GuidesForScapers - What do you want to see?

GuidesForScapers

Which would you enjoy/find the most use in?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you enjoy/find the most use in?

• Money Making
    • Training Methods
    • Anything that will help me

Hi,

as some of you guys might already know, i have a Runescape YouTube channel that i used to upload guides to (http://www.youtube.com/guidesforscapers). I had it going well for a few weeks, and then i had a computer catastrophe which resulted in ALL of my video templates, graphics and ability to record Runescape videos going down the drain. I haven't made any Runescape guides in 7 months, but i am now planning on starting again.

As with most Youtubers/guide makers, i need to know what you guys want to see from my videos. So, please both vote in the poll and post with more specific answers.

Also, do you guys like the format of the videos? What could i do to make them of a higher standard (quality will now be 720p HD always, no white bars at the top/bottom).

Thanks.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I'd love to see some minigame guides that show good strategies. Oh, and maybe add a few playlists of 'viewers' personal favourite videos' for people who wanna afk/train boring skills like wc'ing/fishing...

div>

How to train dungeoneering on a pure.

speech%20bubble.png My Dungeoneering level is 35.

Lol, i'm not exactly a dungeoneering fan... So i guess that would be a no-go for me.

@foursideking

I always fancied making a guide on something like castle wars or the duel arena (probably even more desirable after the update). I might do some :P I'm not 100% on what you meant by your second suggestion, do you mean just general Runescape videos that people could watch while training skills? If so i think that is a really good idea.

Thanks both of you :P

GuidesForScapers.png

How to train dungeoneering on a pure.

speech%20bubble.png My Dungeoneering level is 35.

Lol, i'm not exactly a dungeoneering fan... So i guess that would be a no-go for me.

@foursideking

I always fancied making a guide on something like castle wars or the duel arena (probably even more desirable after the update). I might do some :P I'm not 100% on what you meant by your second suggestion, do you mean just general Runescape videos that people could watch while training skills? If so i think that is a really good idea.

Thanks both of you :P

guide on how to get 80 dungeoneering quickly

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

@op: naw, I meant like videos such as tv episodes/interesting things that runescape players used to watch while doing afk'able skills. Ie: when I was training fishing, I used to watch old episodes of whose line is it anyway/drawn together.

div>

Dont make guides on how to get fast xp, since pretty much everyone knows how or if they don't they can just look on rs wiki or something and find what they need to know in seconds.

I'd recommend going into more specific guides, i.e. minigame strategies, as someone said before. Just try to be original.

@op: naw, I meant like videos such as tv episodes/interesting things that runescape players used to watch while doing afk'able skills. Ie: when I was training fishing, I used to watch old episodes of whose line is it anyway/drawn together.

Not a bad idea. However i think it would be more effective to simply refer them to a couple of websites for TV programmes and movies available for streaming. People have different tastes so i think it would be better for them to choose than me :P Thanks :)

Dont make guides on how to get fast xp, since pretty much everyone knows how or if they don't they can just look on rs wiki or something and find what they need to know in seconds.

I'd recommend going into more specific guides, i.e. minigame strategies, as someone said before. Just try to be original.

I always try to be as specific and original as possible. I give as much detail on the subject as i can, along with trying to make guides that have never before been released (i search beforehand on YouTube).

I'd love live commentated pk videos (or livestream, but i doubt it would work)

Just got the idea from dota/LoL , not sure how it would work in RS though.

I would do this, but i'm simply not the live commentary (or any commentary) type of guy. I feel like an arse recording it, and equally so once the video is up and the hate comments start rolling in because of my British accent :P Haters gon' hate, but i'd rather just avoid the hate to begin with.

Perhaps if it is requested enough, but until i see it as a severe set back in the quality of my guides i will do without it.

Next few guides i have planned:

-How to Kill Green Dragons and Green Dragon PKers for GREAT Cash

-How to Anti-Rush, low risk and high profit

-High detail revenant killing guide

Tell me what you think about these ideas. Just finished up recording for the green dragon video. It isn't just one of the hundreds of existing green dragon guides, it will show people how to kill PKers with practically 0 risk and very few limits based on combat level. For example, i have done around 5 trips to greens today. 0 kills sadly, but i have made countless numbers of people 10 - 13 combat levels higher than me teleport, died a few times and still managed to make a pretty decent profit. Sound good to you guys :S?

Thanks to all, looking forward to more responses :P

GuidesForScapers.png

Guides involving PvP. There weren't many back in the day, and it is a hard subject to write a guide on, but if you succeed, they're usually very good :shades:

I am actually very relieved to hear that. Over the past few months i haven't been doing much else other than PvP in general. I like to think that i have a decent amount of knowledge on it, and i have a few tactics that i would be happy to share :)

(How quick am i to reply? So proud right now :D!)

GuidesForScapers.png

Thumbs up for pvp strategies, some newbie stuff and more advanced strategies maybe.

Make that and u won yourself a subscriber. :P

Btw : British accents rock, i'd kill to have one. :o

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Black salamander at barrows isn't unorthodox o_o

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You've won yourself an assistant if you decide to run with some of my ideas. Ps: british accents don't rock, and neither does the lingo. You have to say 3x as many words just to order a hamburger...

div>

Ps: british accents don't rock, and neither does the lingo. You have to say 3x as many words just to order a hamburger...

Ur opinion, and i do like speaking more than i actually should.

British accents rock. No way u can make me change my mind bout that. :)

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

the last ~5 guides you've written have been both ridiculously short, and are hardly little more than tips.

Your plank making guide a prime example.

There really isn't a need to explain how to cast the plank making spell.

and aside from that, it's not so much as a guide as a tip saying "oh hey plank making earns 175k xp/hour"

if you're going to make something as general as "a money making guide"

it better be very comprehensive, and it should include money making methods in excess of 4 mil gp/hour.

Otherwise it would just be completely outdated or just for new players.

If you make a guide on training methods, list more than just a single training method at the very least.

Explain the xp rates into highest detail, etc.

And I honestly consider that, simply a bottom line for any guide.

If you don't achieve that, your guides will just be a waste of forum space.

so before you start asking people for guides, you really need to improve your guide quality.

Because at this point, even if there are guides that I want to see written. I would not want them written by you.

Naaxi.png

only time iv ever wanted to look at youtube rs 'guides' is when i've got lost on a quest and need to visually see where i have to go, but there's pretty much one of theses up for every quest atm anyway

if you're actually that good, most useful thing i can think of would be to put an honest [ie deaths as well as kills] collection of pvp clips together, with commentary [text if you dont like chattin']explaining why and how you did things, where you messed up, where you planned ahead/what you where thinking at the time etc - like some of the top arena glads do @ wow

im sure its hard to find a good instructional balance without patronizing viewers and treating them like they are disabled

i liked the staking idea - as i for one have very little experience staking - if you went this route then i think it'd be more useful to avoid the 'handy general hints and tips' route and focus more on specific setups, builds and rules - maybe a series of vids including dds staking, mage boxing, melee boxing, low level etc

gl, why so much free time? :P

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

the last ~5 guides you've written have been both ridiculously short, and are hardly little more than tips.

Your plank making guide a prime example.

There really isn't a need to explain how to cast the plank making spell.

and aside from that, it's not so much as a guide as a tip saying "oh hey plank making earns 175k xp/hour"

if you're going to make something as general as "a money making guide"

it better be very comprehensive, and it should include money making methods in excess of 4 mil gp/hour.

Otherwise it would just be completely outdated or just for new players.

If you make a guide on training methods, list more than just a single training method at the very least.

Explain the xp rates into highest detail, etc.

And I honestly consider that, simply a bottom line for any guide.

If you don't achieve that, your guides will just be a waste of forum space.

so before you start asking people for guides, you really need to improve your guide quality.

Because at this point, even if there are guides that I want to see written. I would not want them written by you.

<3 you for that post. Excluding the last part, of course (which i feel is harsh).

The reason for the short/simple nature of my videos is because i wanted to be able to produce guides at a good rate, a few times a week minimum was my goal. I definitely agree that they should have more substance, and do my video stats. My largest guide, which took quite a while to get exp rates for/record/edit, is the most viewed... By quite a lot. I want to keep the simple nature to the guides, but i don't want them to be lacking in detail or substance.

I understand what you're saying with the money making guide part, and agree to a certain extent. However, i think 4m is pushing it. Thousands of people struggle to make 1m an hour, obviously with your stats you aren't likely to have this problem, but many lower levels do. I always try to make my guides on the higher end ways of training or making money, but i won't neglect my lower leveled viewers to do so.

I feel i have gone into a good amount of detail in my guides when it comes to rates/hr, obviously you may disagree due to you being the master of efficiency.

As you can see in my first post, i wasn't asking purely for guides, i was asking for CnC in general. How to improve the guides and the content of them. You're entitled to your opinion, but i'd appreciate it if you put it across in a more pleasant way <_< .

only time iv ever wanted to look at youtube rs 'guides' is when i've got lost on a quest and need to visually see where i have to go, but there's pretty much one of theses up for every quest atm anyway

if you're actually that good, most useful thing i can think of would be to put an honest [ie deaths as well as kills] collection of pvp clips together, with commentary [text if you dont like chattin']explaining why and how you did things, where you messed up, where you planned ahead/what you where thinking at the time etc - like some of the top arena glads do @ wow

im sure its hard to find a good instructional balance without patronizing viewers and treating them like they are disabled

i liked the staking idea - as i for one have very little experience staking - if you went this route then i think it'd be more useful to avoid the 'handy general hints and tips' route and focus more on specific setups, builds and rules - maybe a series of vids including dds staking, mage boxing, melee boxing, low level etc

gl, why so much free time? :P

I will probably start producing the more PvP based clips, as you described, once i have reached 95 prayer and maybe boosted my combat stats a bit. The same with the staking tips, really.

At the moment i wouldn't consider myself a bad PKer, but my stats are definitely holding me back.

So much free time because i dropped out of sixth form and am currently job hunting :P. There are only so many hours that can be spent filling in applications.

Thanks for all the feedback, i really appreciate it. Expect my next video to be out within the next few days :)

GuidesForScapers.png

If I needed a guide for something, I would not look at yours at all for it.

I can't work out whether this post is serious or not. Mostly due to the fact you seem to have never made a post of any kind of quality, yet try to criticise me at every point possible.

If you're going to give criticism, make it constructive. Otherwise you just look like a bit of a penis.

GuidesForScapers.png