this cab was rare

But I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight

And I yelled to the cabby 'Yo, home smell you later'

Looked at my kingdom I was finally there

To settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

[/hide]

pere_grin.png

@peregrin,

Whaha funny :thumbsup: Well its not quite like that honestly, but i can mimic the similarities.

ANd thanks, I though for a moment i was the only only one feeling this way. Still makes no difference,

Jagex adds more values to kids and i can imagine that, still makes this reality a bit sad.

Its even worse that you cant talk with them about it freely, as i also posted similar rants on runescape forums,

I used no scold words, only contexts to how mods behaved and how they used their rules in almost a communist form to maintain order. I know its a problem for them.

But when i post a similar rant on runescape dot com, mods are replying to me in a highly bureaucratic, unsopporting, unsymphatized way... on top of that, all those messages are pre written. They have it set in notepad to copy and paste in their messages the moment a annoying character like me is putting actual truths on the internet. Its so pathetically sad... I have no words for it...

When he posted that it made me so angry... I said mods suuked and all theyre chassing is a children community with child like values and they should listen to me. Then i told the mod that he should send a personal message to my message center for sympathy on the subject and if he didnt do so i would classify him as a 12year old. Some stupid forum mod anyway whom probably is 12...

So again i got a basic copy/pasted message that if i didnt ease down i would never be able to use the forums again.

On top of that i got alot of other ASCII tissue boxes and man with hand on face messages cause theyre all just like i said they were.

I never used the rs forums since,

And i see no value in going there again.

The worst thing is, im "Right"

And proving my right is actually a offence to them, and they cant accept that. The only thing that kept me away is because the whole bucket of bolts of immaturies were in a majority, so there wasnt much support on my side.

I feel more sorry for these people including those pathetic Fmods. They have no lifes irl, they dont deserve better...

The fact is though, jagex is always going to take the side of the younger crowd, because let's face it, jagex is a company, and companies will always use children first because

1- they're more prone to suggestion/bad ideas

2- they accept everything as the truth, and

3- they can make more money off them buying lifetime membership (compared to older people)

Companies will always support the people they can take more advantage of, even if it means shunning/destroying the game for everyone else.

div>

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with your rant so much. Jagex needs to realize that Runescape isn't a kiddies game, and remove the goddamn censor already.

I mean sure there will be people that will spam or talk some adultery crap. WHO THE HELL CARES. If it offends you, you probably shouldn't even be in this goddamn world anyway. Learn to accept the truth of the world for what it is, people.

Also, it shocks me to see you got muted for saying "girlfriend". Stupid kids/wbms and their jealousy taints. Jagex WANTS everyone on Runescape to be a single dude nolifing at their game all day long, right?

I can make a rant myself saying that most of Jagex's Runescape rules are absurdly messed up, but I cbf to do so and afraid I'll get banned for it... (what the hell happened to free speech, guys?)

Free speech does not apply on private property.

This is Jagex's game, you play by their rules or you don't play.

Simple.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Free speech does not apply on private property.

This is Jagex's game, you play by their rules or you don't play.

Simple.

Oh so you WANT a kiddie's game now, don't you? <_<

Note that I know everything suggested thus far won't be implemented into the game. However, it never hurts to have these kinds of discussions here, because otherwise how are we supposed to foster discussion topics?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

@ cjm: in a way, jagex doesn't exactly own this game, the community does. If noone played runescape, would it still exist? Runescape is made possible through people playing, and jagex trying to satisfy OUR needs. They should be grateful that we still play, seeing as every time this game gets close to balanced, they go off and destroy a big chunk of it.

div>

I've learned throughout the years to talk scarcely, if at all, on RS, especially in public chat.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Lol...talk on here amitoz...its uncensored, you learn more, and you get advice from a guy with an animatronic bear for a display pic. Oh, and don't confuse drugs with rugs....especially when you're burning them in mass quantity....

div>