The Unwritten Rules Of Runescape...

sibbo

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this used to b a well acknowledged rule in rsc, but in the mining guild do not steal other peoples rocks, there is enough to go round and u just waste their and ur own time

It is in bad taste to steal one's rock if they were occupying it currently but your comment about "u just waste their and your own time" is partially wrong. You waste their time, your objective begins quicker, thus you waste less time.- Sorry for trying to sound smart...

ok, I know this is a really old thread but I stumbled across it so here's my 2 cents.

what RaScape said is just dumb, that's assuming that you get the ore 100% of the time which is definatly not true. Think about this mmmk..

Take for example the mith rocks in the mining guild. There are 3 in a simi-grouping then 2 stragglers off to the side (looking from west to east). Ok, now lets say you match a person rock for rock and you compete for the ore. There's no way you're going to get all of them 90% of the time. But you can start at the rock furtherest from your competition and guarantee yourself atleast 2. Then if you end up finishing your half then go ahead and move in on him/her and compete rock for rock. Otherwise if your competing it's usually a waste of time statistically speaking. I've also noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of people that have adopted the 'no competition' mannorism (Atleast for coal). As far as I'm concerned.. Mith, Addy and Rune are all up for grabs. :) But seriously.. There's soo much coal.. There's no reason to be a rock hog.

Arrow stealers [innapropriate comment removed ~Alduron]!

Begging doesn't bother me as much as frivolous trade requests, those are moronic, idiotic, and lame.

Be respectful of other's combat training areas. Don't go throwing some knife across 10 squares just to get someone elses opponent especially if they have been patiently waiting for the respawn.

When you get to a combat training area with multiple people reguardless of your level your the noob of that area, and should thusly wait your turn before moving in on someone elses opponent. Most likely, there is a limited number of enemy's the person in the place you want to be can fight and they (or anyone else) will be done shortly.

Don't follow me just because you are too lazy to click a mouse button and opt instead to continue to stuff your pie hole with potato chips while you make your way to my destination. Which will usually get you lost because I'll ditch you in the middle of a field and teleport.

Contrary to popular belief, if you sell something to the general store you better be sure you can afford to loose it. If an item hits the general store it's automatically fair game plain and simple. ..That's why it's called a STORE..

Don't abuse a multi-combat area by casting lame spells on another person's opponent just because you don't have the armor to survive. Other people are not your crutch to magic leveling.

Don't abuse a multi-combat area by ranging on another person's opponent just because you don't have the armor to survive. Other people are not your crutch to range leveling.

My nick is 'WhitePhatt' -NOT- White P Hat ...The sooner you realize this the better off you will be.

If u kant speel thin pleez downt tri! ...People who can't spell correctly more then 80% of the time, should line up next to the arrow stealers, and [innapropriate comment removed ~Alduron]!

Shortening and acronyming objects.. Sometimes it works well for words like 'adamantite' (addy), 'lobster' (lob), mithril (mith), 'potion' (pot), but don't try to shorten words less then 5 characters because that's no time saver. Such as shortening 'ruby' (rub) because that's just dumb and nobody knows what your talking about. There is no 'k' in 'scimitar' (skimmy), among other grammatical atrocities..

-WhitePhatt (NOT WHITE P HAT!!!) :D

There are certain unwritten rules of runescape that people need to abide by in order to keep the game runing smoothly and to keep everyone happy :lol: so I thought about starting a post where everyone can place their unwritten rules. Theres a few that have been bugging me in particular lately:

1) When making nats using the general store method, do not steal other people's essence, it is extremly anoying and can ruin peoples systems

2) Don't beg people for items or money because most people don't want to know, if you used the begging time for levelling time, your more likely to make a lot more money!

3) When asked about levels, dont lie about what yours really are, because people just find out, and you end up looking like a noob.

Please add anymore unwritten rules you think need to be added in order to make gaming, that little bit more enjoyable :lol:

Lieing makes you look like noob? fo lol....

1. dont scam/hack(unless you want to become friendless ofcource)

2. dont flame others just because you want to(will end up getting flamed back and forward)

3. dont lure/pray 1on1/afq pk(less trust from everyone- constantly getting flamed)

Those are already mostly rules..You just DONT do them :roll:

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Dont forget the wonderful wildy rules :

No tele'ing

No prayer

No running

No eating

No fighting

No giving a Pk'er a hard battle

You must trade your items to a pk'er instead

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Don't mess with green drag killers at all. really, if they're nice you can pick up there hides off the ground.

if they have a skull, go ahead kill them. if not they're training and dont mess with them!

And dont even try to pk them without an antidragon sheild. i promise you'll get owned.

at deul arena, dont keep on wanting to fight an obvious mage and then turn mage off and say no mage! the'll never fight you!

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Its just this simple - be courteous

though what does bug me is when someone asks your levels, then doesn't believe you.

Boasting Noob: Magic Lvls?

Boasting Noob: Bet I'm highest

Random Guy1: 34

Random Guy2: 27

Me: What are you then?

Boasting Noob: I'm the best - 68!!!! You can look me up if you want

Me: I'm lvl 71

Boasting Noob: Sure...

Before you insult/ boast - check your facts!

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

this used to b a well acknowledged rule in rsc, but in the mining guild do not steal other peoples rocks, there is enough to go round and u just waste their and ur own time

When you're mining at coal trucks. Don't stand over the 5 rocks on the west side and say "F--- off, my rocks!"

Especially don't say it if your mining level is about 32. Because I can and will mine the other 4 while you're mining your first one.

If you continue to insist that they're "you're" rocks I will take them from you just because. On the other hand, if you share nicely then I'll share equally nicely.

Acting like an idiot and being rude before I've done more than walk up to the mining area constitutes open season on me bugging you as much as I possibly can.

what i ment, when i posted this last year :? is this: if your in the middle of minning a rock, then someone starts mining that rock with other available rocks around it's annoying... and wow my grammer/spelling has really cleaned up :shock:

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

things you shouldn't do

opening doors when someone has managed to lure a gurad/knight etc. into a house, and you have no need to go in, you just want to annoy them...

also opening the fur trader's door, so thast he can see theives.

attacking someone's monster when they

a)dont ask for help

b)ask you to not attack

c)are having no difficulty

using a cannon. anywhere, ever, it is annoying

attacking abyssers

flaming people for having high/low levels

spamming the chat area

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

I think the word noob should be banned from all RS. Whenever I see someone say it, I report them straight away... is that ok?

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

1. No male with white hair should wear dwarf pants, PERIOD.

2. Don't alc at Dharock, that's just begging to be flamed.

3. When training firemaking in varrock, don't steal other players lines.

4. Bronze is thy metal, revel in all it's glory.

5. Love thy cabbage, or a certain 500 members of a cult might come after your hide...

why do the unwritten rules need to be written if they are common sense?

They are written for the people with out common sense :lol:

no pking rc abyss users.

Jagex normally doesnt permanently ban people for Bug abuse.

Retired 2/28/08

16 Level 99 Stats

2,270 Skill Total

1) When making nats using the general store method, do not steal other people's essence, it is extremly anoying and can ruin peoples systems

It isn't called "stealing" you were just too lazy to have bank trips. :roll:

I mean they pay the owner, they aren't stealing from you since the shop owner already bought it from you it isn't urs anymore. :roll:

Anyway, I want this rule:

Respect Other People's Level:

It's very annoying then someone asks farming level? I say 40 and he says "LOL, a level 106 with 40 farming. Noob."

It's very irrutrating then people think everyone's perfect then they reach level 100. They just forget their hard work then they say "you should be at least level 90 noob"

Who supports this?

I back you up 110% on that one. respect who cares if u have low farming some of us just hate to farm :P

Jagex normally doesnt permanently ban people for Bug abuse.

Retired 2/28/08

16 Level 99 Stats

2,270 Skill Total

I back you up 110% on that one. respect who cares if u have low farming some of us just hate to farm :P

Well someone said "Lol a level 106 with 40 runecrafting what a noob" "Lol a level 100 with 48 archery what a noob"

I was just giving an example.

And it wouldn't matter what action Jagex would take. There is always someone that would insult someone without breaking the rules.

1: If you are a higher level that someone else, don't go and attack everything they attack. It's not big or funny to have a level 30 training on Barbarians just to have a level 60 come along and kill the same one they are attacking in two hits. I saw 3 people doing that at Barbarians today while training my newb account, each one was a pure and they delighted in doing so, constantly laughing.

2: If you are a lvl 110 wearing full dragon with a whip, and you are fighting something like the TzHaar guards, don't attack a monster a lvl 90 is fighting, letting them take alot of damage while you take the exp and items. I have seen multiple people doing this at TzHaar, and it is not funny to see someone wearing full drag who takes very little damage to get a cape from a monster that a lvl 90 is fighting.

3: Don't ask someone what those ears/scythe/whatever they are wearing is then call them a "liar n00b" when they say it is untradeable.

he its waay more annoying for highlvls training there when u got 5 noobs behind u attacking everything u attack.

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

Don't kill knights, guards, heroes whatever at Ardy Market. They're poor exp bad drops and all you're doing is annoying people.

What a good idea, let the heroes kill you on the gem stall, and don't hurt them, very intellingent of you. NOT. You may not be a thief, but you can't stop be for being evil, I don't care if you are FBI of RuneScape :twisted:

Anyway I got a good rule. I hope it's ok if unwritten rules are also allowed for more than just players

Swarms may not come anywhere at anytime, only when someone breaks a rule.

There's a lot of rules for you to add to the 1st post, so get going!!

1)PKing people at mage arena, I know it's meant to be dangerous and all, but it really p1553d me off!!

2)Teleother in Dharok's tomb

3)PKing RCers

4)Luring/scamming/hacking/macroeing and all other Jagex rules

5)telling people to look on high scores instead of sayin "73," a lot of people have slow internets and so can't have more than 1 window open.

6)PKing rune miners on F2P, and P2P, but no one uses those rocks on P2P

7)Being Durial321

8)Saying "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" randomly to annoy people

9)Quitting :D

10)Not knowing about the World Map or Knowledge Base or forums

11)Getting your mod friends to ban random people that you don't like (possibly what someone did to my 1st account)

12)Having more than 1 member account and/or pure

13)Not telling people about your finds, eg. quick routes, merchanting ideas

Stop me now, please someone!!

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

There's a lot of rules for you to add to the 1st post, so get going!!

1)PKing people at mage arena, I know it's meant to be dangerous and all, but it really p1553d me off!!

2)Teleother in Dharok's tomb

3)PKing RCers

4)Luring/scamming/hacking/macroeing and all other Jagex rules

5)telling people to look on high scores instead of sayin "73," a lot of people have slow internets and so can't have more than 1 window open.

6)PKing rune miners on F2P, and P2P, but no one uses those rocks on P2P

7)Being Durial321

8)Saying "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" randomly to annoy people

9)Quitting :D

10)Not knowing about the World Map or Knowledge Base or forums

11)Getting your mod friends to ban random people that you don't like (possibly what someone did to my 1st account)

12)Having more than 1 member account and/or pure

13)Not telling people about your finds, eg. quick routes, merchanting ideas

Stop me now, please someone!!

Some rules I don't agree/understand with:

2. Just go to options and have accept aid off.

6. Actually I've rarily seen rocks with blue lines in the wilderness in a low crowded world

7. What do you mean exactly?

9. If people don't like the game they have right to quit