Is it now neccessary to have a "Staker Name"?

chi13

We've all lounged around in the wildy or in the duel arena for an opponent roughly our level. We finally find that yellow level with the appropriate gear. Time to look him (her) up. Wait s(he)'s named IlIl1IlIl11I.

Players do this so that you cannot look them up on the high scores or in the adventure log (because non of us keeps our adventure logs private).

Does this annoy you? Aggravate you? Alert you to the fact that this person is indeed a staker? Opinions?

It seems to me the name can be just one layer of defence. After squinting at all those l's and finding the guy your guard is let down to the point you stake them their rules, or maybe you don't watch for the rule switch. Personally I won't stake them at all if I can't be arsed to look up their name.

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

Bounty hunter and tournaments were not a replacement, they are garbage.

Players do this so that you cannot look them up on the high scores or in the adventure log (because non of us keeps our adventure logs private).

Players do this so you can't report them for botting.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

RS players cheating? I'm shocked!!! :eek:

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

clearly all you saying its just a name have never come across it before..

can you not remember when such names were banned? think the main culprit was 0o O0 o0ooo0oO o 0 kinda thing lol

yeah its a pain in the ass, but then if your a specdialiost staker, like that guy with 99 summopning low combat, you dont want people to easily find your stats as the suprise is how you mkae your money..

to be honest i hate staking >:(

RS players cheating? I'm shocked!!! :eek:

I lied

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

clearly all you saying its just a name have never come across it before..

can you not remember when such names were banned? think the main culprit was 0o O0 o0ooo0oO o 0 kinda thing lol

yeah its a pain in the ass, but then if your a specdialiost staker, like that guy with 99 summopning low combat, you dont want people to easily find your stats as the suprise is how you mkae your money..

to be honest i hate staking >:(

either o00ooo0o0o or

mnmnmnmnmn

ilililililililil

there are new ones that use t' and j's and l's and such to make m's. anems have gotten more difficult it seems with the screen name changing update

I can't see why it matters outside the Wilderness. It would only take a little longer to look up their stats via Stat Spy or other methods mentioned in this thread, giving them the only sort of tangible advantage in the Wilderness, where rival pkers might hesitate to attack them. Even at that point, though...

It mattered back then, now not so much. Plus, it's likely Jagex will add even more things to duel arena like being able to see each other's equipment, stat and inventory screens during wagering/game set-up.

Stakers were annoying anyway. They wanted to use the best weapon their high attack could wield, but didn't want me to use the best armor my high defense could use.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit