The End of Runescape

b_ad

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will you move from Runescape to Stellar Dawn?

• Yes, I'll FULLY quit Runescape and ONLY use Stellar Dawn
    • I'll try it, but not cancel my Runescape membership.
    • I'll play both.
    • I'll stay on Runescape.
    • I will play neither Runescape nor Stellar Dawn.

Did you think there was a catch to the bringing back of the free trade and wilderness? Well here's the catch..

Jagex have announced that Stellar Dawn (Originally MechScape World) is being released this year and by 2012 Runescape will receive no more updates.

[hide] 132b2d220c6e4072bcbbcf8.png

01add5bc01c5497ab977e5e.png [/hide]

As you see from the above pictures Stellar Dawn has a modern sci-fi look.

The tagline,

'Stellar Dawn | Free Multi-player Sci-Fi Game | Coming soon from Jagex

Discover Stellar Dawn, the brand new free-to-play MMORPG coming soon from Jagex Games Studio.'

JaGeX said an estimated 90% of Runescape players will move to Stellar Dawn within the first month of release.

Pro's -

• A new start, everybody has the chance to be the best at the game - the highscores will be empty.
  • A change from the medieval-ish genre.
  • If you only use Stellar Dawn and fully quit Runescape you wont have to pay for membership. (Until they release members for Stellar Dawn)

Con's -

• If you decide to continue using Runescape, if the estimated 90% of players DO move to Stellar Dawn, there will rarely be more than 50000 players online. Divide this by 168 (The amount of Runescape servers) = 300 players. So imagine your home world in proportion to this. Jagex will most likely reduce the amount of worlds, but even then there will be less themed worlds (ie. Soul Wars, Pest Control..)
  • If you decide to use both Runescape and Stellar Dawn you'll probably have an extra membership payment a few months after. (When they bring out members on Stellar Dawn) ;)

Personally I'm happy and sad. I've just started to get really good on Runescape and its kinda a shame BUT it'll be nice for a change.

B_ad.png

You need at least one more option:

I will play neither Runescape nor Stellar Dawn.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Not really into space-like games. I like Runescape, Guild Wars and Fable, that's pretty much it really :-/ so I won't be affected by Stellar Dawn :shades:

Edit: What's this about no more runescape updates in 2012? o_O

2vuhgcn.png

Where did you find Jagex saying they were going to stop updating Runescape in 2012? I find it hard to believe that 90% of Runescape players will move to SD within the first month since they're going to be completely different games :blink:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Count me in the "10%" then. Jagex won't let Runescape die so easily and purposefully. It's been such a huge success that to abruptly pull the plug is a foolish thing to even think of. What's your basis for saying that they will in effect, discontinue Runescape? I've seen nothing to suggest that...

Slack_Tide.png

I hardly think that 90% are going to move to stellar dawn ever.

It's a total chance of genre.

From fantasy/Medieval to sci-fi.

You think people that like Runescape's style would automatically like Stellar Dawn?

Count me in the "10%" then. Jagex won't let Runescape die so easily and purposefully. It's been such a huge success that to abruptly pull the plug is a foolish thing to even think of. What's your basis for saying that they will in effect, discontinue Runescape? I've seen nothing to suggest that...

Count me in the "10%" too.

Where did they announce that they will stop updating RS?

This.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I'll be in the 10% also. Sci-fi games aren't my thing, at all. I like sci-fi, only in movies... :-D

2vuhgcn.png

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Until you give us that I'll think you're crying wolf.

jagex.com doesn't have anything special on their front page and all I could get from a short google search for "runescape stellar dawn update 2012" was this thread QFC:16-17-222-62195119.

Of course, I didn't try very hard but I expect that news of this magnitude would be very visible.

Castle of Zoltar

This topic is absolute rubbish, firstly you provide no evidence of the no updates to rs starting at 2012, then you claim a 90% take up rate away from rs to stelllar dawn when the games are totally different. You then go on to ignore the fact that rs is a very profitable entity for jagex and whilst it remains popular they will not stop updates, from a business point of view the market is large enough to support both games very well and contiue with support and developement costs.

Simply op is speaking utter nonsense and from your picture I can see why you are just a kid who has no idea how business operates... seriously think before you post.

pocket_0aces.png

Thanks for the replies guys. I couldn't care less what you think, thought you'd like to know so I posted. My bad. Try going in Mod MMG or Mod Mark's clan chat for a while a long time.

B_ad.png

Thanks for the replies guys. I couldn't care less what you think, thought you'd like to know so I posted. My bad. Try going in Mod MMG or Mod Mark's clan chat for a while a long time.

Dude, this is a forum. You know, a place where people exchange ideas? If you say something that makes a dozen people think "rubbish!", they're going to express it. Anyway, most people are just politely asking for confirmation from a reliable source. No need to go all "I couldn't care less what you think" when it's plain that you do.

Castle of Zoltar

*Insert facepalm here*

You know, posting any information without any source is just... dumb.

How did you think that we would think this was good information when you have no source of it what so ever.

It's like me saying Jagex will stop updating Runescape after free trade comes back and then insulting you if you don't believe it.

This guy is as big troll as Undo and that Zomoor guy.

They all create pointless topics. (no offense but you do)

Dude, this is a forum. You know, a place where people exchange ideas? If you say something that makes a dozen people think "rubbish!", they're going to express it. Anyway, most people are just politely asking for confirmation from a reliable source. No need to go all "I couldn't care less what you think" when it's plain that you do.

You guys are being nasty to me so Imma be nasty back.

B_ad.png

Like a suicide bomber walking around the town in dynamite armor yelling, "I'm going to *insert building here* so just ignore me and let me kill the innocent people".

You started it by stating information you apparently got from Jagex which one one else can find without any source what so ever.

This, my friends, is the biggest crap-filled, unsubstantiated abortion of a thread that I have seen in a long time :thumbdown:

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

We're not trying to be nasty to you. We're trying to check if you're giving us accurate information. I'm sorry about suspecting your information but false/exaggerated news has been on these forums multiple times.

Castle of Zoltar