Spam emails from "Jagex"

Utopia

You have your MSN on your Tip.it profile. If you use that email as your Runescape account one they may have taken a guess and sent it to that email. Either that or they may just be sending out mass emails to any email accounts. I know my spam folder has a dozen or two emails claiming my World of Warcraft account is under investigation by Blizzard and I should login to fix the problem immediately. The thing is, I've never played WoW.

Meh, you're probably right. The MSN was the one I found it on. Funny thing is, it has over 6.6k unread emails on it, and today I just decided to look and that was right on top. My luck, I guess. <_<

VsaJs.jpg

For future reference, Jagex doesn't send emails. There's a message center on the RS site for anything they'd want with you.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

For future reference, Jagex doesn't send emails. There's a message center on the RS site for anything they'd want with you.

They do send emails, but usually that's just to announce updates (updates that are generally on the front page anyway).

Spam emails doesn't hack your account, link inside the spam email lets you decide whether to give away your password freely or not, as well as installing keyloggers or similar. It's not hacking FYI. But i have also been getting a lot of professionally made phishing letters from Jagex : /

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

If you arent hurting for bank space, you can also remove your email address and never get mail from Jagex. Thats what I did and I can safely ignore all emails claiming to be from Jagex.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I have never gotten an email from Jagex. There must be some box to tick or untick to get emails on updates.

I used to get them when my members lapsed or confirmation emails whenever I restarted. Nothing else though.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Well the email said I received an infraction for a "Major Macroing" offense. So I was freaking out and the email said to click the link to view the offence. So I clicked it but failed to read that the address bar was something like "runiescapee" and just entered my username and password. Then, for some reason, I just left the computer after I realized that there was no offence... I pretty much got owned. :rolleyes:

VsaJs.jpg

If you've committed an offense you can check from your log in screen, no need to check anywhere else.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

FYI. But i have also been getting a lot of professionally made phishing letters from Jagex : /

I have gotten two four to date, one was a very professional one that looked exactly like a jagex email, was from "Jagex Ltd." but linked to a multiupload link and asked me to install FirstPerson rs

The second one I got was the one mass emailed to tipit folks.

EDIT: lol, i just got two more about "major infractions" and crap like that *delete*

The only emails I have gotten from jagex is the membership start/end confirmation emails.

Jagex ONLY uses the message center to contact players, never ever email.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂