Farming JuJu Potions

Leoo

Just a few questions relating to making Farming JuJu Potions:

• Which Jakindos are the fastest for gathering Ugune seeds?
  • How long does it take for Ugune herbs to grow?

Any other tips and advice would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Pro tip, harvest one herb, use it to make a potion, drink a dose and harvest the rest.

Normal growth time for all herbs including herblore habitat is ~1.5 hours

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

A dose lasts 5 minutes, enough to finish a 5-patch run starting at Trollheim. I usually use one separate dose to harvest the two jungle patches, as you can't get them all in one run anyway.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A dose lasts 5 minutes, enough to finish a 5-patch run starting at Trollheim. I usually use one separate dose to harvest the two jungle patches, as you can't get them all in one run anyway.

This.

Its worth remembering despite trollheim tabs making trollheim patch easier to get too there is a significant run between the tele and the patch, where as all other patches you got maybe 5 - 10 seconds run tops from the best teles so doing trollheim first ensures the 1 dose lasts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

60-90% of the trips, I can do all the 5 regular patches + the jungle patches. It is quite possible (Though, it depends a bit on harvest, and if you fail a lot or not when climbing the vine to the island.)

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

60-90% of the trips, I can do all the 5 regular patches + the jungle patches. It is quite possible (Though, it depends a bit on harvest, and if you fail a lot or not when climbing the vine to the island.)

Or to be safe you can just not do the one across the island.

And don't hunt draconic for seeds, hunt carrion. Common jadinkos have the same drop rate as draconic and they both are worse than carrion.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Or to be safe you can just not do the one across the island.

And don't hunt draconic for seeds, hunt carrion. Common jadinkos have the same drop rate as draconic and they both are worse than carrion.

Actually, that would be stupid to do. Seeing as you can do all the normal herb patches first, then the one on the main island, and if you know that you have good time, go to the island and do the last one. 1-2 dead herb patches give you more than enough time to do the island one.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I've found that if you forgo farming flowers (limps/marigolds aren't AMAZING money anyway), use Catherby Teleport, Ardy Cape 3/4, Explorer Ring, Ectophial to get to the other 4 patches, you can always farm 1 herby habitat patch and sometimes have just enough time to farm the other.

This, of course, varies greatly depending on your herb yields.

Does anyone know how often you should be getting an Ugune seed from commons?

My Hunter level is just 72 and these are the ones that I catch right now.

Just finished trapping 200 of those, and 0 Ugune seeds :(

Margus.png

200 and no ugune is unlucky. I personally have only 143 catches logged (1 ugune seed) but overall I've had at least 7, probably 8 in 1k catches or thereabouts.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I've found that if you forgo farming flowers (limps/marigolds aren't AMAZING money anyway), use Catherby Teleport, Ardy Cape 3/4, Explorer Ring, Ectophial to get to the other 4 patches, you can always farm 1 herby habitat patch and sometimes have just enough time to farm the other.

This, of course, varies greatly depending on your herb yields.

Yep, even with camelot teleport, I often managed ALL 7 patches.

you can only use ardy 3 cape once a day.

So that is not really practical.

So i usually just stick to 5 patches.

You can however quite easily use skill neckalce to fishing guild or lunar fishing guild tele or even a fairy ring by the legends guild and end up within a stones throw of the patch.

Ardy cape only saves you like a couple of seconds really.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I do the fishing guild. But it doesn't really give enough time for me to do all 7 or 6.

But then again, it doesn't matter. It's not like I don't have a big stash of juju potions. I probably won't be able to use them all in my runescape career. especially since I am still planning to raise hunter with hunting jadinkos.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

You can easily do 6 patches if you leave the juju one as the last. The annoying part is that if you are like me and make your supercompost every other run you can't do that at the habitat spot. Wonder when will we be able to note the juju herbs...